Is Ansah as bad as advertised?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He's still injured and underweight, but at some point it stops mattering.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bbsplitter":dxpwcmrj said:
So here's the thing. Ansah definitely has not held up to his end of the deal, that much I definitely agree with. However some of these articles and opinions seem to be fueled by a lot of misconceptions/tape that simply doesn't exist.

There is a field gulls article in particular which references a bunch of clips of Ziggy's pass rush saying it is a prime example of how ineffective he is. The thing is, those clips represented quick passes, stunts that weren't executed correctly by other players, as well as double teams.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/11/5/20 ... s-sluggish

Ziggy is definitely slower that he was. However I think he still has good form, and nothing I've really seen has indicated to me he has NO shot of improving his stats. If anything I was pretty optimistic that he would return to better form fairly soon.

Am I alone on this?
Your assessment of how the Competition is using "Quick Passes" & "Stunts" is SPOT ON, and it's nullifying NOT ONLY Ansah, it's affecting the entire Defensive front..+ Our Secondary is still not up to snuff.....One hand washes the other.

sc85sis

Reaction score
In my completely uninformed opinion, the two guys we are most missing on D are Kam and Cliff (if in a perfect world they were healthy).

Sucks that both guys had their careers cut short by freak neck injuries.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He better show up big Monday or I would cut him and bring in a healthy player. He hasn't done anything this season. Greene at least has some tackles for loss fumble recovery's and more sacks so does Jackson. Ansah is the least productive D-lineman we have.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2pl6sf6m said:
Hawkstorian":2pl6sf6m said:
I predict Ansah is cut Monday when Ed Dickson is activated.
Very bold statement but wouldn't be surprised after what we've seen thus far.

Ansah got 6M guaranteed, and is only getting $94,000 per game for being active............so as much as Ziggy deserves to be cut, there's not much cap incentive to cut him. Dude already got most of his salary this year with his signing bonus and guaranteed money.

So my guess is if anyone, and I mean ANYONE steps up to get more of his snaps, then he just won't be active on gameday, but not cut.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Largent80":2wiyu861 said:
He stinks so far. A MAJOR disappointment. Get Collier way more snaps and needed experience. Ansah is NOT the future and is taking needed time away from our young players while adding ZERO to the line. A failed experiment so far. Prove it otherwise Ansah, you got 7 games.

Agree 100! Get your 1st rounder in there cutting his teeth before the playoffs.

Largent80

Reaction score
UGotHawked":bt2z2t41 said:
Largent80":bt2z2t41 said:
He stinks so far. A MAJOR disappointment. Get Collier way more snaps and needed experience. Ansah is NOT the future and is taking needed time away from our young players while adding ZERO to the line. A failed experiment so far. Prove it otherwise Ansah, you got 7 games.

Agree 100! Get your 1st rounder in there cutting his teeth before the playoffs.

And they make Collier inactive, then bench Ansah for the completely underwhelming Griffin....

Come on Pete, get this right.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":312g4nk1 said:
hawksfansinceday1":312g4nk1 said:
Hawkstorian":312g4nk1 said:
I predict Ansah is cut Monday when Ed Dickson is activated.
Very bold statement but wouldn't be surprised after what we've seen thus far.

Ansah got 6M guaranteed, and is only getting $94,000 per game for being active............so as much as Ziggy deserves to be cut, there's not much cap incentive to cut him. Dude already got most of his salary this year with his signing bonus and guaranteed money.

So my guess is if anyone, and I mean ANYONE steps up to get more of his snaps, then he just won't be active on gameday, but not cut.

What does this say about LJ Collier? Seems like they missed bad with that pick. Ansah has been a ZERO and cost us with the 5 yd penalty. And LJ is still inactive? My goodness!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Ziggy's been a huge letdown. He's contributing nothing. Since the pass rush as a team is nowhere what should be acceptable, they should just give the playing time to Green and LJ. Can't be any worse than Ziggy.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3g7r5fv4 said:
Ziggy's been a huge letdown. He's contributing nothing. Since the pass rush as a team is nowhere what should be acceptable, they should just give the playing time to Green and LJ. Can't be any worse than Ziggy.

Ziggy aside, I thought they rushed really well last night, no?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1g2kt581 said:
Thepeelsessions":1g2kt581 said:

And people were asking for Quem to get some snaps, and we saw that too last night...........albeit not to great effect. Quem got washed out on every rush play. He's just too small to be effective IMO.

But something needs to be done on that side, no rush whatsoever. Pete's trying.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":liznnq31 said:
Uncle Si":liznnq31 said:
Thepeelsessions":liznnq31 said:

And people were asking for Quem to get some snaps, and we saw that too last night...........albeit not to great effect. Quem got washed out on every rush play. He's just too small to be effective IMO.

But something needs to be done on that side, no rush whatsoever. Pete's trying.

Cool to hear Queen was tried even if it didn't work this time. He needs to focus on running around the tackle. He shouldn't even think about engaging the Tackle.