I've Admittedly Wavered But I Am In Again

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":3a0g4odm said:
I heard some announcers comparing this year's Seahawks to Pete's Trojans right before he left.

"Pete does great for a while with fresh players coming through every 3 or 4 years, but then his message gets stale."

But like Brock said, if the players weren't getting excited about playing for Pete, that's on them.

Bennett's bullshit of saying he was reading books during meetings was chickenshit, considering they paid him and traded him to a winning team.

And that's how he repays the city of Seattle and all the working stiffs who buy shit so that he can make millions. The city and fans that supported his charities and his protests. Not everybody supported him, but IMHO, a large majority did.

Good riddance I hope the Eagles suck this year.

We may look back and be glad he did it, lighting a fire under Pete along with all the other stuff may be what this team needed. A chip from the top down, Coaching, judgeing our draft, the now Oline pick was a shot at both John and Pete as well as the lack of respect for the defense and the offense.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Jac":3hck2lpo said:
I feel the same way. Last season, there was just this rot, this decay, or disease that was infecting the whole operation. From players to coaching to personnel management...all of it just felt wrong or off. It didn't help that the Rams were the young upstart or the 49ers found their media darling QB. Lesser teams, like the Ruskell/Mora Hawks, would have claimed the need for another year for the vision to be realized. This administration took this season as cue to reboot (an oft picked-on describer in the media, but entirely appropriate since we have already have a lot of pieces most importantly QB). Their Round 5 was so focused and just silly in potential value.

If the Hawks reboot their running game with Solari, Penny/Carson, Dissley/Dickson, and a FB (with Wilson an arguably top-5 QB gaining the benefit of that attention)...they're going to be a really annoying and tough out. Everybody has already anointed the Rams as division champ and 49ers as wild card contender...I think they're going to be really surprised by this team.

I know you said so much more in this post, but the Rams are in trouble. Their locker room will be cancer. Go out an trade for or sign all the notorious locker room problems, how arrogant. Plus, it seems they may have pissed Donald off beyond repair. Just a feeling, but we will see.

This team will be better than expected, and I can't wait to see the national narrative flip.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think it's hilarious how many people are crowning the Rams the next Super Bowl rep for the NFC. They brought in a bunch of ego's and assume they can just make them all happy. Let alone stay injury free. Sure they picked up some players and have a lot of talent, but that doesn't always equate to winning. They haven't won a playoff game since 2004, I'll be impressed if they actually WIN a game in the playoffs. The implode is going to be a blast to watch.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2p9n2ou6 said:
Jac":2p9n2ou6 said:
I feel the same way. Last season, there was just this rot, this decay, or disease that was infecting the whole operation. From players to coaching to personnel management...all of it just felt wrong or off. It didn't help that the Rams were the young upstart or the 49ers found their media darling QB. Lesser teams, like the Ruskell/Mora Hawks, would have claimed the need for another year for the vision to be realized. This administration took this season as cue to reboot (an oft picked-on describer in the media, but entirely appropriate since we have already have a lot of pieces most importantly QB). Their Round 5 was so focused and just silly in potential value.

If the Hawks reboot their running game with Solari, Penny/Carson, Dissley/Dickson, and a FB (with Wilson an arguably top-5 QB gaining the benefit of that attention)...they're going to be a really annoying and tough out. Everybody has already anointed the Rams as division champ and 49ers as wild card contender...I think they're going to be really surprised by this team.

I know you said so much more in this post, but the Rams are in trouble. Their locker room will be cancer. Go out an trade for or sign all the notorious locker room problems, how arrogant. Plus, it seems they may have pissed Donald off beyond repair. Just a feeling, but we will see.

This team will be better than expected, and I can't wait to see the national narrative flip.

If they did upset Donald, how sweet/ironic would it be if he came to us (kinda like Sherman did with the 49ers)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27y3jh7y said:
I think it's hilarious how many people are crowning the Rams the next Super Bowl rep for the NFC. They brought in a bunch of ego's and assume they can just make them all happy. Let alone stay injury free. Sure they picked up some players and have a lot of talent, but that doesn't always equate to winning. They haven't won a playoff game since 2004, I'll be impressed if they actually WIN a game in the playoffs. The implode is going to be a blast to watch.

I agree, especially with Goff at QB.........as we found out in the Atlanta playoff game, he may never have the ability to make the throws in the clutch when it counts.

McVay is the real deal, but I'll never buy into the Rams as a SB winner with Goff.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":pqoknth7 said:
I'm glad he's the QB of the Lambs, not even close to clutch as a QB, especially when under pressure.

Goff under pressure.

Hqdefault

nrayorr

Reaction score
Aros":1iidbeei said:
But something switched for me when I watched our draft. I didn't just hope it was a good one, I FELT it. Had the mediots given us a high draft grade I would have been genuinely disappointed. No, I want everyone to pull a Mel Kiper. I want these dolts to eat their words in a year or three.

Like you said, this has happened every year since PC and JS took charge. I was once a BPA kind of guy when it came to the draft, but as of late this hasn't been the case because every year the Hawks pull surprises on me, so the who BPA thing is out the window for me. Usually there are mid season draft grades and end of season draft grades, draft do overs, etc. where our draft always seem to be better than it originally was with the "mediots". In short I agree! I can't wait for the Hawks to prove them wrong ONCE AGAIN!!

nrayorr

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1prbpr60 said:

I remember a few years back when the Eagles brought in a lot of talent and was given the name, "The Dream Team" and fell flat. It's not about just having a lot of talent... it's about how that talent meshes with one another and how they play together. I don't believe the Rams will do as good as everyone think they will do this year. Just a hunch.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I have this feeling about the Hawks this offseason that I haven't had since like 2011/2012. I see the grades everyone gave us, and I think they're all insane, just like I did in 2012. I'm not sure exactly why, but I think this draft is exceptionally special. I think there will be 4 or 5 stars...6 or 7 starters by their 2nd season. Getting rid of some of the coaches and some of the disgruntled players should work magic in the locker room, even for the veterans. I just feel a different vibe from that of the last few seasons. Oddly enough, it seems that many here feel somewhat similarly. I see a distinct possibility of 12 wins. I see a Super Bowl in 2019. For the first time in awhile, I am truly excited. Go Hawks!