Irony...

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm catching up on my podcasts for the week, and am currently listening to Holmgren's take on the game. He singled out Carolina running play action, on the last series. He pointed out how stupid, asinine and pointless that is.

You kids figure out the irony of that on your own.

endzorn

Reaction score
Next he'll say running draws on third and long is stupid.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Bevell likes to do that too, occasionally.

SoCalHawk

Reaction score
They are podcasting Holmgren on with Mitch? Thought KJR didn't do that. Any chance you could point me to the link? Thanks in advance!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Holmgren's point is why run play action when the other team knows you have to pass.

But IMO it's a rhythm thing, the plays called for Cam to during that last series were probably what he was comfortable with, which were their standard routes that use play action.

If your playbook doesn't have a lot of 5 and 7 straight drop pass plays, which I imagine an offense like Carolina's doesn't, then you go with what your QB and WR's are used to........and in this case it's play action routes.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
SoCalHawk":14dpt4c0 said:
They are podcasting Holmgren on with Mitch? Thought KJR didn't do that. Any chance you could point me to the link? Thanks in advance!

I use the IHeartRadio app, but, you can just go to KJR, find podcasts by show.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Pot meet Kettle.

Holmgren was the most annoying when it came to late game and 3rd and medium/long play calling.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Why would you not try play action if you think it's going to help you out? Seattle is a running team (Definitely should always be) and you never know when they're going to try and cut Beastmode loose.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":19fl1q3q said:
Why would you not try play action if you think it's going to help you out? Seattle is a running team (Definitely should always be) and you never know when they're going to try and cut Beastmode loose.
Ummmm...I have seen Bevell call play action on 4th and 15 in the last minute. Fooled no one.

hawk45

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":3a0omtz6 said:

With under a minute left, needing to drive the entire field, the defense isn't going to honor the run. Because they would love for you to hand it off, get 10 yards out of surprise, and watch seconds tick off the clock or you burn your last timeout still needing 70 yards.

All it does (as Holmgren explained) is make the quarterback have to follow through with the play fake, taking his attention away from downfield for more time, without producing any positive effects.

kpak76

Reaction score
No comment about how stupid running a HB screen on the last play of the game when you had like 90+ yards to go?

Abach

Reaction score
Can't help but remember that epic 3rd and 5(?) Fb draw with Strong against the redskins in '05. Worked once. Holmgren tried that same play 20 times the next season

A

Anonymous

endzorn":2ijlypqc said:

Endzorn,

Please check your Seahawks.NET Private Message inbox.

Thank you,
HH :les:

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":8pyl68ma said:
endzorn":8pyl68ma said:

Endzorn,

Please check your Seahawks.NET Private Message inbox.

Thank you,
HH :les:

Someone's in trouble. My guess is for the avi.

chawx

Reaction score
This may be off-topic, but what I would like to see more of is when a QB goes to do a read-option play to the wrong side and fake hands the ball off to no one.... that must really fool the LBers, makes them think they're playing against ghosts or something. :sarcasm_off:

Latest posts