Is It Time To Sit Wilson?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TwistedHusky":13h9v9yd said:
The only shot we have (if we have one still) is to rest Wilson, get him 100% and hope he can somehow Superman us up to winning some games in the playoffs.

But how do you heal if you are constantly getting slammed around, having people fall on you and having to run for your life on injured legs constantly?

AGREED 100%

redhawk253

Reaction score
Its time to fire bevell and trade for some o line help.. clearly the pee wee league o coordinator and o line arent working out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

redhawk253

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":31xvues0 said:
TwistedHusky":31xvues0 said:
EVERYTHING about Wilson's play says to sit him.

You honestly don't think Boykin could have scored more against the Cards?

How many TDs did Wilson get us today?

Wilson is playing worse than whoever is playing for the Browns.

You sit him not because the other guy is better, but because sitting him gets him healthy and a healthy Wilson is one of the better QBs in the league. But an injured Wilson is one of the worst QBs in the league.

Russell Wilson isn't the problem. His mobility has been a concern but the play calling and line are far ahead of that imo.
This.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
Man the doom and gloom in here is relentless.

Whether you sit him to heal up or not you are playing with house money. The NFC West is horrible so even choking off a game or two (with Russell sitting) will still have you guys in good position for the division win. Cards, 49ers, and Rams are trash.

Forget about catching Dallas at this point for home field. Yeah I guess that second seed is still possible barring a Minnesota/Atlanta collapse that's 50/50.

I don't know what your schedule is the next couple weeks but if you have two scrub teams lined up next on the schedule I'd sit him to heal up.

Your defense is good enough to keep you in the game and maybe your backup will do just enough offensively to get the wins. Then Wilson will be in better shape for the home stretch.

Wilson needs his legs. He can't play Brady statue style football.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
redhawk253":35mop1u2 said:
Its time to fire bevell and trade for some o line help.. clearly the pee wee league o coordinator and o line arent working out.

Disagree 100 percent. And we lead the division by 1.5 games, so I'd say things ARE working out.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Wilson is fine.. calling plays that take too long to develop behind a swiss cheese pee wee league line will never be successful when youre allowing the d line to tee off on one spot.

Russ can still roll out.. we can still call designed read options.. even if theyre only for a few yards (but i dont think his straight away mobility is gone.. just his spin right and quick cuts) but play calling is limiting both sides..

Bevell is calling the same offense he did the first half of last year... we have just gotten lucky to win a few games we should have lost so he has been able to get away with it.. theres only 2 games we shoulda won where we dominated like we were the 2nd half of last season and it happened after pete got into bevells donkey on the sideline.. they were calling aggressive on both sides of the ball..

Im tired of the weak ass soft prevent zone.. it doesnt work with the players we have currently.. kam lost steps each of the last couple seasons.. we need to stay in press man bump n run as it still lends to our strengths and trust earl to cover for any mistakes as he still has the speed.

On offense.. tired of seejng the constant runs called behind this line.. it cannot block even half as well as last seasons could.. while last season the line couldnt maintain blocks for pass protection it could atleast open up quick gaps and thats why where a slower beast failed.. rawls quick hits and cuts succeeded.. but we already saw how this line couldnt even open holes for rawls.

We just got dominated by one of the worst defenses in the league.. wilson hasnt been throwing bad.. his accuracy is fine.. hes got zip.. just not play calls.

When an offense can move down the field in the 2 min drill as easily as we do when the qb has a lil more freedom it tells you something.. the o coordinators scripted game plan is effin garbage.

Ill never understand why it is so hard for bevell to see that a couple play action roll outs for wilson early on keeps the d line in check and opens up the rest of the offense.

knownone

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15xcruxa said:
Grudge?

Wilson won us a SB.

But an injured Wilson sucks. SUCKS. And at least with Boykin playing we have a chance to get Wilson to rest and healthy (prefer TJack but we made that bed).

Because if Wilson does not heal? We have zero chance. He isn't good enough to win in spite of injury and our shoddy line isn't helping. The only shot we have (if we have one still) is to rest Wilson, get him 100% and hope he can somehow Superman us up to winning some games in the playoffs.

But how do you heal if you are constantly getting slammed around, having people fall on you and having to run for your life on injured legs constantly?
I've said this once, I'll say it again... You have no idea how close to 100% Wilson is, you have no idea how much rest or what type of rest Wilson needs to heal and to infer otherwise is delving into fantasy land. That is the logical fallacy in your statement, you don't have any information to support your argument, so you dance around in conjecture spouting rhetoric that proves only a surface level of understanding of how things actually work.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
redhawk253":3r16utfz said:
When an offense can move down the field in the 2 min drill as easily as we do when the qb has a lil more freedom it tells you something.. the o coordinators scripted game plan is effin garbage.

Ill never understand why it is so hard for bevell to see that a couple play action roll outs for wilson early on keeps the d line in check and opens up the rest of the offense.

:ditto:

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
Wilson has to run to be effective..avg 35 1st downs a year running with only 3 running 1st downs this year..he isn't a Brady as a passer. Seahawks could get by with bad olines because of Wilsons mobility

never did get Boykin as the #2 but he needs to play. ..if the rest will help Wilson..some injuries need an off season to heal..

no teams needs to trade for Joe Thomas or Staley more then the Seahawks...

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Yes let heal up and get right . The reason is this team is on the verge of a meltdown this year . Maybe they can turn it around this season but that O-line is horrible I don't like there chances of winning a playoff game this year if they can overcome this below average O-line and even make the playoffs. It doesn't look good right now.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can't believe people are actually calling for benching Wilson. I'm at a loss for words. I seriously hope apposing fan bases dont see this, they would have a field day. Wilson at 60% gives us a much better chance to win than Boykin right now unless by a miracle he's Dak Prescott and even then how would Dak do behind the leagues worst line? We are lucky to have Wilson right now.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":mnb5wgpu said:
I can't believe people are actually calling for benching Wilson. I'm at a loss for words. I seriously hope apposing fan bases done see this, they would have a field day. Wilson at 60% gives us a much better chance to win than Boykin right now unless by a miracle he's Dak Prescott and even then how would Dak do behind the leagues worst line? We are lucky to have Wilson right now.

No one's calling for Wilson to get benched jesus can you even read . We want him to sit until healthy as to not lose him for the year or blow out a knee and never be the same again, HUGE difference.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I was going to start this exact thread. That last play is totally on Wilson. He has to make a better throw. He has to throw that ball a second sooner. Call me a hater, but Wilson as not as good as people make him out to be. He missed a lot of throws yesterday. Don't give me the injury excuse either.

The way our offense is playing there is no way you can say Boykin would make it that much worse and at this time its worth at least a chance.

Russell made his living off of a great O-line and one of the best running backs in a generation. Now that Lynch is gone and we don't have an offense line, his true talent shows. Example, the guy we played yesterday. Brees has played with average running backs, average receivers, average O-lines, and he still excels as a QB. Brees is HOF, Wilson is an average QB on a team with a defense that has carried this team going on 5 years

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
What good would sitting him a game do? These injuries take multiple weeks to heal completely. If you're gonna do that you might as well play for a draft pick.

There is no reason not to play him if the Seahawks are trying to get to the playoffs.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Would you sit him for the super bowl?This team really thinks every game is a championship game.Is that rational?no but it's in their D.N.A. if it wasn't they would be somewhere else.Have faith in the PROCESS.Go Hawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sit Russ? Put down the crack pipe. Boykin at QB and this team loses a bunch of games.
That last play is as much on Kearse as anything. He should flat out know that a slant route is an easy touchdown.

zchurch74

Reaction score
That wasn't a slant route. That was a fade to Kearse. They overloaded the other side and left Kearse alone. Pulls the entire defense to the other side and exploits the 1vs1 with Kearse. Russ threw the ball too late and too far.

Its no different then the loss in the Superbowl. That pass is supposed to be a BACK shoulder pass. Not lead the receiver. If Russ throws that pass to the BACK shoulder, we win.

You have to understand the game of football not just watch it

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's on the Receiver to see the one on one. He CHOSE to go straight towards the back of the end zone. Both of them should know that a slant is the best option. Just because you want to blame Russ for it, doesn't mean that someone else doesn't know football. :roll:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":5bt183ye said:
austinslater25":5bt183ye said:
I can't believe people are actually calling for benching Wilson. I'm at a loss for words. I seriously hope apposing fan bases done see this, they would have a field day. Wilson at 60% gives us a much better chance to win than Boykin right now unless by a miracle he's Dak Prescott and even then how would Dak do behind the leagues worst line? We are lucky to have Wilson right now.

No one's calling for Wilson to get benched jesus can you even read . We want him to sit until healthy as to not lose him for the year or blow out a knee and never be the same again, HUGE difference.

People are claiming we are better off with Boykin. Ironically comprehension isn't in the cards for you apparently. Sitting Wilson is beyond stupid. Pete isn't going to concede the season especially with WIlson getting better weekly.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Has Wilson won a game for us this season? What's his TD-INT ratio? Is he 100% healthy? With our banged up O-line I trust Boykin to scramble and run the ball more then I do Wilson.

There is no way the offense is any worse with Boykin at QB. We should of scored at least 35 on the Saints.