Jeff Fisher on Rich Eisen "I want respect in the game"

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Arians didn't inherit a better situation.

Not even the Cardinals fans I talked with had any faith in their owners, the FO, or their new GM.

The Carson Palmer deal was laughed at, he didn't amount to much with the Raiders. And even if he could play at the level he did, not one thought he could survive behind their OL with a horrid run game.

The loss of Ray Horton terrified them. They pretty much credited him for their whole defense.

Poisoned locker room.

That he turned that team into anything more than 6-10 in what near everyone regards as the toughest division in football let alone take down RW in the Clink while challenging for a playoff berth surprised literally everyone. I'd rather have PC by a longshot, but I had crow to eat for some of my Arians is overrated and rode Luck and Pagano's illness to prominence comments and say I was dead wrong.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2x5ma3tq said:
Arians didn't inherit a better situation.
He inherited a top five defense, and an all-world receiver. What did Fisher inherit?

I strongly disagree; I think Arians walked into a considerably better situation than Fisher did in terms of both of their arrivals to the NFC West.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
at least a mediocre offensive line, a declining but still dangerous RB, at least a serviceable if strangely erratic QB, an already potent DL with Robert Quinn and Chris Long.

Arians had a defense that quit in 2012 and was thought to be on the verge of falling apart without Horton, and Larry Fitzgerald. No running game to speak of, pop warner tackling dummies for an OL, a complete disaster at QB.

Subzero717

Reaction score
The Cards d was very good. However the fact they were able to.go 10-5 with Palmer is impressive.