It's Happened - Wilson Traded

Ambrose83

Reaction score
zchurch74":rgw5zryi said:
Before we say there is no one out there, No one was excited when Russ won the job. Lock isn’t the answer. This trade isn’t done. We can always trade for other players with our acquired picks. Remember, the Ravens won a SB with Dilfer…

And it snowed in San Diego once too.... Outliers are just that...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
IMHO Russ should have commanded at least 3 first rounders.

Fant is the only relevant player.

So basically you got fant, 2 firsts, and a stop-gap placeholder QB to play tarvaris jackson for a year or two.

Jamal Adams
Fourth

For:

First
First
Third
Player - Bradley McDougald

Russell Wilson
Fourth

First
First
Second
Second
Fifth
Player - Shelby
Player - Lock
Player - Fant

Remove some things that are fairly equal - IMHO Lock is a placeholder and Shelby's talent could have been picked up in FA. So these two pieces mean pretty much zilch to me.

Fant is a good player.

A fifth may or may not be all that more valuable than a fourth depending on position.

Basically you're saying that two second-round picks and noah fant are the difference between an underperforming safety and a starting franchise QB that instantly makes a team a SB contender.

This FO is bungling stuff all over the place. Such a promising start for such a pathetic ending.

John63

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3gt89w9k said:
Drew Lock, Noah Fant and Shelby Harris.
Two firsts, two seconds and a fifth.

We gave them Russ and a fourth.
IF PC & JS can use these picks wisely, we will be OK.

What in the last 8 years says they will use them right.

kidhawk

Reaction score
First off, I have to wish Thank RW for a decade of performance here in Seattle. He gave this team hope every time he stepped out on the field. He's also the first quarterback we've had that when he threw up a deep ball my first instinct wasn't "uh-oh". He will definitely missed and not easily replaced.

I also believe we could have held out for more for him. The league year doesn't even start for another week plus.

On the plus side, with his salary leaving, we will be able to pay for more talent on the rest of the team.

Without knowing the plan at quarterback right now, I won't say it's going to be a rough year in 2022, but until they can show me a quarterback who can at least be shown to be a winner on the NFL field, it's hard to imagine this team being super bowl bound this season.

The RW era is (almost) officially over, but won't soon be forgotten. This was one of the most entertaining times in Seahawks history and for this fan, it's been a helluva ride.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So here's a summary of the trade as proposed:

From Denver:
2 1sts = 9th this year and ?? in 2023
2 2nds= Denver has picks 40 and 64 in the year's draft.
1 5th = in 2023
QB- Drew Lock
DL- Shelby Harris
TE- Noah Fant

For:
QB Russell Wilson
1 4th presumably in this year's draft

Hawknballs

Reaction score
John63":3otxk8ym said:
WmHBonney":3otxk8ym said:

And also where would we be if we still had Russell Wilson but no Jamal Adams?

Probably able to afford Wilson, with about as many draft picks.

This FO Screwed the pooch on Adams and now we get to pay the price - no more franchise QB.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Word is Houston wants 3 1sts a roster player and later pics for Watson and isn't budging and we gave up Russ with no sexual assault baggage for less

QuahHawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":1l06w7f4 said:
Before we say there is no one out there, No one was excited when Russ won the job. Lock isn’t the answer. This trade isn’t done. We can always trade for other players with our acquired picks. Remember, the Ravens won a SB with Dilfer…

And Flacco

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3gysyrsj said:
This organization is just insufferable. Get rid of the top 5 QB, but keep the 70 year old fossil to rebuild. The FO will screw up any decent draft picks so get used to being cellar dwellers for the next 10 years.

The 90's all over again.

I've wanted Pete gone for two years now, so I get this sentiment.

But the bottom line for me after seeing Rodgers just sign for 50M is I'm not willing to hand Russell 50M+ for another 4-5 years with our without Pete and John here.

I see a diminished QB who relies on his quickness and escapability, who is only getting slower and now becoming injured.

Bottom line? Both choices carry risk. Now we get to see if John and Pete can rebuild another SB contender off off a great defense and run game.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Jeremy517":kwwmnezc said:
nanomoz":kwwmnezc said:
I'd rather have Fant than a third first rounder.

Keep in mind that you'll have to pay Fant $15 million per year after this year.

Cap space isn't a problem.

He's a sure thing. And like 7 months younger than Dee Eskridge.

John63

Reaction score
Things hilarious Wilson goes to Denver who had a top 5 defense, a run game as good as ours. And a better oline. And we get lock and few picks the FO has not shown they can do much with. Denver got the better of this trade easily. If it happens.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
QuahHawk":lo2ndupr said:
zchurch74":lo2ndupr said:

And Flacco

The ravens also played in a division with the bengals and the browns. Drew Lock gets to play the 49ers, Rams, and Cardinals every year. Good luck!

Seymour

Reaction score
WmHBonney":29myuo3o said:

Given the drafting over the last 5 or so years, WE ARE SCREWED!!

nanomoz

Reaction score
John63":noha9wax said:
WmHBonney":noha9wax said:

Jordan Brooks and D.K. were certainly hits. Though, I still wish they'd drafted Jonathan Taylor instead of Brooks.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Hawknballs":o9waacaj said:
IMHO Russ should have commanded at least 3 first rounders.

Fant is the only relevant player.

So basically you got fant, 2 firsts, and a stop-gap placeholder QB to play tarvaris jackson for a year or two.

Jamal Adams
Fourth

For:

First
First
Third
Player - Bradley McDougald

Russell Wilson
Fourth

First
First
Second
Second
Fifth
Player - Shelby
Player - Lock
Player - Fant

Remove some things that are fairly equal - IMHO Lock is a placeholder and Shelby's talent could have been picked up in FA. So these two pieces mean pretty much zilch to me.

Fant is a good player.

A fifth may or may not be all that more valuable than a fourth depending on position.

Basically you're saying that two second-round picks and noah fant are the difference between an underperforming safety and a starting franchise QB that instantly makes a team a SB contender.

This FO is bungling stuff all over the place. Such a promising start for such a pathetic ending.

I think we got screwed with the players received...IMHO....we should have at least got another 1st rounder....but having mixed feeling nonetheless....anyone know what our salary cap is now?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Absolutely idiotic. Who's going to throw to Fant? Drew Lock sucks.

Teams go nowhere WITHOUT a FRANCHISE QB!!

The RAMS PROVED that! Elite roster, Elite Coach, Jared Goff...nowhere....

We have NOTHING.

And Russell has zero integrity. He's put his Brand and his personal success ahead of his teammates and fans. A team that gave him everything, and he crapped on us.

I hope Denver bombs.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2a72lzln said:
Word is Houston wants 3 1sts a roster player and later pics for Watson and isn't budging and we gave up Russ with no sexual assault baggage for less

Let us know when Houston actually trades Watson, not whatever insane price they're asking for a player that still might not even play for another year or two.

Ain't no one trading three first rounders for a QB who's still embroiled in legal troubles.

Latest posts