Is It Time To Sit Wilson?

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":24kmvsu7 said:
austinslater25":24kmvsu7 said:
I can't believe people are actually calling for benching Wilson. I'm at a loss for words. I seriously hope apposing fan bases done see this, they would have a field day. Wilson at 60% gives us a much better chance to win than Boykin right now unless by a miracle he's Dak Prescott and even then how would Dak do behind the leagues worst line? We are lucky to have Wilson right now.

No one's calling for Wilson to get benched jesus can you even read . We want him to sit until healthy as to not lose him for the year or blow out a knee and never be the same again, HUGE difference.

NorthWest end thread right there, thats what i wanted people to get out of this thread, never wanted it to be bashing, You and twistedHusky said it right aswell as hawkfanJ

Largent80

Reaction score
zchurch74":2erp5a6y said:
Has Wilson won a game for us this season? What's his TD-INT ratio? Is he 100% healthy? With our banged up O-line I trust Boykin to scramble and run the ball more then I do Wilson.

There is no way the offense is any worse with Boykin at QB. We should of scored at least 35 on the Saints.

ASININE or maybe even ASSITEN.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":3cj2m2on said:
Wilson was not the issue today, he is still faster and more mobile the Tom Brady, the running game and blocking is the problem, if anything Wilson needs to step up more and throw in lanes in this type of situation.

Not a great comparison. NE played decent offense without Brady and Gronk. They get the pieces of the offense to work together. You can see a big difference with Brady in there, but Garrapolo wasn't bad either.

When Wilson is dinged up, you can see just how bad this offense is, and how much they rely on Wilson. We're built to be balanced. Our young OL is actually bigger, more physical, and more athletic than any we've had in recent memory. They're at least 50% better than last year's unit in pass protection already, and that's with a gimped Wilson not able to bail them out of QB hit and sack statistics.

Wilson means more to our offense than most of us realized. His threat to run is what made our run game go, and without it, we're just not a balanced offense. Without balance on offense, we're not built to be a pass happy offense, and we don't have the OC to be able to game plan around it.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
zchurch74":882mtkpu said:
Has Wilson won a game for us this season? What's his TD-INT ratio? Is he 100% healthy? With our banged up O-line I trust Boykin to scramble and run the ball more then I do Wilson.

There is no way the offense is any worse with Boykin at QB. We should of scored at least 35 on the Saints.

Sweet mother of baby Jesus......

Jville

Reaction score
austinslater25":1a40f5ix said:
I can't believe people are actually calling for benching Wilson. I'm at a loss for words. I seriously hope apposing fan bases dont see this, they would have a field day. Wilson at 60% gives us a much better chance to win than Boykin right now unless by a miracle he's Dak Prescott and even then how would Dak do behind the leagues worst line? We are lucky to have Wilson right now.

I can believe it. I've watched their panic grow as they drifted toward the deep end. The only thing that can save them from their own self instilled terror are floaties. 2Fcommons2F82F8e2FChild wearing green floaties

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1lqwvo96 said:
I think he is referring to me. But I was never a Wilson 'hater'.

I was a "Lynch is more important to this team than Wilson so quit trying to give the keys to Wilson" guy.

And I was right.

Trying to pass the team off to Wilson cost us one SB win and ever since Lynch left Wilson hasn't done near as well. We were great because of Lynch and the defense. That ended up being something I was dead right on.

That said, we gutted our OL and we won't fire our OC, which is probably why Lynch left. So we have Wilson as the most important player on the team. But an injured Wilson not scoring touchdowns is a worthless Wilson.

So either you sit him and let him heal, because we are losing these games anyway, or you keep him on the field getting beat up by a substandard OL and he never gets to be 100%. Of course without Russ at 100% we stand 0% chance of winning anything of note in the playoffs but whatever.

It was never an argument that Boykin could be as good as Wilson, but I think he could easily match or exceed the amazing total of 0 TDs that Russ has racked up in the past few games.
I guess since you proclaimed yourself right......

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Aros":1ifj3njq said:
TwistedHusky":1ifj3njq said:
The only shot we have (if we have one still) is to rest Wilson, get him 100% and hope he can somehow Superman us up to winning some games in the playoffs.

But how do you heal if you are constantly getting slammed around, having people fall on you and having to run for your life on injured legs constantly?

AGREED 100%

And yet Wilson has been healing. Hmmmm.

sutz

Reaction score
Last comment for me on this subject.

I agreed that it would be a good idea to sit him against the Jets. Now, I disagree. He's getting better. Most of the protective gear is off now, and he actually had a couple of short, productive runs Sunday.

Every game is a risk. It is getting to where the risk/reward ratio is tilting toward reward for me. Risk is going down IMHO while potential reward, of course, goes up with every game.

Like I said, IMO it would have made sense to sit him for a game wrapped around the bye week, but that is history. Now, we need all hands on deck. JMO, I could be wrong. But that's why we have coaches and a med staff.

GO HAWKS!!!!

erik2690

Reaction score
zchurch74":2fajogir said:
I was going to start this exact thread. That last play is totally on Wilson. He has to make a better throw. He has to throw that ball a second sooner. Call me a hater, but Wilson as not as good as people make him out to be. He missed a lot of throws yesterday. Don't give me the injury excuse either.

The way our offense is playing there is no way you can say Boykin would make it that much worse and at this time its worth at least a chance.

Russell made his living off of a great O-line and one of the best running backs in a generation. Now that Lynch is gone and we don't have an offense line, his true talent shows. Example, the guy we played yesterday. Brees has played with average running backs, average receivers, average O-lines, and he still excels as a QB. Brees is HOF, Wilson is an average QB on a team with a defense that has carried this team going on 5 years

What in the world. "Great o-line"? What? Our O-line wasn't even good last year and has never been great with Wilson. And he played great w/o Marshawn last year. You are trying to make 3-4 below average games while injured a referendum on Wilson's career and that is crazy. We were having these same freakouts about the offense last year at this time except we were in a way worse position in the standings.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The takes are too hot :lol:

Love this genius idea of sitting Wilson to get him healthy. So lets say we sit Wilson for the next 3 and lose all 3.. suddenly you're sitting at 4-5-1 with a QB that may or may not be fully healthy until the offseason - what then?

The opportunity to steal a game for R&R was against the Jets before the bye. Now we've made our bed and unless Wilson suffers another injury to knock him out for a prolonged period of time - Wilson is going to be your QB .. hobbled or not.

chris98251

Reaction score
In a ideal world yes you sit him.

In an ideal world the Marquee and fans and his paycheck would not matter.

In an ideal world Boykin would be a stable replacement with no learning curve to adjust to.

In an Ideal world Wilson would go to Pete and tell him I shouldn't play till I am healthy.

I said it in another thread, Wilson being forced to learn to be a pocket passer will help us down the road, he will lose speed eventually, probably not elusiveness as much to buy time, but the read option will not be an option forever, him learning to get the ball out read quicker is going to make him a better QB for us long term, bailing on his ability to run and make yards has been taken away for now, he forced more to be a traditional QB and is succeeding. No running game or the use of one is what is hurting us more with him hurt then anything, they can blitz and seal edges with no threat of him escaping or a RB controlling the game and focusing on stopping that option.

Just hard to watch right now with the Line learning at the same time how to play their positions and Wilson not at 100 percent.