It was fun while it lasted guys

kearly

Reaction score
I think Seattle is still a pretty good team, but now with some exploitable weaknesses. It also just seems like a snakebit year. Seattle could very easily be 7-2 or 6-3 right now but it's just not their year. 2015 is the anti-2013.

Btw these kinds of head-scratching seasons happen all around the league all the time. Look at Baltimore, Detroit, Philly, or San Diego. Pretty much every year you have good teams with top 20 QBs that have disappointing and weird seasons, and then they often bounce back the next year.

Going 13-3 next season wouldn't shock me in the slightest. I think even most of the doom and gloomers right now will probably be predicting 11+ wins next August.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2tck5mpb said:
New England had some bad years mixed in with Championships or Super Bowl appearances.

If we can identify the problems and get them fixed we'll be right back in the mix.

Not really. Even the year they missed the playoffs they were 11-5 (since their first SB win)

kearly

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":20nk9ia9 said:
HawkNuts":20nk9ia9 said:
New England had some bad years mixed in with Championships or Super Bowl appearances.

If we can identify the problems and get them fixed we'll be right back in the mix.

Not really. Even the year they missed the playoffs they were 11-5 (since their first SB win)

A healthy Brady went 9-7 after getting his first ring on a pretty loaded team. Weird seasons happen to everybody.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1xxm66ov said:
IMO it is an easy re-tool, if we do it right. Unlike some teams where they have so many deficiencies, ours are pretty obvious. Address the offensive line. Find a corner who can play opposite of Sherman, and find capable NFL WR's.

I mostly agree with this the problem is this FO has been horrible in WR and O-line talent evaluation with a few exceptions so it's hard to be optimistic that they will get it right next years draft. I don't see Lockett as the answer just another second tier WR at best . They need to get bigger and more athletic at that position even then Wilson is never going to produce like an Elite QB in the pocket and they have abandoned the read option, Wilson's best attribute , for the most part this year. Trying to make him a pocket passer without a healthy does of the read option is not going to work.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree totally, it ain't over. To date this has been a tough year with now quite a few tough losses, especially the two defeats at home.

This team seems stuck in funk this season and something significant needs to change for them to snap out of it. they have a lot of talent on the roster but are being beaten repeatedly lately with very similar exploitable weaknesses. Until the team as a group finds a basis for a change what we see is what we'll get.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":2p3imnhq said:
seahawkfreak":2p3imnhq said:
HawkNuts":2p3imnhq said:

A healthy Brady went 9-7 after getting his first ring on a pretty loaded team. Weird seasons happen to everybody.

Wilson doesn't have the chops Brady does not even close there's no comparison there at all.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":nf3rgccd said:
HawkNuts":nf3rgccd said:

Depends on what you consider a bad year.

Bad years for New England.

2002..........9-7
2005..........10-6
2009..........10-6

We could argue all day about the strength of the AFC East over that span. I would argue that it has not been very good. With the exception of a few good years from the JETS.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1bhsb3xg said:
kearly":1bhsb3xg said:
seahawkfreak":1bhsb3xg said:
HawkNuts":1bhsb3xg said:

Wilson doesn't have the chops Brady does not even close there's no comparison there at all.

There is a comparison when you compare a young Tom Brady with a great defense and a young Russell Wilson with a great defense.

Completely different kinds of QB's but in the NFL you are going to have down years.

Laloosh

Reaction score
HawkNuts":np176ypt said:
Northwest Seahawk":np176ypt said:
kearly":np176ypt said:

There is a comparison when you compare a young Tom Brady with a great defense and a young Russell Wilson with a great defense.

Completely different kinds of QB's but in the NFL you are going to have down years.

Just to illustrate:
G0P3OHA

Exittium

Reaction score
Cut belicheat is great shit already. He wasnt shit with the browns or Jets when he was a headcoach. Once he got the Pats and started cheatin, he became revelant. And since then there hasnt been shit to prove has hasnt been. Just I myself find it funny that alll offseason they have this "blackeye" and all of a sudden whole different team and they're undefeated. Color me unimpressed and i find it fishy as shit. And do swear he's behind it in a cheating fashion. Its all to damn coincidental for my taste damnit.