Is Carolina the new San Francisco

Reaction score
I have been over at their forums they sure are an arrogant bunch.
I get they should be confident, but they seem to be very misguided about football facts.
From everything to Wilson being a joke and can't pass in the pocket to how they are going to beat us by two scores or more, even how they have the better roster and organization.

I get they have a great team this year, they seem to be crowning a dynasty before they have won a playoff game.
Is it just me or do they rub you guys wrong too?

Reminds me of the Webzone.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
A douche for a QB? Check.

You're onto something here, but I'm not going to go to an opposing team's fan site to confirm it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't mind their fans. Their fans should be cocky, their team had a real good season. Can't stand the team though, I think they have a lot of "fake tough guy" in them.

carolinablue

Reaction score
Tbh, I've seen a lot of that same attitude on here. It's the nature of the beast.

For the record I think Wilson is a pretty good QB. I wouldn't take him over Cam but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he brings to the table. Today was a good example of how he makes plays. He didn't play all that well but when that ball launched over his head about 15 yards behind him, he didn't panic. He made a play. I remember a few years ago when this mini rivalry began between our teams and how Wilson would scramble and make pin point passes. Anyone that says he isn't legit is crazy. And anyone that thinks Cam isn't legit is crazy.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Reminds me of how most opposing fans felt about Seahawk fans in 2013. They have a right to be arrogant right now.

But they forget how close that Week 6 game was.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
carolinablue":amhpuhdr said:
Tbh, I've seen a lot of that same attitude on here. It's the nature of the beast.

For the record I think Wilson is a pretty good QB. I wouldn't take him over Cam but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he brings to the table. Today was a good example of how he makes plays. He didn't play all that well but when that ball launched over his head about 15 yards behind him, he didn't panic. He made a play. I remember a few years ago when this mini rivalry began between our teams and how Wilson would scramble and make pin point passes. Anyone that says he isn't legit is crazy. And anyone that thinks Cam isn't legit is crazy.

I think we have earned the right to be a little arrogant.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Conversation w/ Panther fans on Russell Wilson:

Panther fan: Wilson sucks from the pocket, he's not a real QB
Seahawk Fan: He has a 118.6 QB rating from the pocket, highest in NFL
Panther Fan: Uuuhhh thats because he's captain checkdown
Seahawk Fan: He has a 8.33 yard per attempt average, 4th in NFL
Panther Fan: Stats are stupid, CAM IS A GOD!!!

True story.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Their fan base is 10000000x better than the Niners, save for the guys that post here. They have every reason to be cocky and feeling good about themselves.. we'd be quite insufferable if we went 15-1 too.

I think this will become the rivalry the 49ers-Seahawks rivalry was supposed to be.

RussB

Reaction score
I tried posting their too, they are very arrogant and its impossible to reasonably debate with them . There are a couple of reasonable posters but for the most part very irrational and cocky.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I think they got confident for finally beating Seattle this year. I mean, Seattle did owned them in Carolina already. They have beaten them 4 in row before dropping the most recent game.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I liken Carolina fans to a child beginning to walk. This is new territory, so excuse them if they look goofy as hell.

RussB

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":hcgiq7al said:

True story.
So true.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":9m4q09gt said:

True story.
That sounds like the Panther fan was about 10 years old...lol

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1q0sfyte said:
Their fan base is 10000000x better than the Niners, save for the guys that post here. They have every reason to be cocky and feeling good about themselves.. we'd be quite insufferable if we went 15-1 too.

I think this will become the rivalry the 49ers-Seahawks rivalry was supposed to be.

I hope you are right about the rivalry thing. Like Seattle, it looks like Carolina is set to be good for a while. The rivalry would be fun.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":12ju4yon said:
I have been over at their forums they sure are an arrogant bunch.
I get they should be confident, but they seem to be very misguided about football facts.
From everything to Wilson being a joke and can't pass in the pocket to how they are going to beat us by two scores or more, even how they have the better roster and organization.

I get they have a great team this year, they seem to be crowning a dynasty before they have won a playoff game.
Is it just me or do they rub you guys wrong too?

Reminds me of the Webzone.
Yes. I really liked the Minnesota guys though so I'm probably biased. But I'm thinking Carolina/Seattle is the next top tier rivalry so it's a good thing I hate them right from the start.:)

falcongoggles

Reaction score
They are discussing the exact same thing on their boards.

I would say their fans are torn between cockiness and nervous excitement.

The youngins are solely focused on the win this season in our house.

The older fans are sore from the 2005, 2015 eliminations as well as us beating them 4/5.

Both groups recognize that the balance of the NFC is hanging in the balance with this game. Larry and Carson are aging, RW and Cam are the future of the NFC.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Good team, great season.

But they are beatable, even in their house.

That's all that matters.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
There are some similarities between this Carolina team and Jim Harbaugh's Niners. They like to run the ball and play hard-nosed defense. Their front seven is filled with dominant play makers, including two of the best LBs in the league, while their secondary is a little more suspect. They have a really solid OL, an athletic QB, and a RB who runs the ball with great balance, while their receivers are mostly unimpressive, except for their TE. Most importantly, Seahawks-Carolina have had numerous close, physical battles in recent years.