ClippedBird

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2kwj0wl7 said:
ClippedBird":2kwj0wl7 said:
Popeyejones":2kwj0wl7 said:
CHawk":2kwj0wl7 said:
I wouldn't put it past the Eagles fans to do something like make death threats

Cool hypothetical.

Do you think Clowney calling Eagles fans the "worst fanbase in the world" after beating their team and knocking their QB out of the game on what many believe was a dirty play INCREASES or DECREASES the chance that some jamoke would do wrong and make a death threat?

IMO if Clowney was actually worried about a death threat he wouldn't say what someone would say if they were trying to provoke one... :lol:

Wow. An actual Seahawk fan typing with their brain. Thank you Popeyejones. Clowney is a clown and saying those things shows how ignorant he is.

I'm not a Seahawks fan. Just a 9ers fan who has happened to post here for the last seven years.

I'm one of "the good ones" whenever my opinions happen to align with what's flattering to Seahawks fans in the moment (e.g. the non-call on Warner for DPI last week, which was obviously a bad call IMO), and a "damn dirty 9ers fan with ulterior motives" whenever my opinions happen to not align with what's flattering to Seahawks fans in the moment (the non-call on Clowney for a very dirty that he should have been ejected for IMO).

Unlike last week when I was arguing against my team's win I'm now a damn dirty 9ers fan with ulterior motives again. :roll: :lol:

I appreciate your honesty. Some fans just cannot accept logic and what their eyes see. Look, I am a realist and I knew that they were not winning a SB this year. I also knew that this game would also be a tough battle. What I did not expect was that our franchise QB was going to be speared in the first quarter with a cheap shot that was totally unnecessary when he could of just been touched which has been the norm this year. Carson could have been severely injured (vertebrae). Carson was also cheated out of his first playoff game.

We are all very upset and just need some time to let this go. Sorry Hawks fans if we are a bit salty but if this happened to Russel in the same manner you all would be losing your sh1t as well.

pmedic920

Reaction score
@Clipped

100s of similar “still shots” can be found throughout the season.

Would you say the same things about those situations and players.

I think not, go ahead and lie to us.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ClippedBird":2d7fwemd said:
Popeyejones":2d7fwemd said:
ClippedBird":2d7fwemd said:
Popeyejones":2d7fwemd said:
Cool hypothetical.

Do you think Clowney calling Eagles fans the "worst fanbase in the world" after beating their team and knocking their QB out of the game on what many believe was a dirty play INCREASES or DECREASES the chance that some jamoke would do wrong and make a death threat?

IMO if Clowney was actually worried about a death threat he wouldn't say what someone would say if they were trying to provoke one... :lol:

Wow. An actual Seahawk fan typing with their brain. Thank you Popeyejones. Clowney is a clown and saying those things shows how ignorant he is.

I'm not a Seahawks fan. Just a 9ers fan who has happened to post here for the last seven years.

I'm one of "the good ones" whenever my opinions happen to align with what's flattering to Seahawks fans in the moment (e.g. the non-call on Warner for DPI last week, which was obviously a bad call IMO), and a "damn dirty 9ers fan with ulterior motives" whenever my opinions happen to not align with what's flattering to Seahawks fans in the moment (the non-call on Clowney for a very dirty that he should have been ejected for IMO).

Unlike last week when I was arguing against my team's win I'm now a damn dirty 9ers fan with ulterior motives again. :roll: :lol:

I appreciate your honesty. Some fans just cannot accept logic and what their eyes see. Look, I am a realist and I knew that they were not winning a SB this year. I also knew that this game would also be a tough battle. What I did not expect was that our franchise QB was going to be speared in the first quarter with a cheap shot that was totally unnecessary when he could of just been touched which has been the norm this year. Carson could have been severely injured (vertebrae). Carson was also cheated out of his first playoff game.

We are all very upset and just need some time to let this go. Sorry Hawks fans if we are a bit salty but if this happened to Russel in the same manner you all would be losing your sh1t as well.

Noone cheated. the only thing your team was cheated out of was 15 yards and a first down... maybe.

Be salty...

why are you being salty here?

Presenting yourself as a realist and over emotional at the same time doesn't help your argument.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Listen to the former players talking about it this morning, I've listened to many and i've heard only one think there was any intent and that's probably because he was that type of player. I've probably listened to another dozen who all felt it wasn't over the line/dirty/intentional and they would know better than the slow mo remote experts finding freezeframes to support their confirmation bias... The overwhelming majority thought it was a football play that had a bad result. Physical game, bad results can happen, it was unfortunate. Some argued that you gotta throw a flag and given how the game is called that could be argued but to think there was intent malice or that the player is dirty is just an upset fan base needing to vent and find somebody to blame. I'd be pissed if my qb took that hit, I'm pissed any time my qb gets his bell rung no matter how clean the hit, just the nature of being a fan but that isn't rooted in logic that's just passion and fandom. I feel for Wentz, hope he walks away from this okay, I feel bad that there's any talk of his being soft cause that's just shit talk but otherwise there's nothing else here.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
:vodka:
Wartooth":2avpajf9 said:
ClippedBird...

Afb289e5368b8cac4bbf7d02ba3e0100

Good one. I am not a typical Eagles fan. I do not have horns or a tail or anything like that. Tell me more about your favorite mythical creatures.

Smellyman

Reaction score
again.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/njjet33/status/1214019020741054465[/tweet]

Hawkman90

Reaction score
Smellyman":120q07ab said:
again.

No one's talking about how clowney can't predict mcdougald tripping wentz and clowney being unable to pull out of a tackle he's committed to literally milliseconds after, otherwise would have been a clean hit :snack:

mrblitz

Reaction score
When McCown came in, it was an upgrade anyway, so it's not clear what the Eagles fans are complaining about. Wentz was a disaster.

But yeah, also (as already mentioned), the injury was more caused by the field, than by Clowney.

Seymour

Reaction score
pmedic920":3ndx8y8f said:
@Clipped

100s of similar “still shots” can be found throughout the season.

Would you say the same things about those situations and players.

I think not, go ahead and lie to us.

He needs to find out if they were knocked out of the game or not first. Being a dirty player is about results not intent! :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
mrblitz":22m9gi9g said:
When McCown came in, it was an upgrade anyway, so it's not clear what the Eagles fans are complaining about. Wentz was a disaster.

But yeah, also (as already mentioned), the injury was more caused by the field, than by Clowney.

100% truth!!

But hell. lets crap all over our pitty pot anyway just because we are Philly fans.... :34853_doh:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Smellyman":v6krrqnu said:
again.

False dichotomy.

It can be not malicious, a bang-bang play, and an ejectionable offense all at once.

FWIW I'd apply all three of those descriptors (likely not malicious, bang-bang play, and ejectionable offense) to both Damarious Leonard and Kwon Alexander's ejections for helmet to helmet hits this year too (probably the Chiefs one also, but I'd have to go back and look at it).

Likewise, just to make sure and so you're on the record: it is your position both now and obviously moving forward that we shouldn't be judging penalties based on replays, close-up angles, etc. yeah? Whatever the TV angle shows at full speed is how we should interpret things. I have that right, yeah?

(Also worth noting with 100% sincerity that I was shocked he didn't get flagged as soon as it happened. You can go back and look -- I called it a dirty hit as soon as it happened in the gameday forum yesterday, although TBF I didn't think it warranted an ejection until I saw the replay, but all of us change our interpretations of calls based on replay, including refs and the league itself :lol: :lol: )

Uncle Si

Reaction score
No he doesn't.

He jumps for Wentz at nearly the same time that he was tripped. It looked like he was trying to make a tackle on his legs but wentz ended up going down.

suggesting he could've held up while he's already diving isn't realistic. The tackler has no idea at the moment if the ball carrier will end up on the ground.

It's a bummer for Wentz and the Eagles fans. But thats football.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, IF they call it, you get 15 yards. Do you honestly think it made a bit of a difference? Nope.
The offsides that wasn't called that EVERYONE saw cost the Hawks a drive and they had to settle for 3.
That was as impactful as a 15 yarder would have been.
And they played MUCH better with Mccown. If anything, I was hoping Wentz played the entire game.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The still shot that I saw had the Seahawk on the side Clowney's helmet pointed straight at Wentz's helmet at impact, meaning it had to have been facemask-to-helmet at most. Meanwhile, I'm listening to the radio this morning (TDY in upstate NY for a few months) and these yahoos are going on about 'roughing the passer' and 'coming down with his weight' like they don't know the difference between a QB as a passer (one set of rules, especially for Erin and brady) and as a full-on runner (another set of rules, unless they give themselves up in a feet-first slide). Jeez.

Willyeye

Reaction score
It is inherently human to be biased and support "your" team. It is a natural reaction for Eagle fans to "believe" that this was a "dirty" hit and that Clowney's intent was to take Wentz out of the game. It would be a natural reaction for Seahawks fans to feel exactly the same way if the tables were turned. And of course the hit goes from bad to worse when there was no flag.

But truth be told, the hit was legal. It's ridiculous to think that Clowney went airborne with the intent of hitting Wentz helmet-to-helmet. When Clowney started the dive to tackle a runner that hadn't slid or given himself up there is no way he would have been able to anticipate the location of Wentz' head when Clowney's feet left the ground, thus making it physically impossible to believe that Clowney purposely hit Wentz' head with the intent of taking him out of the game. It was simply an unfortunate part of the game of football.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Fully agreed it's a natural reaction for Eagles fans to think it was a had hit and to support their team.

Oddly though, instead of doing the other side of that and saying it's a natural reaction for Hawks fans to think it was an okay hit and to support their team, you just declared that "truth be told" the preferred interpretation for Seahawks fans is a "fact."

LOL. C'mon dude. If you wanna pull the fan bias card that knife always cuts both ways.

253hawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":31qcy4vd said:
I'm not comfortable with the hit being a no-call but I realize opinions differ.

Where they shouldn't, though, is with Clowney's telling the press that Philly fans were the "worst in the world" and insinuating death threats. C'mon now. I've read the Twitter and their boards. They're extremely upset, but no one's posing pictures of weapons with his name on it or pledging to go out to PNW and f him up. If anyone thinks "I wouldn't be sad if he's hurt or worse in Green Bay" is the same, I think that person is emotionally 13 and just creating drama.

He doesn't need to apologize for the hit. The adjudication of that was on the refs, not him.

But he should apologize for what he said about the fans. That was all on him.

You mean the type of fans who pick fights with each other and pack guns during tailgates? They are the worst fans; no contest. He doesn't owe them anything, least of all an apology.

https://youtu.be/mr1EI3iV33A?t=81 (check the waistband at 1:29)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Clowney's hit was the gray area of the game of football where it if happened to Russell and knocked him out of the game? It's literally ALL we'd be talking about today about how that was a dirty hit and should have been a penalty.

But to defend Clowney, he's not PacMan Jones or Vontaze Burfict...........where there's a LONG history of dirty hits and nonsense from the player.

Clowney was busting his ass to chase down Wentz to hit him, and since Wentz was not in the pocket and running? Then I'm just fine with what Clowney did......and if he refs wanted to call a penalty? I can see that.

But "dirty hit?" Hell no. No way in hell Clowney's intention was to injure Wentz.

Latest posts