J.R. Sweezy Concussion (Replaced by Glowinski)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1ozvep5g said:
Glowinski should be at the very least a decent replacement for Sweezy. I don't feel like Sweezy has the same impact as Okung has on the line. Since we also have to play without Okung though against the best and most frequent blitz team in the league, I'd seriously consider letting Tjack play the game. This might be Wilson's end otherwise.

I felt a little better before news Sweezy's concussion popped up, because Bailey has had a couple of weeks to get back in the swing of things at LT. I don't feel good at all about Sweezy being out, because Glowinski hasn't played anywhere near a full game, especially against a team like the Tards. Hopefully they coaches will patch something halfway acceptable together and Russell's success rate against the blitz (second half of season) will continue. Glowinski looks like starting-guard material, but he's getting thrown in to the fire for sure.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":25hrrojm said:
Willson is also out, we are down to Helfet as starter at TE....sheez.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/footbal ... 731829.php
Okung is likely going to miss another week too. Huge surprise there. :sarcasm_on:

Good news is that it sounds like Kam will be back and Bennett and Avril are gonna play and Jordan Hill is too. Defense is pretty much healthy.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":1zrb92t4 said:
How did Glowinski do in the small sample size of playing time this year?

I believe Glowinski played just one offensive snap this season. It came against the 49ers in Week 11 when Sweezy had to leave the game for a play. The rest of his snaps have come on special teams.

Carroll and Cable have expressed excitement about Glowinski's future in the program. He came in with a lot of technique issues -- footwork, playing too high, use of leverage, etc. -- but the raw product is there to grow into an excellent NFL guard.

Unfortunately, even if Glowinski does well in his first start, if the rest of the offensive line plays poorly, the average ignorant NFL fan will scapegoat Glowinski because he is the obvious target, the inexperienced one.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Should we sit Wilson instead of risking him behind frankenline ?

Latest posts