Sweezy Concussion

kidhawk

Reaction score
There was no mention of it in yesterday's report, but Sweezy was added to the DNP list today shown as a concussion. If this is true, I wonder when it happened, because he wasn't listed in yesterday's report at all. If he just recently sustained the concussion, he may miss the game Sunday with all the NFL rules and protocols regarding concussions....I'm working away from my computer and only had limited time to get the report and pass it on, so if anyone hears anything extra, please post it here. Thanks.

Oh yeah, the injury report is listed here....

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ha9rlom said:
There was no mention of it in yesterday's report, but Sweezy was added to the DNP list today shown as a concussion. If this is true, I wonder when it happened, because he wasn't listed in yesterday's report at all. If he just recently sustained the concussion, he may miss the game Sunday with all the NFL rules and protocols regarding concussions....I'm working away from my computer and only had limited time to get the report and pass it on, so if anyone hears anything extra, please post it here. Thanks.

Oh yeah, the injury report is listed here....

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Doesn't that typically mean it would happen later in yesterday's practice? So he made it through what is deemed as a full practice, but was then evaluated for a concussion and held out today?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yes, he must have practiced yesterday but not today. I just don't know if someone missed an in game concussion or if it happened at or after practice yesterday. Guess we shall hear something from Pete on Friday.

drdiags

Reaction score
I read something online yesterday that says he is highly doubtful for Sunday. So does Bailey move in as RG or McQ slide over?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":3n0jm8dg said:
I read something online yesterday that says he is highly doubtful for Sunday. So does Bailey move in as RG or McQ slide over?

I would also guess McQuistan, as he seems to be Pete's first go-to when any O-line position needs filled except center. I think we'd probably be best served with Jeanpierre there, but with Unger working through injuries this year, I don't think it's worth the risk (personally) to play Jeanpierre too much at this point. I am sure we'll hear more later today.

Jville

Reaction score
kidhawk":2qziy3ap said:
drdiags":2qziy3ap said:

I would also guess McQuistan, as he seems to be Pete's first go-to when any O-line position needs filled except center. I think we'd probably be best served with Jeanpierre there, but with Unger working through injuries this year, I don't think it's worth the risk (personally) to play Jeanpierre too much at this point. I am sure we'll hear more later today.

Bailey has seen some snaps in the closing minutes of games where the outcome was already decided and the team was running out the clock. Although, I would like to see Bailey get more snaps. I'm not all that comfortable with him selling play action this early in his career. I would prefer an experienced veteran to start the Arizona game.

Thats a very savy defensive front the Cardinals are bringing to Century Link Field.

Seaswab

Reaction score
so Fitzgerald gets a concussion and is miraculously back

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seaswab":222upm15 said:

LOL! I think the Seahawks will be fine without Sweezy. Sorry to hear about his concussion but there isn't much drop off from him to Bailey/McQ/Bowie.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seaswab":ax5apfyp said:

Everyone reacts differently. What are you trying to get at?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Game status came out just now, and it has Sweezy as OUT along with Wright and Harvin.

Chancellor, Clemons, Lynch, Miller, Turbin, Lane & Sherman are all listed as probable, so they should all play.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1t0nb2zr said:
Seaswab":1t0nb2zr said:

Everyone reacts differently. What are you trying to get at?

Yup and each concussion is different too. Some more severe than others. Also, do we even know that Sweezy got his during the game? I still wonder if something happened during the week that caused the concussion, since he did practice on Wednesday. One other thing, is that when it's a concussion, it's not a player's choice to play or not, you have to get medical clearance to play. It isn't Fitzgerald manning up or Sweezy being weak it's just a case by case when the symptoms clear up

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bailey or Bowie will do a fine job at RG, I hope that's who they put there because both have played well and could use some more exposure. I think they would be better for the running game than any other option.

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting development. It is a challenge to avoid telegraphing intentions to an experienced defensive line. A newbie at right guard adds intrigue to Sundays game.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":255wdjq4 said:
Michael Bowie was repping with the 1's at RG in practice on Thursday.

Good deal. For a 7th round rookie, the kid played pretty damn well. I felt bad for him when he was inactive for the last few games after playing his guts out early on.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bowie has experience playing against the Cards already. He was filling in for Breno last time they played. Plus Breno and Okung are back this time. It's a better situation than the last time the Seahawks faced the Cards.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawkfan68":12u80nru said:
Seaswab":12u80nru said:

LOL! I think the Seahawks will be fine without Sweezy. Sorry to hear about his concussion but there isn't much drop off from him to Bailey/McQ/Bowie.

And you know this how? Bowie had all of his reg. season snaps a RT and Bailey played LT in limited fashion. There is no meaningful date to back up that assertion.

I think this comes down to either Bowie or McQuistan. To tell you the truth, I'm anxious to see how Bowie does at RG. He got a lot of snaps this week in practice. I just hope the run game doesn't get worse than it already is, because if there is one thing Sweezy does well it is run block.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Our best run blocker is Giacommini.

I think this is actually good news for the OL. Sweezy is a good run blocker, but he's not all that physical, and he gets owned in pass pro. RG lines up opposite Dockett.

So now we have Bowie vs. Dockett instead of Sweezy vs. Dockett. I'm much happier with that matchup, at least in the pass game. I'm not all that thrilled with Sweezy; I see him get beat at the point of attack too much. Maybe I'm being impatient with his progression, but I honestly don't know what they see in him. I don't think he brings any more to the table than a guy they draft in the 2nd or 3rd round this year honestly.

Latest posts