Is It Time To Sit Wilson?

hawkfannj

Reaction score
knownone":5elrd5wc said:
hawkfannj":5elrd5wc said:
knownone":5elrd5wc said:
SlickRick":5elrd5wc said:
Its cleary obvious, That Russell Wilson when healthy is one of the best QB's in the game. Not the case here lately Wilson has a bum ankle & MCL sprain

Maybe its best for the team to let Wilson sit a week out to recover a little better or else I can see the Hawks finishing 8-7-1 real quick. Im a die hard seattle fan but losses like this sting
Nothing about Wilsons play says "You know, maybe it's time we start Boykin"... I get it Wilson is injured and the Hawks O is struggling, but Boykin isn't gonna get the job done behind this line, and if we want to make the play offs, you keep playing Wilson.
At least Boykin can actually run . RW flat out can't and keep playing him behind this Oline and more injuries will come because he just can't escape he can't that's the simple fact here. So leaving a QB that can't protect himself behind that garbage Walmart discount Line is not it helping at all just look at how long out D has been on the field . Since he got hurt that's all you really need to know . The guy needs to get healthy or this will get worse .
What have you seen in the NFL from Boykin that makes you think he can run? He's played what 2 possession? Do you think he can throw for 250 yards? and complete 65% of his passes? If so, why? What have you seen that makes you think this?

Sorry, the thought that benching Wilson will be a boon to the Hawks offense is ludicrous.

And what have you seen from a hurt Wilson that warrants him staying in there hurt. And nothing is going to be a boon for this offense . You are totally missing the whole point! A healthy Wilson great! a busted Wilson one of the worst! I know he is the messiah and it's not cool to say a very very hurt QB should sit especially him ! this is not a knock on him dude is flat out broke can't run laboring to get a first down at times I thought I was watching Steve berline trying to run out there . Nobody is saying the O is gonna get better just a very hurt Wilson is not that good actually below average. Boykin is our back up and he is healthy he should be in there until Wilson is back to 100% and yes I think Boykin legs right now at this moment today etc are better than his. In no way am I saying Boykin should be a starter just a care taker till RW is 100

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Its cleary obvious, That Russell Wilson when healthy is one of the best QB's in the game. Not the case here lately Wilson has a bum ankle & MCL sprain

Maybe its best for the team to let Wilson sit a week out to recover a little better or else I can see the Hawks finishing 8-7-1 real quick. Im a die hard seattle fan but losses like this sting[/quote]
Nothing about Wilsons play says "You know, maybe it's time we start Boykin"... I get it Wilson is injured and the Hawks O is struggling, but Boykin isn't gonna get the job done behind this line, and if we want to make the play offs, you keep playing Wilson.[/quote]
At least Boykin can actually run . RW flat out can't and keep playing him behind this Oline and more injuries will come because he just can't escape he can't that's the simple fact here. So leaving a QB that can't protect himself behind that garbage Walmart discount Line is not it helping at all just look at how long out D has been on the field . Since he got hurt that's all you really need to know . The guy needs to get healthy or this will get worse .[/quote][/quote]

So you want to put an extremely raw rookie behind a horrible o-line that is starting a LT who is not only a rookie but hadn't started a game since JUNIOR HS?! He better be able to run because his life would be in danger.
At least Russell can play from the pocket and read defenses in the 2.6 seconds he has to throw. If I'm not defensive coordinator and you put Boykin in behind this line, I'm salivating.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":x5mby49h said:
EVERYTHING about Wilson's play says to sit him.

You honestly don't think Boykin could have scored more against the Cards?

How many TDs did Wilson get us today?

Wilson is playing worse than whoever is playing for the Browns.

You sit him not because the other guy is better, but because sitting him gets him healthy and a healthy Wilson is one of the better QBs in the league. But an injured Wilson is one of the worst QBs in the league.

Boykin would have scored for Arizona LOL. Russell has done a good job protecting the ball if nothing else the interception today withstanding. What makes you think Boykin is ready to start?

sdog1981

Reaction score
The time to do it would have been week 2 aginst the pathic Rams. Its too late now.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Maybe its best for the team to let Wilson sit a week out to recover a little better or else I can see the Hawks finishing 8-7-1 real quick. Im a die hard seattle fan but losses like this sting[/quote]
Nothing about Wilsons play says "You know, maybe it's time we start Boykin"... I get it Wilson is injured and the Hawks O is struggling, but Boykin isn't gonna get the job done behind this line, and if we want to make the play offs, you keep playing Wilson.[/quote]
At least Boykin can actually run . RW flat out can't and keep playing him behind this Oline and more injuries will come because he just can't escape he can't that's the simple fact here. So leaving a QB that can't protect himself behind that garbage Walmart discount Line is not it helping at all just look at how long out D has been on the field . Since he got hurt that's all you really need to know . The guy needs to get healthy or this will get worse .[/quote]
And what have you seen from a hurt Wilson that warrants him staying in there hurt. And nothing is going to be a boon for this offense . You are totally missing the whole point! A healthy Wilson great! a busted Wilson one of the worst! I know he is the messiah and it's not cool to say a very very hurt QB should sit especially him ! this is not a knock on him dude is flat out broke can't run laboring to get a first down at times I thought I was watching Steve berline trying to run out there . Nobody is saying the O is gonna get better just a very hurt Wilson is not that good actually below average. Boykin is our back up and he is healthy he should be in there until Wilson is back to 100% and yes I think Boykin legs right now at this moment today etc are better than his. In no way am I saying Boykin should be a starter just a care taker till RW is 100[/quote]

Youre spot on hawkfannj

chris98251

Reaction score
Your seeing the type of Wilson you will see in 5 more years regardless, he will be older and slower, being able to adjust his game now is gonna be a bonus as he will learn to play faster mentally.

knownone

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1gg2cb6s said:
Dude,

0 TDs is sucking *ss.

250 yds is journeyman #s. Most rookies throw for over 200 their first games, even on "bad" games.

0 TDs and 1 INT is gutter #s.

Not sure what you consider sucking, but since the purpose of the offense is to march up the field and score and the real intent is to score TDs - the inability to score TDs is a big problem when either the QB is broken or has some weird Ciara Curse on him.
I can't take you seriously.

Every QB has a bad outing, but you don't hear New England fans clamoring to bench Brady, or Packers fans wanting to bench Rodgers when their guy has a 0 TD 1 INT game. Yet, in Seattle people wanna bench Russell for the most asinine of reasons. Even worse, you don't hear them bringing up Olivia Munn or Gisele and passing it off as a legitimate theory on why their offense is struggling... It borders on too drunk to drink bar conversation.

Look I get it, I'm sure there are plenty of rookie QBs who can play through three separate injuries and manage a pedestrian 95 QB rating with a line that is below average at best, and let's be real 250 yards is right around Wilson career average for YPG, so by your account we should have benched Wilson years ago for some unproven rookie or journeyman. Now I know some of you armchair Gms and Coaches would rather start Boykin because YOU are concerned about Wilsons health, but none of you know how injured Wilson actually is, and none of you know how productive Boykin would be in a game... So why are you even speculating? All reports say Wilson is moving better this week than last week, and he's light years removed from where he was in the Jets game. So why are fans so concerned about his health? Is it just their way of rationalizing a poor performance on offense? Wilsons had bad games when he's 100%, this isn't new, and to assume it's entirely on his health is just kind of silly.

sutz

Reaction score
I thought he was starting to look better today. :229031_shrug:

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
hawk45":3ln6j80a said:
I see the argument for preventing further injury to Wilson and letting him fully heal. I do not see the argument that Boykin operates more effectively behind this OL at all.

Yes, Boykin has shown himself to be athletic but very turn over prone. To think a rookie behind a bad oL is going to put up points is asinine.

Dak prescott has one of the best OLs in the NFL, his RB is a stud.

Russell is keeping us one drive away from winning games . I will take that chance every week.

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":36eaxw3q said:

He was, he was moving a lot better, didn't have the speed yet but wasn't limping and favoring his leg, bet he could have beat Tom Brady in the 40 even.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":1i98685m said:
sutz":1i98685m said:

He was, he was moving a lot better, didn't have the speed yet but wasn't limping and favoring his leg, bet he could have beat Tom Brady in the 40 even.
Had the heavy wraps off of the ankles, too.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
sutz":3jx1vfw7 said:
Someone made a better argument above but I agree. The stupid INT was bad but his health is looking reasonably good, he's finally turning the corner.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Anybody worried about the Bills Defense? They remind me a lot of the rams, this next game could get ugly quick.

Hopefully the O line & Wilson hold up next sunday

sutz

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3172ax4h said:
sutz":3172ax4h said:
Someone made a better argument above but I agree. The stupid INT was bad but his health is looking reasonably good, he's finally turning the corner.
Well, yeah, I was referring to health. He did still make a couple of mental mistakes, but some of that is because he forgets, I think, that he can't do everything right now. He did make a couple first downs with his legs, though he didn't have his old quickness yet.

MrThortan

Reaction score
There are more problems with this offense than an unhealthy Wilson. He shares the burden, but people are talking as though he is the soul reason this offense is playing like crap.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
It's so weird to me that there is such a divide. You guys need to look at the big picture. Wilson is not 100% healthy. Who is at this point? Boykin? You remember Russell Wilsons rookie year? You remember how hard it was to watch a game with half a play book? Picture that same thing now, only with a worse line and a coordinator who doesn't call the game to win.

The defense is epic and overworked, but guess what? They could do themselves a favor and get 3 and out every once in a while. They gave up points on the last SIX possessions. That needs some work. If you think things get better with Wilson out, you're willing to ignore everything I said above. He gives us the best chance to get points. Why we are not getting them is for a number of reasons. Let's fix the others before we look at Wilson as the problem.

You sit him, you're going to lose. I can almost guarantee that. How long do you need to before he's healthy again? 2-3 games? We're out of it by then. Might as well close him down for the year then. If he's healthy enough to play, you let him play. Sitting him just seems ridiculous, unless you fix the other problems while he's out. After all, it was his current line that got him injured to begin with.

okhawkfan

Reaction score
Wow. Some people need to lay off the crack. What has Boykin shown as an unproven rookie to make you think this? He would get murdered behind this oline. We still need to run the ball more. It baffles me that we only had 3 yards rushing at the half.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you don't sit him, and you never let him get healthy you have no chance.

0%

So you have to wonder if losing a few games might be worth potentially getting a healthy or healthier Wilson back. Because this Wilson will win you nothing.

He is slower. His line does him no favors. Being injured, he cannot continually bail out his OC.

AND You Are Going To Lose Anyway if you DON'T sit him. So why not at least let him recover while you lose?

getnasty

Reaction score
For those saying he didn't play that bad remember that the Saints are one of the leagues worst defenses. I read a stat saying last year he averaged 34 rushing yards a game. Going into to this game he had a total of 33 rushing yards. That's at least a couple of first downs that keep drives going that just aren't happening now. Those extra first downs not only extend drives but also keep our defense off the field. That's just the tip of the iceberg, his ability to extent plays with his legs and find wr's (especially DB) down field is non existent right now. Also don't forget extra defenders having to account for him in he read option game is hurting our running game. Don't think that you can sit him and even if you did if he was gonna get any healthier anytime soon. Somehow we need to find another way to generate some offense and start winning the TOP. When we were at our best TOP was a stat we dominated, the last 2 weeks that just hasn't been the case.