Is it just me?

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of commentators picking SF to win the game this weekend? I watch all the NFL related shows like NFL Insiders, NFL Live, Around the League, an Total Access. It seems at least 75% of the picks are going for the 9ers to win....didn't any of them see are last 3 games? The way they talk about the 9ers and how there "surging" right now makes me laugh. They beat the Rams at home and beat a really bad Redskins team, I personally don't see this supposed resurgence everyone is talking about. Go Hawks!! :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

nsport

Reaction score
I watched NFL AM this morning and the only thing they could talk about was the SF keys to the game. I guess we will need to notch one more win to get pure unbiased analysis from these talking heads!

rightbench

Reaction score
that's ok. the point is that those shows are going out of their way to talk about "WHO and HOW to beat the Seahawks."

just being the subject of those conversations means that the hawks are right where they want to be. They're a measuring stick for the rest of the NFL and beating them means something.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seems pretty apparent to me that the Seahawks have now become the "big bad bully from the Northwest". Some commentators do not enjoy seeing excellence
from an "upstart" team and think that it their responsibility to "bring us back to earth". I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed, but it seems to me that some of the ESPN "talking heads" are in misery when they are recognizing the Hawks as the #1 team in the NFL!!

OP
OP
Legion12Boom

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2d0120vr said:
Seems pretty apparent to me that the Seahawks have now become the "big bad bully from the Northwest". Some commentators do not enjoy seeing excellence
from an "upstart" team and think that it their responsibility to "bring us back to earth". I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed, but it seems to me that some of the ESPN "talking heads" are in misery when they are recognizing the Hawks as the #1 team in the NFL!!

Agreed, I've noticed that too. It almost pains them to talk about us in the same breath as the Broncos, Patriots, hell even the 49ers. It's sad. Can't wait for the game this weekend, hope we sack and pick Crapernick all afternoon.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
They are a good team playing at home. Hell they were in the superbowl last year.

Not unreasonable for the experts to pick them.

A loss to them wouldn't be unreasonable nor would it be necessarily bad. Might be good to get a loss now for the big picture.

acbass

Reaction score
Most of those people picked SF to be in the Super Bowl this year. They can't let it go that this team with a college coach, too many late round picks, a QB is too short, multiple undrafted WRs, is good. Plus, they all still think we can't win on the road. I'm not surprised they think SF will win. Bayless, strangely enough, is the only person I've heard that thinks the Hawks will blow out the whiners. Have to live the media sometime.

OP
OP
Legion12Boom

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2s8v6uea said:
They are a good team playing at home. Hell they were in the superbowl last year.

A loss to them wouldn't be unreasonable nor would it be necessarily bad. Might be good to get a loss now for the big picture.

I'm not saying it won't be a good game, and it's a game we very well could lose. I'm not even saying it's wrong for them to pick the 49ers, it's the way there putting it, like we don't stand a chance that is a little disheartening. An I'm not buying the hype about the 49ers peaking right now after beating 2 sub par teams. Just cause they made it to the SB last year doesn't mean they deserve the same respect this year. Then again the Seahawks have never been a popular pick for most of the sports world. I don't think will blow the doors off of SF but I believe we will win in a close game. 17-13 Go Hawks!!

Lady Talon

Reaction score
They mistakenly think that the Hawks and 9ers are the same team, with the same strengths and shortcomings, based on similar offensive and defensive rankings. Therefore, in their mind, the only thing that separates the two teams is homefield advantage. Until the Hawks prove them wrong and win at SF in the Russell Wilson era, they will adhere to that lazy analysis.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't see a problem with anyone picking the Niners. I think they are going to win and I don't give crap. In fact, I think the Hawks are going to lose this game and then win the last 3, going 14-2. It isn't unreasonable to think that the Niners are going to win, unless statistics, recent history and attitude actually play a role in the outcome. In that case, who in the heck would be picking SF to win this game? :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Picking S.F. is good for us, gives us a point of contention more then we already have. Not every negetive aspect of what they say stays negetive.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":9zvwouw8 said:

very true but we should still be picked to win

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Legion12Boom":1od968yx said:
Is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of commentators picking SF to win the game this weekend? I watch all the NFL related shows like NFL Insiders, NFL Live, Around the League, an Total Access. It seems at least 75% of the picks are going for the 9ers to win....didn't any of them see are last 3 games? The way they talk about the 9ers and how there "surging" right now makes me laugh. They beat the Rams at home and beat a really bad Redskins team, I personally don't see this supposed resurgence everyone is talking about. Go Hawks!! :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

To paraphrase Chesty Puller "They got us right where we want 'em."

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Yet another reason for Russell to show his dominance in a game, and another reason after we win for him to be favored to win the MVP.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Lots of people have picked SF this week, hopefully we can prove them wrong again. But really SF has been playing very well lately and are at home.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2ew6s7ci said:
I don't see a problem with anyone picking the Niners. I think they are going to win and I don't give crap. In fact, I think the Hawks are going to lose this game and then win the last 3, going 14-2. It isn't unreasonable to think that the Niners are going to win, unless statistics, recent history and attitude actually play a role in the outcome. In that case, who in the heck would be picking SF to win this game? :)
Boooooooooo this man! ;)

Wartooth

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Best Defense in the NFL, against the 28th ranked Offense?

I Like our chances!

A Lot of these clowns in the media don't like Pete, they act like he gave Bush the money at USC.
And besides, they wrote Pete off a long time ago as not being worthy of the NFL.
Now that he's back, built a contender, and is kickin' all the ass...
They can't stand it!
They have been wrong about this team on just about everything, it makes them look bad, so they openly hope for a collapse.
Not going to happen!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Legion12Boom":r3p54rp6 said:

These "experts" keep picking against the Hawks because of history not anything to do with the present. They made it to the SB last year. So what, the last time they won it was 1995. CK is a mental midget that will shrink from the challenge as soon as our D line applies their pressure game. Manningham is going to have our secondary in his head because of his injury last year at the Clink. We've shown that Shawn can run on them. The Hawks are focused on finishing strong and achieving their goals. Just like last year when they shifted gears and started blowing teams out. The Hawks don't like the 9ers and clinching the NFCW their last game and the stick would be sweet. 9ers have beaten 1 team, yes 1, with a winning record. Their offensive DVOA ranking is 14th. I don't even think this game will be close.