Jared allen close to signing?

TwilightError

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ab3fitu said:
Largent80":1ab3fitu said:
twelthmanfan":1ab3fitu said:
Ware just signed 3 years 30 mil with 20 something guaranteed. Wow.

Hahaha, Denver is selling out for THIS year. Only problem still is, they have Manning for a QB.... :lol:

Yeah they are going all out to fix their Defense. They are acting so desperate! I think it's pretty clear we got in their heads.

Being completely humiliated in front of the largest possible audience would do that, yeah.

Largent80

Reaction score
I am thinking Allen will want exactly what we would have paid Clem. So, I'm not so sure he is in our ballpark money wise.

Yeah, we are a contender and that may sway him, but I am not seeing it happen.

nwgamer

Reaction score
The bad thing about the Ware signing as it relates to us is that it might set the price range for Allen way higher than we may have wanted.

Largent80

Reaction score
nwgamer":xkfntxw5 said:
The bad thing about the Ware signing as it relates to us is that it might set the price range for Allen way higher than we may have wanted.

10 mil per year is crazy.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Largent80":1ted7iwa said:
nwgamer":1ted7iwa said:

Especially since Shaun Phillips had 10 sacks for Denver last year and made less than $2 million.

Now they are bringing in a guy to replace him that has more injury history, is bad against the run, and hopes to once again get 10 sacks. For $13 million this year and $20 million guaranteed.

They are paying more for potentially the same production.

That's called bad management.

suppaball

Reaction score
Largent80":fqnm2d6g said:
nwgamer":fqnm2d6g said:

Yes 10 mill. Is crazy high, Elway must be on one.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
suppaball":1vucmc8h said:
Largent80":1vucmc8h said:
nwgamer":1vucmc8h said:

Yes 10 mill. Is crazy high, Elway must be on one.

It's called desperation.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Allen has already turned down the same deal Ware signed for. Yeah, he's not going to be a Seahawk.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m

That deal Broncos signed Ware to? They had the same 3-year, $30M deal on the table for Jared Allen. DEN waited to see who was free. Ware was

Then he clarified:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 40s

To be clear on Jared Allen’s offer from the #Broncos, he would’ve taken it. Was fine with the money (3 for $10M). But Broncos made him wait

Highlordb

Reaction score
But I thought the donkey's were the team of destiny last year? more like team of desperation...we should how many holes they have now there overpaying for old broken talent.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Yeah, if that's the case then Allen isn't coming here. Silly contract for Ware, too.

Soooo how about that pay cut Clem :D

Treefiddy

Reaction score
HawkFan72":wp89mm2f said:
Largent80":wp89mm2f said:
twelthmanfan":wp89mm2f said:

Hahaha, Denver is selling out for THIS year. Only problem still is, they have Manning for a QB.... :lol:

Yeah they are going all out to fix their Defense. They are acting so desperate! I think it's pretty clear we got in their heads.
How does throwing a bunch of high priced FA against the wall work? They are the 2011 Eagles.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Treefiddy":weiq6mnd said:
HawkFan72":weiq6mnd said:
Largent80":weiq6mnd said:
twelthmanfan":weiq6mnd said:

How does throwing a bunch of high priced FA against the wall work? They are the 2011 Eagles.
Now do I think they are going to win the SB? No but the eagles in 2011 isn't even comparable, one has Peyton one had vick

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Highlordb":1fy8ixve said:
But I thought the donkey's were the team of destiny last year? more like team of desperation...we should how many holes they have now there overpaying for old broken talent.

If Ware is healthy he's going to be a monster with Von Miller on the other side.

Talib is a great corner. Ward is a very underrated safety.

The Broncos moves have been very good. They have the cap room to burn, might as well use it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3f0gtjqe said:
Highlordb":3f0gtjqe said:

If Ware is healthy he's going to be a monster with Von Miller on the other side.

The Broncos moves have been very good. They have the cap room to burn, might as well use it.

I think Ware will have pretty much the same production that Shaun Phillips had last year. Around 10 sacks, bad against the run.

I don't trust Ware to stay healthy all year too. Think he'll miss at least 3 games.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":17gzx19o said:
Highlordb":17gzx19o said:

Maybe they can give the Seahawks a game this year

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
irfuben32":35livvcy said:
Hasselbeck":35livvcy said:
Highlordb":35livvcy said:

Maybe they can give the Seahawks a game this year

They might only lose by 28 now. :D

Really though, assuming all things stay the same.. we will remain the worst possible match-up for Denver just because their weaknesses are our extreme strengths.

Latest posts