Is Sherm coming back to Seattle?

Jville

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2oa0ut4q said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2oa0ut4q said:
toffee":2oa0ut4q said:
Tre's first season wasn't so bad, but somehow he went down hill from there. A matter of confidence or skill?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Really? Because the last time I checked Davantae Adams had a field day with him. You would be foolish to trust the secondary hopes and dreams to this current secondary.

As it turns out, Davante Adams does that to most (pretty much all) cornerbacks, as he's a top-5 receiver in the league.

.................... thus making Davante Adams one of the better teachers in the league. He also has a big experience edge over most of his students. There is a collection of excellent teaching film on him from which to learn and adapt.

Returning to the topic of Richard Sherman, I wouldn't expect to see him return to the league until sometime in September after week 1 or later. Gives him a stage to reenter as a super hero to save someones season ............ that is if he decides to play this season. He's been an entertaining show with his own unique style. Riding to someones rescue would be a fitting Richard Sherman style finale to his career. Although, that may be a tall order at this stage of his career. We've seen many a former star play a year to long.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
toffee":of0yxhlt said:
what we think has no bearing on John and Pete's decision. Heck, unless Russ signs off, Sherm ain't coming back.
I could see them wanting his approval. Last time they were teammates sherm and the boys were making fun of how bad Wilson is. For some reason they blamed Russ for the pick inThe SB. There was a interview where Sherman said they were talking shut in practice towards Russ. Or maybe the interview was with someone else. I forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sherm coming back MIGHT be a feel good story, but at this point in his career and this point in Pete and John trying to turn over the DB roster and develop?

Not so sure Richard's a good fit anymore, and I assume the reason he hasn't signed anywhere is because he has a high asking price. Like KJ they've set their value and aren't going to budge.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
i could definitely see him coming back. probably even start for the beginning of the season. hey you never know. players have in the past revitalized their careers. you never know

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Way I see this is that this is sort of like a KJ situation. Both these cats have high numbers that Seattle isn't going to match, but probably would at the $3M-$4M APY range.

Which really isn't that great; when it came down to Marshawn's comeback deal, I read that he made about $68K.

Guys like these are just biding their time to see who bites mid-season, I reckon. Teams can get Dunlap-desperate in a hurry, all 32 of them. But still, it won't be like north of 10M. Writing's kind of on the wall that these guys aren't getting what they used to even if they do continue to perform like KJ.

xray

Reaction score
A 1 year deal on the cheap , and adding much experience to the CB room could't hurt . He was a big part of the best D the Hawks ever had resulting in the lone SB win . Sign him and let him retire a Seahawk .

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
xray":24eq3n7y said:
A 1 year deal on the cheap , and adding much experience to the CB room could't hurt . He was a big part of the best D the Hawks ever had resulting in the lone SB win . Sign him and let him retire a Seahawk .

If he'll take it.

It makes total sense for the Hawks to offer one or both of these guys a $3m-$4m contract, but if their aim ultimately is to come in at multipliers of that, perhaps the goal is to come in later and have less punishment on the bod. IDK.

toffee

Reaction score
HawkinNY":b2v4ydik said:
toffee":b2v4ydik said:
what we think has no bearing on John and Pete's decision. Heck, unless Russ signs off, Sherm ain't coming back.
I could see them wanting his approval. Last time they were teammates sherm and the boys were making fun of how bad Wilson is. For some reason they blamed Russ for the pick inThe SB. There was a interview where Sherman said they were talking shut in practice towards Russ. Or maybe the interview was with someone else. I forget.

Don't think Wilson will allow Pete and John to sign Sherm. :irishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":1zpa8tcv said:
HawkinNY":1zpa8tcv said:
toffee":1zpa8tcv said:

I actually don’t think Russ would have a problem with it if it makes the team better, and Russ doesn’t have a say in it anyways. Besides I believe that “riff” was blown way out of proportion.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3pz1htu0 said:
toffee":3pz1htu0 said:
HawkinNY":3pz1htu0 said:
toffee":3pz1htu0 said:

I actually don’t think Russ would have a problem with it if it makes the team better, and Russ doesn’t have a say in it anyways. Besides I believe that “riff” was blown way out of proportion.
As far as “chain of command” goes literally, I believe you are correct.

In all actuality I think Russ (or any other top tier QB) goes, they have “say in it”. They may not be able to make the final decision but their input carries weight.

YMMV

xray

Reaction score
pmedic920":1hybourh said:
Sports Hernia":1hybourh said:
toffee":1hybourh said:
HawkinNY":1hybourh said:

As far as “chain of command” goes literally, I believe you are correct.

In all actuality I think Russ (or any other top tier QB) goes, they have “say in it”. They may not be able to make the final decision but their input carries weight.

YMMV

Wilson needs to focus on the offence only this season . This is his last season here if the Hawks don't go deep in post season . If he's got an issue with Sherman he should STFU . Or only say GO HAWKS !

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I don't think this is Russ. I really don't think that SI 2017 cover or any of the Russ/Sherm and sherm told me I fecking suck comes into this at all now. These are all NFL guys and they have dog years on their career or it's aging even faster than that.

I think it'll come down to Sherm's injury history. That was a factor in 2017, and it has become a factor now. IMO, if Sherm wants to continue to play, he should consider a $4m with incentives type deal. He kept his family house in Seattle. Owns a restaurant too. Kids are growing up there.

4M and incentives is more than enough for Seattle.

massari

Reaction score
Unlikely since they signed Witherspoon and Desir.

If two CBs are unable to step up in training camp and preseason, then Sherm should be an option.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":1plb22p8 said:

If Richard was willing to take a cheap one year deal, he would have signed with someone already.

Like KJ, Sherman's got a dollar number he thinks he's worth, thus why he hasn't signed. No one's willing to pay it.

He'll wait for camp to start when starting CB's get hurt and team's become desperate to sign a good veteran.

LTH

Reaction score
Sherm is worth any money they pay him (decent contract) just for his vet leadership and locker room presence...

Just my take...

LTH

Jville

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":33o8awuu said:
Here FieldGulls expounds on how Sherm to Seattle could be as problematic as Revis to KC. Revis had roughly the same amount of time in NFL and injury history like Sherm, and with KC he was done after a year. Retired afterward.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/7/7/225 ... nfl-season

We recently witnessed Mike Iupati and Greg Olsen play a year too long for the Seahawks. It's an avoidable mistake at cornerback.

LTH

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3uz34enm said:
Here FieldGulls expounds on how Sherm to Seattle could be as problematic as Revis to KC. Revis had roughly the same amount of time in NFL and injury history like Sherm, and with KC he was done after a year. Retired afterward.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/7/7/225 ... nfl-season

Not saying sherm should get more than a 1 year deal but he knows how it works in Seattle and he is a great locker room guy (when he is happy). I'm unsure at this point how the secondary is going to pan out but IMO its nice to have a vet who has been to the big dance twice, especially late in the season when are the marbles are on the table... I would not necessarily start him I'd save him and give him just enough playing time like in certain situations to keep him fresh... we will see cause Im sure at this point money is the issue could be roaster spots as well maybe they feel they have the talent we will find out soon enough

LTH

Mizak

Reaction score
Oh, he came back to Seattle all right.

Latest posts