Is Bevell to blame for much of this teams discontent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
NJlargent":oerbzfw6 said:
The two things about the "play" that annoy me most are 1) saying Butler made some amazing play to diffuse the stupidity of the call and 2) saying that because our coaches defended it, the call was correct despite the overwhelming majority of other professionals calling it the worst call in SB history.

I would think Sherman and Lynch saying it was a terrible call carries more weight since they were actually the reason for us getting a Lombardi.

Ssshhhhh, some folks around here don't take well to pointing out the obvious.

:rumble:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":fkk8ywm7 said:
Wilson, Lockette & Kearse BLEW the play call with Shitty execution + Great EXECUTION by Butler, doesn't make Bill and the Patriots the "smart ones"
For those that believe that we should have just handed the ball off to "The Beast" and all would have been successful?...... Lynch had been STOPPED in the backfield several times in that game, so there's NO GUARANTEE that he would have punched it in.
If the Seahawks Defense hadn't been riddled with injuries, and had HELD the Patriots from mounting that 10 point come-back it doesn't boil down to 25 seconds to fix the mess up.
All said & done, Pete got OUR Seahawks to the Super Bowl TWO YEARS IN A ROW, had that PLAY been EXECUTED PROPERLY, everybody here would be singing his praises.
Some of Y'all can quit on Pete if you want, I'm still a believer and one of his biggest fans.

Why do players not execute properly on any given play?

Ponder it for a few days and get back to us.[/quote]
I don't need to "Ponder" on this play for more than a few seconds.
If they had practiced the play OVER AND OVER AND OVER again as has been reported, they didn't EXECUTE it AS PRACTICED.
It's my theory that Wilson & the Offense were too focused on Browner, and didn't account for Butler.
A split second of distraction, and BALL PLACEMENT was OFF the mark = Poor EXECUTION.
Wilson admitted that it was an errant pass.= not EXECUTED properly.
I suppose it's just a lot easier to blame Bevell ( the lazy course), than to delve into it deep enough to SEE what went awry.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing---Just because a lot of Monday Mourning Complainers wouldn't have thrown the ball, doesn't mean that it was the wrong play.
Someone said something about IF they had the winning Lotto Numbers AHEAD OF THE DRAWING, they'd be rich? Well duh.
Too bad Pete & Co. don't have a Crystal Ball, or had consulted a Prophet, eh?...They'd probably have had Wilson go with another play.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At some point we have to realize we are asking the wrong question...

The question is not whether Bevell is to blame, because we have seen that it is an emotional issue. I feel Bevell is to blame. Sioux feels he is not. We each have very different perspectives and a collection of facts that we feel mitigates the points being made by the other side.

Ultimately it does not matter. You cannot argue feelings. So each side makes point after point, neither swaying the other.

So the correct question should be is Bevell worth the cost right now?

For several years he has presided over an increasingly inconsistent offense that each year is becoming more feast and famine, with an emphasis on famine lately. TDs are becoming less likely, even going multiple games with few to none.

Now, if you cannot produce w the resources you have regardless the excuse, then you need to move over so someone else can.

Bevell may bother some players but ultimately the real issue is you cannot count on his offense to score TDs.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3s5m1lgn said:
At some point we have to realize we are asking the wrong question...

The question is not whether Bevell is to blame, because we have seen that it is an emotional issue. I feel Bevell is to blame. Sioux feels he is not. We each have very different perspectives and a collection of facts that we feel mitigates the points being made by the other side.

Ultimately it does not matter. You cannot argue feelings. So each side makes point after point, neither swaying the other.

So the correct question should be is Bevell worth the cost right now?

For several years he has presided over an increasingly inconsistent offense that each year is becoming more feast and famine, with an emphasis on famine lately. TDs are becoming less likely, even going multiple games with few to none.

Now, if you cannot produce w the resources you have regardless the excuse, then you need to move over so someone else can.

Bevell may bother some players but ultimately the real issue is you cannot count on his offense to score TDs.

440.gif

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
If we run it and Marshawn fumbles, all the same crybabies are saying we were too predictable. I guess every NFL franchise has a group of whiners in their fanbase and it's pretty evident who ours are.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1vch6vha said:
If we run it and Marshawn fumbles, all the same crybabies are saying we were too predictable. I guess every NFL franchise has a group of whiners in their fanbase and it's pretty evident who ours are.
I think the team and the fans handle the loss better if Lynch fumbles. The way that game ended was a dagger to the teams heart IMHO

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":37trauiu said:
I've come to realize my mistake Sioux, The OP asked, "Is Bevell To Blame For Much Of This Teams Discontent" (Loaded Question)
Many of the posters in here are Haters, hell bent on snarking, sniveling, resenting & slamming ANYONE who hints at defending REALITY.....You're NOT going to reason with them, that's off the table.
Every time you present FACTS, they counter with hateful BULLSHIT.
This is no place for discussion, They have their Know-It All hatred to nourish.....It's like an exclusive Hate Club, AND YOU OBVIOUSLY AIN'T PART OF IT!
I understand your discernment ...Most Reasonable folks do...This isn't the right venue for discussing variables.
Og and Mog Hate Bev, No Care if U agree.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2sqq4t6a said:
Siouxhawk":2sqq4t6a said:
I think the team and the fans handle the loss better if Lynch fumbles. The way that game ended was a dagger to the teams heart IMHO
Maybe, but I don't think so. There will always be a sect that has to point fingers because it's part of their personality makeup.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ynwit8d said:

Stop whining.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3n59e5ii said:
hawkfannj":3n59e5ii said:
Siouxhawk":3n59e5ii said:
Maybe, but I don't think so. There will always be a sect that has to point fingers because it's part of their personality makeup.

Stop pointing fingers.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":28jsufmp said:
Siouxhawk":28jsufmp said:
I've come to realize my mistake Sioux, The OP asked, "Is Bevell To Blame For Much Of This Teams Discontent" (Loaded Question)
Many of the posters in here are Haters, hell bent on snarking, sniveling, resenting & slamming ANYONE who hints at defending REALITY.....You're NOT going to reason with them, that's off the table.
This is no place for discussion, They have their Know-It All hatred to nourish.....It's like an exclusive Hate Club, AND YOU OBVIOUSLY AIN'T PART OF IT!
I understand your discernment ...Most Reasonable folks do...This isn't the right venue for discussing variables.
Couldn't agree more with you, scutter. Keep your good posts coming and as always, GO HAWKS!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3twsfj66 said:
scutterhawk":3twsfj66 said:
Siouxhawk":3twsfj66 said:
Couldn't agree more with you, scutter. Keep your good posts coming and as always, GO HAWKS!
Although in your case it is, GO BEVELL!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1qwp0vqf said:
Siouxhawk":1qwp0vqf said:
scutterhawk":1qwp0vqf said:
Siouxhawk":1qwp0vqf said:
Although in your case it is, GO BEVELL!
Na, I like the entire team. And I especially have big time admiration for Pete.

nash72

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1auw2esc said:

Again, what are these so called FACTS (owww, I just typed in capital letters look at me) that should convince everybody it was a good play call? A lot of things needed to go right with that personnel for that play to be successful and of course it wasnt.

Davidess

Reaction score
I still go back to being up 10, in the 4th, with 9 minutes left and Kearse dropping a 3rd down conversion. Most likely wouldn't have been in this position in the first place.

But that's just me. I know I've gotten over the play but I don't think the Hawks or some of the fans have. haha

Hyak

Reaction score
The OP is that the last two teams have underachieved because Bevell is still the OC after the play. Arguments about the play aside, I think many are glossing over a lot of other pertinent issues.

1. The 2013 and 2014 drafts were horrible. Britt is arguably the only guy picked in those drafts that could be a core player although Richardson has the potential to build on his strong finish to 2016. That's led to a top heavy team with a big group of star players with no real depth that pushes the starters. A HUGE difference from 2013.

2. Injuries to core players - in the last 2 years, they have lost their top 2 RB's for significant stretches of games. Chancellor, Bennett. and Thomas missed chunks of time. Wilson played almost the entire year banged up and it clearly affected his game.

3. Right or wrong, the team banked on cheaper, younger players on the OL in order to pay the core group and the OL performance was not nearly good enough in parts of 2015 and most of 2016.

4. Special teams has not been as stellar - Hauschka was erratic and cost them a couple of wins last year. Coverage units have been meh.

5. Teams are scheming better against the Seahawks D, which isn't overly complicated.

6. Making SB's for 3 or 4 straight years is hard. Miami made 3 straight in the 70's (2-1) and Buffalo made 4 in a row (0-4) in the early 90's. Minnesota made 3 of 4 in the mid 70's (0-3). Denver made 3 of 4 in the late 80's (0-3). Dallas made 3 of 4 in the early 90's and NE made 3 of 4 in 01, 03, and 04. Both of those teams won the SB each time. That's it. The 70's Steelers didn't do it nor did the great 49ers teams of the 80's.

Hyak

Reaction score
Hendo66":1oh4e5sm said:
Appears ML & RS are angling for a package deal. Hmmm
Package them up to the Raiders and move on.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Marshawn Lynch "has begun" the "reinstatement process."
It is not clear what beginning the process means, but Lynch is likely to file his reinstatement papers in the near future. Once he does, his $9 million cap hit will immediately hit the Seahawks' books, making it likely a resolution is reached in short order. Werder reports Lynch hopes to play for the Raiders but also would considering going to any team which trades for CB Richard Sherman.

This got me thinking. Maybe it's Marshawn who has some blame in any discontent that exists. Perhaps he has been influencing Sherman to carry the torch once he retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.