It's Happened - Wilson Traded

QWERTY

Reaction score
hugecanoli":3eemrblg said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/1501278924352802818[/tweet]

Lockett's dead money is huge though.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Wilson just went to a division where he will only be the 3rd best QB in the Div. Maybe even 4th depending on what Carr shows up.

AgentDib

Reaction score
kidhawk":193be0ol said:
Salary cap question....

Without looking, I assumed we'd be saving money even though we'd have to take a hit for dead money. I just looked it up, and if I am reading it correctly, he's currently looking at a $24 million cap number with salary and bonus for Denver and a $26 million dead money hit on our cap. So after figuring dead money we would have added in to his contract money we are saving $11 million in cap space, but Denver is actually taking a smaller hit at $24 million to have him on their team, then we are taking to trade him away.

Is this correct?
It's correct, which is why this only makes sense if we are actually rebuilding. We need to bring in a lot of youth and clear dead cap this season, then we can get back to always compete in 2023.

djb28

Reaction score
"We have no intentions of trading Russ"

F - YOU LIAR.

kidhawk

Reaction score
QWERTY":1f3a2z2n said:
hugecanoli":1f3a2z2n said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/1501278924352802818[/tweet]

Lockett's dead money is huge though.

$31 million in dead money and we'd actually have a cap deficit of $21 million if we were to trade him away right now. That would be a foolish move at this time.

Rat

Reaction score
The lesson here is executives, coaches, and players are occasionally less than truthful.

Also: a rumor isn't made up simply because you dont Iike it.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Steve Hawk":3ewkkqu1 said:
Noat Fant
22-2.2 mil
23- 5th year option 6.8 mil
24-UFA
And likely in 2023 due to the 5th year option we'll be able to extend him to a long-term team friendly deal.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
CPHawk":19lv24i9 said:
Wilson just went to a division where he will only be the 3rd best QB in the Div. Maybe even 4th depending on what Carr shows up.

that was arguably the case here in the NFC west as well

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
nanomoz":2t6ao2r5 said:
John63":2t6ao2r5 said:
WmHBonney":2t6ao2r5 said:
Drew Lock, Noah Fant and Shelby Harris.
Two firsts, two seconds and a fifth.

We gave them Russ and a fourth.
IF PC & JS can use these picks wisely, we will be OK.

What in the last 8 years says they will use them right.

Jordan Brooks and D.K. were certainly hits. Though, I still wish they'd drafted Jonathan Taylor instead of Brooks.

Passing over Creed for Eskridge or Penny over Chubb pretty well invalidates a lot of their hits. Those two wasted picks would've given PC and RW the players to run Pete's O very effectively. I'm fully prepared for the 5th round pick to be the best player of this haul.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":1s84li54 said:
nanomoz":1s84li54 said:
John63":1s84li54 said:
WmHBonney":1s84li54 said:
Drew Lock, Noah Fant and Shelby Harris.
Two firsts, two seconds and a fifth.

We gave them Russ and a fourth.
IF PC & JS can use these picks wisely, we will be OK.

What in the last 8 years says they will use them right.

Jordan Brooks and D.K. were certainly hits. Though, I still wish they'd drafted Jonathan Taylor instead of Brooks.

Passing over Creed for Eskridge or Penny over Chubb pretty well invalidates a lot of their hits. Those two wasted picks would've given PC and RW the players to run Pete's O very effectively. I'm fully prepared for the 5th round pick to be the best player of this haul.

Penny over Chubb may turn out to be a hit when its all said and done, although we are a ways off from that conclusion lol

flv

Reaction score
kidhawk":2olimno7 said:
Salary cap question....

Without looking, I assumed we'd be saving money even though we'd have to take a hit for dead money. I just looked it up, and if I am reading it correctly, he's currently looking at a $24 million cap number with salary and bonus for Denver and a $26 million dead money hit on our cap. So after figuring dead money we would have added in to his contract money we are saving $11 million in cap space, but Denver is actually taking a smaller hit at $24 million to have him on their team, then we are taking to trade him away.

Is this correct?
There was $13M of dead money that had to be accounted for this season anyway. Wilson's $24M salary for 2022 is going to the Broncos. The Seahawks save that $24M. However, there is $13M of dead money that was going to be accounted for in 2023 that will now be accounted for in 2022. The Seahawks are still $24M better off but effectively it's $11M this year and $13M in 2023.

On the flip side Harris is going to account for $8M of that money this year. Fant is cheap on paper but I wouldn't bet on his being willing to play on his current contract terms. Lock is nothing more than competition for Smith. 1 of them will make the roster, the other 1 won't.

NJlargent

Reaction score
So we kept Pete Carroll and traded Wilson. Welcome to irrelevancy! Last place next year is locked up!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Look on the bright side, the seasons are longer now so our suffering will be greater and our losses will be even higher while we flounder about looking for a QB for the next 10 years while the fan base boos Drew Lock and attendance dwindles.

Maybe I'm negative nelly but this Franchise just took a huge gamble on Wilson not being as good as his career numbers indicate.

I can only speculate that behind closed doors, his unhappiness was on full display.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NJlargent":2ld0rb73 said:
So we kept Pete Carroll and traded Wilson. Welcome to irrelevancy! Last place next year is locked up!

We had to trade Russ either way.

This has nothing to do with Pete

Rat

Reaction score
John63":t6vrkh30 said:
So we get

Lock a horrible QB
2 no name players
2 1sts
2 2nds
And a 5th

Hmm well I will root for Hawks as always, but welcome to loosing for the next 3+ years.

Fyi the trade is pending Wilson's approval. He had nothing to do with this. This is all PC.

Enjoy your new team.

5thgen

Reaction score
Yay! Good riddance. Wilson was hindering our offense. His prime years are over and is in a steady decline. Watch Denver come in last next season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawknballs":ijsycjrv said:
Look on the bright side, the seasons are longer now so our suffering will be greater and our losses will be even higher while we flounder about looking for a QB for the next 10 years while the fan base boos Drew Lock and attendance dwindles.

Maybe I'm negative nelly but this Franchise just took a huge gamble on Wilson not being as good as his career numbers indicate.

I can only speculate that behind closed doors, his unhappiness was on full display.

why would we boo the 3rd string QB?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":186vtblo said:
John63":186vtblo said:
So we get

Lock a horrible QB
2 no name players
2 1sts
2 2nds
And a 5th

Hmm well I will root for Hawks as always, but welcome to loosing for the next 3+ years.

Fyi the trade is pending Wilson's approval. He had nothing to do with this. This is all PC.

Enjoy your new team.

someone should warn the Broncos forum about who's about to invade their space.....

Good luck to you John

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawkpower":6qpgz92i said:
Hawknballs":6qpgz92i said:

why would we boo the 3rd string QB?

Who's QB1 and QB2?

Please spare me the Gardner Minshew nonsense.

Latest posts