MAJOR props to......

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The O Line and Jordyn Brooks. Brooks was possessed yesterday. Not even CLOSE to the average player that many make him out to be.
And the O Line? I was shocked at how well they played against that defense. Very impressive.

Side note: Detroit players were trying hard to get DK out of his game. It didn't work, at all. DK was $, and didn't buy in to their lame attempts to get him worked up. And yes, when he was on the sidelines and they were jawing at him, I was like "Walk away DK, walk away" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
The O Line and Jordyn Brooks. Brooks was possessed yesterday. Not even CLOSE to the average player that many make him out to be.
And the O Line? I was shocked at how well they played against that defense. Very impressive.
Brooks is a force of nature. His weakness is lack of experience. If he had Bobby's brain, he'd be talked about as the next historical great at the position.

The talk about him being subpar was ridiculous. He just wasnt ready to be LB1 last year. I'm actually curious about what the future of the position looks like if Brooks can soak up what he needs from Bobby and you put somebody like D Bush next to him...

hoxrox

Reaction score
After game 2,

Stock up:

The back up tackles - solid pass pro in a loud stadium against a team that likes to bring pressure

Tre Brown - sack + pick 6, nice bounce back from the previous week

Nwosu - forced fumble which may have been the turning point of the game

Waldron - called a great game, utilized run game, TE sets effectively, and a lot of play action.

The TEs - nice first down conversions when we needed it

Geno - nearly flawless outside a couple of plays

Lockett - clutch TDs

Stock down:

Julian Love - continues to get beat
Coby Bryant - continues to get beat, bad tackling
Jason Myers - continues to miss FGs, after getting paid

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Side note: Detroit players were trying hard to get DK out of his game. It didn't work, at all. DK was $, and didn't buy in to their lame attempts to get him worked up. And yes, when he was on the sidelines and they were jawing at him, I was like "Walk away DK, walk away" :ROFLMAO:
Yes. The whiny childlike attitude the one kid put up there was funny...and DK did the right thing. Kudos to the man.

toffee

Reaction score
After game 2,

Stock up:

The back up tackles - solid pass pro in a loud stadium against a team that likes to bring pressure

Tre Brown - sack + pick 6, nice bounce back from the previous week

Nwosu - forced fumble which may have been the turning point of the game

Waldron - called a great game, utilized run game, TE sets effectively, and a lot of play action.

The TEs - nice first down conversions when we needed it

Geno - nearly flawless outside a couple of plays

Lockett - clutch TDs

Stock down:

Julian Love - continues to get beat
Coby Bryant - continues to get beat, bad tackling
Jason Myers - continues to miss FGs, after getting paid
The performance of the backup tackles was a nice surprise, they didn't play well in pre-season, but gave Geno protection in this game, the line sack was Geno's fault. On PFF:

Curhan: Run block 73.4 Pass block 54.9 overall 65.8 (Lucas 69.8)
Stone: Run block 61.6 Pass block 76.5 overall 71.2 (Cross 66.7)

sutz

Reaction score
While I'm not going to diss on our tackles - they stepped up and played well - credit has to go to Waldron as well, who designed a game plan that largely protected them with more quick passes and rollouts, etc to keep the defense on its heels. Kind of like the run/pass thing, things work on more than just the one play when you fake run and pass. If you establish that you can do that, it slows the pass rush down a step as they focus on their run fits as they rush. A few quick completions and intermediate crossers and they stop blitzing so much and moderate their rush. It all goes together.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Brooks has been good, it's a shame that some on here still try to throw shade. Yet another great game where his talent was an impact on the game. KJ Wright has been telling you guys since last year that he's great... I think he knows what he's talking about...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Brooks has been good, it's a shame that some on here still try to throw shade. Yet another great game where his talent was an impact on the game. KJ Wright has been telling you guys since last year that he's great... I think he knows what he's talking about...

I've definitely knocked on Brooks a little, but never on his pure athletic abilities. What I see as his main weakness is in his ability to read defenses, and that may be as simple as just being a lack of confidence. Last season, without Wagner leading the way, Brooks just looked hesitant on a lot of plays. Brooks is one of the big reasons I was so excited to get Wagner back. This allows him to just go out there and be the athlete he is, and his play can be tremendous.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I've definitely knocked on Brooks a little, but never on his pure athletic abilities. What I see as his main weakness is in his ability to read defenses, and that may be as simple as just being a lack of confidence. Last season, without Wagner leading the way, Brooks just looked hesitant on a lot of plays. Brooks is one of the big reasons I was so excited to get Wagner back. This allows him to just go out there and be the athlete he is, and his play can be tremendous.
I think last year some of that hesitation was more him trying to compensate for guys around him or do more than just his job. That was compounded by the fact that he became "the man" replacing Bobby and was responsible for calling plays and getting guys lined up, so when other guys made mistakes he felt like he had to clean it up for them. Sometimes when you try to do your job and pickup what your coworker isn't doing both suffer, but that doesn't mean you're bad at your job or ever were...

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think last year some of that hesitation was more him trying to compensate for guys around him or do more than just his job. That was compounded by the fact that he became "the man" replacing Bobby and was responsible for calling plays and getting guys lined up, so when other guys made mistakes he felt like he had to clean it up for them. Sometimes when you try to do your job and pickup what your coworker isn't doing both suffer, but that doesn't mean you're bad at your job or ever were...

I apologize if I didn't say it clear enough, but I don't think He's a bad linebacker at all. I just think that he is able to play best, and at full speed with someone next to him making the calls. It might even be more than just letting someone else make the calls, because last year there may have been nobody whose calls he trusted like he would have Bobby's. All I know is that without Bobby, he hesitated more and with Bobby, he plays all out and the difference is amazing. Without getting into stuff we will likely never be privy to, we are all just making judgements from what we have seen. I think though, that we can both agree that having a guy like Bobby out there allows Brooks to do what he does best and do a great job of it.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
While I'm not going to diss on our tackles - they stepped up and played well - credit has to go to Waldron as well, who designed a game plan that largely protected them with more quick passes and rollouts, etc to keep the defense on its heels. Kind of like the run/pass thing, things work on more than just the one play when you fake run and pass. If you establish that you can do that, it slows the pass rush down a step as they focus on their run fits as they rush. A few quick completions and intermediate crossers and they stop blitzing so much and moderate their rush. It all goes together.

They also chipped Hutchinson a ton. They need to use the same TE heavy strategy with the starting tackles. Not sure why they went completely away from it last year, or it sure seamed like it

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Watching highlights I was watching the tackles. The one play specifically I recall was the 3rd and 6 conversation to DK in OT. The protection from the tackles was outstanding on that play. Hope they bring it again next week watching this Panthers line right now