Jamal Adams back as... a linebacker?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Would you take the fastest LB in the NFL...who has the best catching abilities in the NFL? Add on 9 sacks a year ago from a position that doesn't typically get sent to sack the QB.

Sure, he has been fairly called hands of steal but that's being judged as a safety, not a LB.

Yes, he is fragile but if no one wants him and the Hawks can grab him back at anywhere near a vet minimum on a prove it 1 year deal...jump on it!
Nine sacks a year ago? Adams hasn't recorded a QB sack since December 20th, 2020.

The average height/weight for an NFL linebacker is 6'2", 245 lbs. Adams is 6'1", 213 lbs. To say that he'd be undersized would be an understatement. Plus, I don't get the logic of putting a player who is injury prone into a position where he's going to be subject to more physical contact than he was before.

Not only that, but Adams was a locker room problem. Let's not forget the incident where he refused to support his teammates after he found out that he wasn't going to play:

As bad as Adams was on the field at times over the last three years, the worst possible thing he could do is leave his teammates out to hang. Yet, ahead of Week 15 against the Philadelphia Eagles, Adams did just that. After learning he was not going to play (because of injury or ineffectiveness), Adams either chose to leave Lumen Field or stay at home. (Where he was initially remains unclear.)

Macdonald just got through giving this defense an enema and purged us of the POS named Jamal Adams. No way do I want to see him anywhere near this team.

There are only 53 spots on an NFL roster. Let's not waste one on an experiment that has almost zero chance of succeeding.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score

Heard that on the podcast video with Dave and Bob.

Just more evidence that though John and Pete were mostly aligned on players, the philosophy in terms of how theyd be used wasnt always one they agreed on.

Pete - ' the players will fit the system, regardless of their specific abilities'

Ex. - Jamal, Jimmy G, Carlos Dunlap... or the adherence to the philosophy in coverage that CBs dont follow matchups...

John - ' lets adjust the system to match thr players'

No doubt Jamal was John's guy. And Pete let him on board, but then pushed him into a roll HE wanted him in rather than one he was best suited for.

hangumhi

Reaction score
Huard seems to think so.

"
“They certainly know that body over the last four years and the injury history associated with it,” Huard said. ” … As you get closer to and through OTAs and everything else, not as a safety (because) safety is accounted for … but linebacker is still in question. And in this draft if you don’t find a linebacker and Jamal Adams is still out there and unsigned and is willing to play that, I don’t think that’s 100% off the table.”

I'm just posting the link. Don't shoot the messenger 😉.

For a cheap price I like it actually. However I completely disagree with a will position. I don't think he has the wheels to cover a back out of the backfield but I do think he could play Sam at a high level because he has the strength size and tenacity to cover a tight end quite well in my opinion.

xray

Reaction score
In other news, Mike Holmgren may come back as the assistant OC. The guy at Lowes told me, so it could be true.
I heard that from a guy in the gardening dept . at Home Depot . OMG !

James in PA

Reaction score
Have any teams even expressed interest in him? I haven't heard any news about him (other than this ridiculous return to Seattle chatter). Pretty telling.

flv2

Reaction score
I could see him on a lot of rosters as a hybrid role player, but his days starting 80%+ of snaps are over. It would have to be a low value deal.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No just no that ship has long sailed off.
Adams is done and gone.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Without reading any previous posts, but how can anybody think this could work out? Guy couldn't stay healthy at the safety spot and now there's talk about bringing his undersized body back in to take constant physical abuse at LB? LOL. Just no and let us move on already.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Will if Adams comes back, you can all sh!t on him like in the past. Probably spares some other player from net negativity
Up until this past season, I didn't have anything personal against Jamal Adams. I didn't like the trade and didn't think he was worth what we were paying for him, but I had no problem with Jamal Adams the person.

Then, in his first game back this season when the concussion protocol doctor ruled him out, he unloaded on him. OK, so maybe he was frustrated from all that rehab work only to be ruled out after just a few plays. Plus, he manned up and apologized.

But then a few weeks later, he did it again, and this time he wasn't even involved. And not too long after that, he publicly insulted a reporter's wife, a person he didn't have any association with whatsoever, in his "yikes" tweet. And to top it all off, when told that he wouldn't be playing, he pouts like a baby and leaves for/stays at home instead of helping his team/teammates in any way he can.

Sorry, man, but I'll shit all over Jamal Adams as that's what he's been doing to innocent bystanders and his teammates.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Depends on the price. Doubt he'd play for minimum and try to win the job in camp and preseason.

Depends on the price? So your open to a failed project before it even begins? Adams could pay the FO and i'd still decline it. Guy could never be a LB in the NFL even if he was healthy.