It's hate week. Ducks vs huskies.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":kfgmueyf said:
Is there one position on the field where Oregon doesn't have the better player than Washington?

LB, nose guard

SeatownJay

Reaction score
CPHawk":2eibewbz said:
SeatownJay":2eibewbz said:
Is there one position on the field where Oregon doesn't have the better player than Washington?

LB, nose guard
Is Ka'kaha a linebacker or defensive end? If he's an end then that would make 3 positions.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HawkWow":l7rlac68 said:
CPHawk":l7rlac68 said:
HawkWow":l7rlac68 said:
Jeeeez what a grab. Beautiful toss and catch.

That's the beauty of having a 6'5 WR. Something the Hawks need to find for Russ.

For sure, but every team is after 6'5 receivers. We could have went after Benjamin, but Pete elected to go with the much smaller, more Ross-like Richardson. Anymore, hard to say what a Pete-type receiver actually is.

COOP!

It's difficult to draft someone when they are already taken by a team with higher draft position than you. Maybe the Seahawks targeted Benjamin, he was taken at #28 pick by the Panthers. The Seahawks had the #32nd pick in the draft.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2iba7uw1 said:
HawkWow":2iba7uw1 said:
CPHawk":2iba7uw1 said:
HawkWow":2iba7uw1 said:
Jeeeez what a grab. Beautiful toss and catch.

That's the beauty of having a 6'5 WR. Something the Hawks need to find for Russ.

For sure, but every team is after 6'5 receivers. We could have went after Benjamin, but Pete elected to go with the much smaller, more Ross-like Richardson. Anymore, hard to say what a Pete-type receiver actually is.

COOP!

It's difficult to draft someone when they are already taken by a team with higher draft position than you. Maybe the Seahawks targeted Benjamin, he was taken at #28 pick by the Panthers. The Seahawks had the #32nd pick in the draft.

Since trading up was invented.. well, I see teams do it all the time. I do understand we don't do it all the time. It's much harder to look genius when trading up for quality players, so we prefer to live on the edge.

Pete is after what he feels is special players. Not just tall receivers as many (apparently) believe. This is one reason Pete targeted the much smaller Harvin when it appeared Dez Bryant could be had for similar compensation. Too bad, Dez is both tall and special and Harvin is just special, in a short bus kinda way.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'd say congrats to Oregon but that would suggest we thought we'd be competitive. Head and shoulders better than our Dawgs and I too agree we should try Williams for awhile. At least he looks like he has something resembling awareness when ball is in hand.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I wasn't able to see any of the second half but I heard Williams went in at QB? How did he look? Not enough playing time to get a good look?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
razgriz737":atg3594w said:
I wasn't able to see any of the second half but I heard Williams went in at QB? How did he look? Not enough playing time to get a good look?
What little he was in he looked good. Definitely more natural at QB than either Miles or Lindquist.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Great game UW! Unfortunately you all showed up for Royce Freeman's breakout game.

kearly

Reaction score
CPHawk":1sahqflx said:
Great game UW! Unfortunately you all showed up for Royce Freeman's breakout game.

Freeman's a nice player, but the Huskies were abysmal at tackling this game. Tackling RBs, WRs, QBs, everything. Freeman is a hefty back without wheels, but he actually juked a Husky out of his shoes with hardly any move at all because that's how bad the Huskies were at tackling.

Mariota got away with at least 3 passes that should have been picked. Like Kaepernick, he trusts his arm too much. Oddly enough, I still gained respect for Mariota this game despite him being lucky, he showed a little bit of RW type magic on a few of those early scoring drives. Seems like a no-doubter #1 overall pick right now unless the wheels come completely off.

Really impressed by Oregon's corners. Lots of pass breakups in this game that had a high degree of difficulty.

CPHawk":1sahqflx said:
Ross is a great college player, but he's honestly about 5'8 160lbs, he's not a Pete type WR.

Perhaps. Then again, Harvin is around that size, and so is Brandin Cooks, who was a player the Hawks allegedly coveted in the draft. When Pete first came here he hung onto Deon Butler for a surprisingly long time, and Butler sucked. Ross is listed at 5'11", not 5'8", though it's probably fair to compare him to those three size wise.

Ross isn't getting the hype that Cooks got because his QB isn't throwing 45 TD passes. If he slides into the 4th round the year he comes out I wouldn't be surprised if PC/JS gave him a shot.

kearly

Reaction score
Boy, the Huskies shit the bed in this one. Granted, they would have needed to play a perfect game to win, and played a stellar game to hang tough.

But this time around I think the lopsided score said less about the talent level of the teams and more about how mistakes can add up. There were several dropped interceptions to go with the dropped catches on offense. They absolutely couldn't tackle anyone which turned should-have-been 3rd and long plays into 3rd and short plays that Oregon pretty much always converted.

The weird thing about this game was that UW sacked Mariota plenty, and when an Oregon RB had a nice run that didn't involve blown tackles there was usually yellow laundry on the field. And yet Oregon still scored 45, because that's how damn good they were on 3rd and 4th downs. Mariota deserves a ton of credit for playing well, but there were a lot of close moments in those drives that made it feel like a high wire act.

On offense, UW ran reasonably well and had several long drives. Cyler Miles is limited as heck, but he was actually pretty effective in this game before his injury. And his replacement was even more effective still.

Obviously, Oregon is still the better team. However, this game left me feeling oddly proud of UW. Had they not shot themselves in the foot so many damn times, this would have actually been a game, in Oregon's own stadium. I would have never thought that possible with our current QB situation, and I have to give Petersen props for that.

Should be really interesting to see the post Mariota Ducks at Husky Stadium next year. UW is going to lose a few stars in their front seven, but if they find themselves a dependable, non-limited QB, that would easily make up for it and then some.

CPHawk

Reaction score
UO loses 4 starters on O vs 7 on UW side, and on D UO will lose 3 starters vs what I suspect will be 7 for UW. But yeah, next year will be diffrent. UO also gets back our top OL in Tyler Johnstone, and top WR in Braylon Addison.

Kearly I respect most of what you have to say, but when it comes to UO and UW you are usually way off, and you are again. Freeman is 5'11 230lbs, did UW miss some tackles, yes, but the kid is a bull in a china shop, he's going to break tackles. Marcus should have been picked once, maybe twice, and he was sacked once in the first half and twice late in the game, but that happens to most QBs. There is a reason lbs and DBs play d, they don't have great hands. To make it sound like anything ther than a butt kicking, is just grasping at straws.

When UO was playing their D, it was 28-6 and UW had 125yds vs 388 for UO. In the second half UO went to its stupid prevent, it's become a terrible reality for UO fans. Pellum is so concerned about not giving up big plays, he's happy to give up 5-10yds. He loves to make avg QBs look all world.

Btw Harvin is 5'10 190, Ross is not even close. He's smaller than DAT, who you all put down for his size.

cesame

Reaction score
Game felt like a step back for Washington in what is now 11 straight wins for the Ducks.

Last year was a really competitive game. Washington played tough and fought hard all the way to the 4th Q.

The Ducks toyed with the Huskies yesterday. All week we heard how arguably the best front 7 in the PAC 12 would give the Ducks fits, but the Ducks made that front 7 look non-existent. Run, pass....it didn't matter. Probably a little disheartening if you're a Huskies fan.

Tical21

Reaction score
I just want to say I hate you all. The next O I see on the rear windshield of a car driving on I-5 through Seattle is getting a rock through it.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tical21":23d1f6wi said:
I just want to say I hate you all. The next O I see on the rear windshield of a car driving on I-5 through Seattle is getting a rock through it.

I'd say this photo pretty much sums up the last eleven years, and the next 3 years for these two true freshman, perfectly.

Image zps50aa8e29

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
As entertaining as it is to see the Huskies suck against actual competition, I hope they find a way to beat ASU this weekend. USC needs the helping hand after playing the worst Hail Mary defense in the history of modern day football.

CPHawk

Reaction score
One last stat on Royce, 40% of his yards this year are after contact. Not bad a for a RB "with no wheels", who's on his way to a 1300-1400 yard season and 22 td's as a true Fr. Fwiw he runs a faster 40 than Ka'deem Karey ran, and I'd bet by the time he's draft eligible he runs in the 4.5s.