Is Bevell to blame for much of this teams discontent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1g1y2egp said:
Siouxhawk":1g1y2egp said:
His record speaks for itself.

EXACTLY
Glad you agree. Five straight playoff trips to at least the divisional round with multiple Super Bowl appearances in his six years with the Hawks does put it all in perspective. He's part of something bigger than the individual parts.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":5qisg7ju said:
WmHBonney":5qisg7ju said:
Siouxhawk":5qisg7ju said:

EXACTLY
Glad you agree. Five straight playoff trips to at least the divisional round with multiple Super Bowl appearances in his six years with the Hawks does put it all in perspective. He's part of something bigger than the individual parts.

In spite of him, not because of him. You consistently miss the forest for the trees. Other teams are just knocking down our door to get the boy genius aren't they.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1cajdqmg said:
Siouxhawk":1cajdqmg said:
WmHBonney":1cajdqmg said:
Siouxhawk":1cajdqmg said:

EXACTLY

In spite of him, not because of him. You consistently miss the forest for the trees. Other teams are just knocking down our door to get the boy genius aren't they.

Yeah, I don't think he knows Russell Wilson exists.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3cox9qyh said:
Siouxhawk":3cox9qyh said:
WmHBonney":3cox9qyh said:
Siouxhawk":3cox9qyh said:

EXACTLY

The 'in spite of him' rhetoric is a ridiculous commentary as anyone will tell you that it takes three segments of a team to be successful. And since our resource allocation lies heavily on the defensive side of the ball, I'd say Bevell's ability to squeeze a top 7 DVOA out of unit 5 of the past 6 years is even more impressive.

randomation

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":284xkd3l said:
WmHBonney":284xkd3l said:
Siouxhawk":284xkd3l said:

The 'in spite of him' rhetoric is a ridiculous commentary as anyone will tell you that it takes three segments of a team to be successful. And since our resource allocation lies heavily on the defensive side of the ball, I'd say Bevell's Russell Wilson's ability to squeeze a top 7 DVOA out of unit 5 of the past 6 years is even more impressive.

Fixed that for ya Bevell is a hindrance not a help when I can call the play we are running 90 percent of the time before the snap there is a problem.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
The Bevell thread lives!!!!!

tenor.gif

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
randomation":16egl56f said:
Siouxhawk":16egl56f said:
WmHBonney":16egl56f said:
Siouxhawk":16egl56f said:

The 'in spite of him' rhetoric is a ridiculous commentary as anyone will tell you that it takes three segments of a team to be successful. And since our resource allocation lies heavily on the defensive side of the ball, I'd say Bevell's Russell Wilson's ability to squeeze a top 7 DVOA out of unit 5 of the past 6 years is even more impressive.

Fixed that for ya Bevell is a hindrance not a help when I can call the play we are running 90 percent of the time before the snap there is a problem.
Yeah, I'm sure you're smarter than the D coordinators that we play that seem to have a hard time stopping our offense. Bravo, you're a legend in your own mind.

Rocket

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3p7qnni1 said:
SoulfishHawk":3p7qnni1 said:
Plus, we have Sherm for now, he thinks he's a coach so....... :lol:

Beast suiting up as a Raider. Sherm possibly on his way out.

**Sigh**

It's the off-season I warned it would be...

Blame the media... they all eat poo.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Bill Belichick recently gave a pretty in-depth interview, at least for him, to Suzy Welch at CNBC. In it, he talked about how, in high pressure, game-on-the-line situations, he's learned to place the outcome in the hands of his most dependable players. Not necessarily the most athletically talented, but the most dependable. Sometimes those qualities intersect (Gronk).

Bill Belichick":j4b9ry07 said:
"You have to go with the person who you have the most confidence in, the most consistent," Belichick says. "And if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but I'm going down with that person."

That seems like a pretty reasonable philosophy. The last play of Week 10 game where the Hawks stopped the Pats on 4th and Goal exemplifies this. The Pats put the game on the shoulders of their two best players (Brady and Gronk) and it didn't work out. I don't think any Pats fan can be too mad about that .... partially cuz they won the SB haha, but it still fits with his philosophy.

Lynch was absolutely on of our "dependables," and, really, he was the most dependable offensive player of that era. I'm pretty damn sure fans would accept it more if he fumbled on the GL compared to what actually happened.

Full interview for those who are interested:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/13/bill-bel ... rules.html

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
You make a valid point. However, I could also see it played out where disgruntled fans say we became too predictable and ran right into the teeth of their heavy package, coupled with the fact that Marshawn was smothered for no gain on a 3rd-and-1 earlier in the game.

Let's also not lose sight that Billy Boy has Brady throwing for him. He's the true money player in that scenario.

NYCoug

Reaction score
As far as Bevell goes, I can't forgive him for XLIX. Not unless he helps us win another ring. Therefore, my opinion is obviously biased and void. Besides, what else can I add that hasn't been said already?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":20p310bx said:
semiahmoo":20p310bx said:
SoulfishHawk":20p310bx said:
Plus, we have Sherm for now, he thinks he's a coach so....... :lol:

Beast suiting up as a Raider. Sherm possibly on his way out.

**Sigh**

It's the off-season I warned it would be...

Blame the media... they all eat poo.
This guy gets it. ^^^ 8)

getnasty

Reaction score
Unfortunately for him, one play will define Bevells career here. I'm not a fan of some of his playcalls but at the end of the day when you look at where the offense ranks and how horrible his OL is, he has done a pretty good job. We also have to remember if things are the way Pete wants them this will never be an elite offense with huge numbers. As for the OP original question, if people discontent because of Bevell then I hope there traded. Don't worry about other people and focus on doing your job to the best of you ability.

randomation

Reaction score
randomation":22tpou14 said:
Siouxhawk":22tpou14 said:
WmHBonney":22tpou14 said:
Siouxhawk":22tpou14 said:

Yeah, I'm sure you're smarter than the D coordinators that we play that seem to have a hard time stopping our offense. Bravo, you're a legend in your own mind.

The D CoOrds we play often known exactly what's going on and our chunk plays come off of Russ making something out of nothing. Do you just not frequent the game day forum at all? The play Bevell is going to call is often posted before it happens. Such as 3rd and 8 time for a bubble screen it will totally fool them this time.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
No kidding! Does he realize how low our offense was ranked last season? That is part of why there was friction among some of the players and coaching staff. Our D was getting tired having to run back onto the field so many times almost every game.

The Seahawks offense sucked last year. If not for our D, which wasn't as dominant as prior seasons, we'd likely have been lucky to end up a better than .500 team.

If Bevell was so good, he would have been hired on as a head coach by now.

Bevell sucks.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
randomation":1lo5zo5i said:
Siouxhawk":1lo5zo5i said:
WmHBonney":1lo5zo5i said:
Siouxhawk":1lo5zo5i said:

The D CoOrds we play often known exactly what's going on and our chunk plays come off of Russ making something out of nothing. Do you just not frequent the game day forum at all? The play Bevell is going to call is often posted before it happens. Such as 3rd and 8 time for a bubble screen it will totally fool them this time.
Yet opposing defenses have a difficult time stopping us. If everyone knew what was coming, you wouldn't think we would have an offense ranked in the top 7 in DVOA 4 of the past 5 years.

And anyone who says one player is solely responsible for the continued success of the offense has raised the white flag in the debate. Too many moving parts for that to be true.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3t4rtqng said:
No kidding! Does he realize how low our offense was ranked last season? That is part of why there was friction among some of the players and coaching staff. Our D was getting tired having to run back onto the field so many times almost every game.

The Seahawks offense sucked last year. If not for our D, which wasn't as dominant as prior seasons, we'd likely have been lucky to end up a better than .500 team.

If Bevell was so good, he would have been hired on as a head coach by now.

Bevell sucks.
Actually it was the offense that bailed out the D many times last season.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
True.

Hawks offense was ranked below average last season. D was ranked higher.

If not for the D (which wasn't as good as prior seasons) 2016 would have been a disaster.

Granted, RW was injured so that plays a part in the lower offensive ranking, but Bevell for sure is a primary contributor as well. Heck, New England was without its starting QB for the first part of the season and they went 3-1 in that stretch.

Seahawks did not consistently execute last year. Injuries, Bevell, crappy O-Line, internal fighting, all played a part.

It'll either get sorted out or not in 2017. Pete has a tough task to do so that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts