Injuries for monday night

keasley45

Reaction score
Looks like Alton, Artie, Ott and Walker 3 will be out Monday night.

On Denver's side, they'll likely be down their MLB, and the guy coming off the bench is dinged as well. That has to bode well for our rushing attack.

On our side, it would be great to have Burns in their, but I don't know that we miss a step.

Walker getting time would have been good as well, but if Penny can keep from pulling his taint and pick up where he left off last year against a questionable D line in Denver and a dinged LB corp, Dallas and Homer should be more than adequate in picking up the 'seconds'. I'm seriously hoping our RB' feast on Denver's soul... just grind them into oblivion.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Penny gets more than 15 touches. Both Dallas and Homer, especially Dallas, ran the ball very well during the preseason and Penny hasn't seen a live snap all year. The smart move would be to use Penny sparingly in the first few weeks. Besides, even when he's healthy, Penny isn't the best option on 3rd downs as his blocking has always been suspect.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Never paid much attention to his blocking because he's played so little. Just fingers crossed he stays together.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Looks like Alton, Artie, Ott and Walker 3 will be out Monday night.

On Denver's side, they'll likely be down their MLB, and the guy coming off the bench is dinged as well. That has to bode well for our rushing attack.

On our side, it would be great to have Burns in their, but I don't know that we miss a step.

Walker getting time would have been good as well, but if Penny can keep from pulling his taint and pick up where he left off last year against a questionable D line in Denver and a dinged LB corp, Dallas and Homer should be more than adequate in picking up the 'seconds'. I'm seriously hoping our RB' feast on Denver's soul... just grind them into oblivion.
"Pulling his taint" was funny!

Injuries suck but those won't cost the Hawks the game. I think Penny plays a ton, use him before you lose him! He was on fire last year with a summer to keep healing...he can play!

balakoth

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Penny gets more than 15 touches. Both Dallas and Homer, especially Dallas, ran the ball very well during the preseason and Penny hasn't seen a live snap all year. The smart move would be to use Penny sparingly in the first few weeks. Besides, even when he's healthy, Penny isn't the best option on 3rd downs as his blocking has always been suspect.
Smart move would get him some carries... wtf is the point of a RB1 if you don't use them?

Most Rb1s dont get touches during the preseason.. for good reason

RiverDog

Reaction score
Smart move would get him some carries... wtf is the point of a RB1 if you don't use them?

Most Rb1s dont get touches during the preseason.. for good reason
First of all, I said 'in the first few weeks.' I'm going to guess that Derrick Henry and Jonathan Taylor don't get used to their max in the first few weeks, either.

Secondly, most #1 RB's haven't been as injured as Penny has, which includes a "hamstring thing" in OTA's this spring and the reason why we burned a 2nd rounder on a RB.

balakoth

Reaction score
First of all, I said 'in the first few weeks.' I'm going to guess that Derrick Henry and Jonathan Taylor don't get used to their max in the first few weeks, either.

Secondly, most #1 RB's haven't been as injured as Penny has, which includes a "hamstring thing" in OTA's this spring and the reason why we burned a 2nd rounder on a RB.
Guessing? Google literally exists

You mean 17 then 35 the next week then 28 then 33 17 being they were getting demolished and needed to pass?

balakoth

Reaction score

Also doesnt matter how "injured" he is.... if can't handle the load he cant handle the load.. why are you managing him then?

Latest posts