It's Happened - Wilson Traded

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2gl7j8kv said:
LOL at all the people who think this team is just a draft or two and a game manager QB away from competing.

You're in for a rude awakening if the past 9 seasons have been a disappointment for you and you think it's about to get better.

Enjoy the complete and utter mediocrity.

They weren't sniffing anything with Russell Wilson either. 4th best roster in the division. They needed to start freeing up cash and getting picks.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Russ Wilson was not 100% focused on the Seahawks the past two years. He had a case of wondering eyes.....enhanced by his wife.

Rat

Reaction score
Another thing we should consider, with the Rodgers deal and Stafford about to break the bank, there's no way Russ is not going to be eyeing a new contract in the very near future. Dont be shocked if he holds out after next season if the Broncos dont commit more guaranteed money by then.

I think Russ will do fine in Denver, but I bet his late 30s is more Ben Roethlisberger than Aaron Rodgers. I wouldnt want to be on the hook for his next deal.

xray

Reaction score
As one of the very few that said Wilson was gone months ago.. I won't say " I told ya so " just did , sorry . Seriously speaking ; I think that the Hawks raped Denver and sold her clothes . My concern is how badly , PC & JS phuk up the draft picks they have . IMO

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Rat":20lrs264 said:
Another thing we should consider, with the Rodgers deal and Stafford about to break the bank, there's no way Russ is not going to be eyeing a new contract in the very near future. Dont be shocked if he holds out after next season if the Broncos dont commit more guaranteed money by then.

I think Russ will do fine in Denver, but I bet his late 30s is more Ben Roethlisberger than Aaron Rodgers.

I can't imagine the Broncos would trade for a dude who's up for a new deal next off-season without considering all of those factors.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
jeremiah":1hg0g90q said:
FattyKnuckle":1hg0g90q said:
nanomoz":1hg0g90q said:
John63":1hg0g90q said:
What in the last 8 years says they will use them right.

Jordan Brooks and D.K. were certainly hits. Though, I still wish they'd drafted Jonathan Taylor instead of Brooks.

Passing over Creed for Eskridge or Penny over Chubb pretty well invalidates a lot of their hits. Those two wasted picks would've given PC and RW the players to run Pete's O very effectively. I'm fully prepared for the 5th round pick to be the best player of this haul.

Marshawn Penny is a superstar, he is much better than Chubb and has less miles on him.

"Fewer" - Stannis Baratheon

Nice to be able to throw in a GoT reference after the previous comment that this was like the final season of the once great, now a joke of a show.

Not sure how serious you meant your comment to be but I am not opposed to re-signing Penny at a good rate if he can run like he did recently. I just don't know if we can count on that after 4 seasons of sporadic flash. I also think the OL played the best it has in years down the stretch as far as run blocking. Penny was getting canyons to slice through, doing his best Alexander impression, like he was greased up with butter sliding through there. I don't think we should spend too much money based on the stats of about 1/8th of his stay here.

massari

Reaction score
Poor Russ, I just looked at the PFF OL rankings for the 2021 season, and the Broncos are in the same tier as the Bengals and Seahawks.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smellyman":3qmfgu0b said:
Hawknballs":3qmfgu0b said:
LOL at all the people who think this team is just a draft or two and a game manager QB away from competing.

You're in for a rude awakening if the past 9 seasons have been a disappointment for you and you think it's about to get better.

They weren't sniffing anything with Russell Wilson either. 4th best roster in the division. They needed to start freeing up cash and getting picks.

Exactly.

Not sure why some think holding on to a declining Russ for 2 more years was somehow better in regards to getting back to the Super Bowl some day.

This at least gives us hope, something to get excited about in the future.

There was no future with an aging Wilson.

CPHawk

Reaction score
What can Lock fetch? A 5th? Bet he is traded on draft day.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3i1b4dg3 said:
Smellyman":3i1b4dg3 said:
Hawknballs":3i1b4dg3 said:

Exactly.

Not sure why some think holding on to a declining Russ for 2 more years was somehow better in regards to getting back to the Super Bowl some day.

A "declining" Russ. LOL. Dude broke his finger and missed a bunch of games, still threw 25 TD to only 6 picks and a 103 qb rating but yeah obviously nothing is left in the tank a year removed from throwing 40 TDs :roll:

Russ gave this team a chance. If they could actually field an O line and a pass rush. But they haven't done that.

Now they need to find both of those things AND a franchise QB.

Until they get the QB, this team isn't going anywhere.

People seem to have this mentality that this is going to suck for a year while we rebuild. . . .

Hate to break it to you but it's going to suck until we find a QB and that could take decades. Ask the browns who might still be looking for answers.

xray

Reaction score
In the early days; I hated Denvers guts ; and Elway in particular . Now with ' Mr. Unlimited ' in Denver , I can rekindle that feeling again .
Just wondering ...are there any pass rushers in the AFC west ?

nutluck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":m8bcrzr1 said:
HawkRiderFan":m8bcrzr1 said:
After initially reading "major haul" coming to the Hawks I am underwhelmed with the final package.

It's a legitimate haul, that's a lot of picks and two very good players.

That's not the worry. The worry is do we now trust Pete and John to rebuild a SB contender with the picks and players?

This is the part that I worry about.

Same if I trusted the FO to use the draft picks well I would be ok with the trade, but I just don't trust them to draft well and rebuild.

Elemas

Reaction score
Hawknight":1qf3jkho said:
Well, if we are blowing up the team. Just imagine how many picks we can get for Lockett, Metcalf, and who else? I mean yes, there will be dead money from the trades, but does it matter much with a rebuild in progress? I hate to say it but I think Bobby will be gone too.Thoughts?

Bingo. This is the way. Dead money doesn’t matter. Even if we brought in competitive players, PC isn’t beating McVay anytime soon.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawknballs":144bxrvn said:
Hawkpower":144bxrvn said:
Smellyman":144bxrvn said:
Hawknballs":144bxrvn said:

Exactly.

A "declining" Russ. LOL. Dude broke his finger and missed a bunch of games, still threw 25 TD to only 6 picks and a 103 qb rating but yeah obviously nothing is left in the tank a year removed from throwing 40 TDs :roll:

Russ gave this team a chance. If they could actually field an O line and a pass rush. But they haven't done that.

People seem to have this mentality that this is going to suck for a year while we rebuild. . . .

Hate to break it to you but it's going to suck until we find a QB and that could take decades. Ask the browns who might still be looking for answers.

Its not up for debate. Wilson's play has declined.

He still can play,, but hes not who he was.

So yes, my use of the word "declining" was appropriate.

you ok with the hawks paying him close to 50per in two years? Cmon man.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawknballs":22bgf576 said:
Rat":22bgf576 said:

I think Russ will do fine in Denver, but I bet his late 30s is more Ben Roethlisberger than Aaron Rodgers.

I can't imagine the Broncos would trade for a dude who's up for a new deal next off-season without considering all of those factors.

I'm sure they did consider it, but now it's going to be a reality. Either give Russ a massive new contract that is likely going to be in the 50mil+ per year range, or you just gave up 5 picks and 3 players for a 2 year rental.

And even with Russ, the Broncos still aren't the best team in their division, and might not even be a top 5 team in the AFC. It's entirely possible they don't even make the playoffs next season. The AFC, and the AFC West, is absolutely loaded.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Own The West":1tb8t42e said:
"Schefter reports that the Seahawks will receive QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DL Shelby Harris, the ninth and 40th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, Denver’s first in 2023, a second-rounder in 2023, and a 2022 fifth-rounder in return for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-rounder."

Shelby Harris can play 3t. He had 6 sacks last year. Might be the player we've been looking for since MikeB left.

[youtube]ouRA4MA2r9w[/youtube]

Noah Fant made the 2019 All Rookie team and is only 24.

This year we'll get picks:
1(9)
2(40)
5(145)

Assuming Denver makes the playoffs and exits in the first round, 2023:
1(23-ish)
2(55-ish)

It's not a stretch to say we'll be able to add a Von Miller or Chandler Jones and have a top 5 defense next year. And that's before we add a Sauce Gardner or Devin Lloyd through the draft.

We will not know how much of our success this past decade was Pete and how much was Russ for a couple years, but Garoppolo, Newton, and Tannehill all made the playoffs this year. Jimmy made it to the NFCCG. We're not out of anything -- especially in March...

The mantra of this program is, "Always Compete". I don't see us rebuilding, just reloading.

Thanks for the breakdown of the picks and years those picks are. :2thumbs:
I hadn’t seen that anywhere.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2g6f1z5n said:
Hawknballs":2g6f1z5n said:
Hawkpower":2g6f1z5n said:
Smellyman":2g6f1z5n said:

Exactly.

Its not up for debate. Wilson's play has declined.

He still can play,, but hes not who he was.

So yes, my use of the word "declining" was appropriate.

you ok with the hawks paying him close to 50per in two years? Cmon man.

It is up for debate. his most recent two seasons he's accounted for 7,500 yards 69 touchdowns and just 19 picks.

Even in a year where he broke his finger in a freak accident on the field he threw 25 tds and only 6 picks.

Is his 'decline' some kind of "eye test"?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If you're not putting up Mahomes numbers you're declining I guess.