Injuries! Damn them!

emurri

Reaction score
I think the only thing that can derail this team are injuries. So I have to say I am a bit upset about all of the guys who will be missing the game tomorrow (what is it, like 18), mainly Bruce Irvin. I understand the team wants to make sure that guys are right before they get them out there, but a guy like Irvin needs time on the field because of the position switch and the suspension. Am I just being crazy and worrisome and this is really not an issue?

King Dog

Reaction score
Of course it's an issue for a guy like Bruce who is learning a new position and still has a lot to prove, but what are you going to do?

It is what it is, so kick back, crack a Pabst or six, and enjoy the game.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Can you post a link naming the players that will not participate? Not a big deal, just curious.

OP
OP
emurri

emurri

Reaction score
King Dog":3fy0g54h said:
Of course it's an issue for a guy like Bruce who is learning a new position and still has a lot to prove, but what are you going to do?

It is what it is, so kick back, crack a Pabst and enjoy the game.

Your right. I do think Pete was not to happy not having him be able to play.

OP
OP
emurri

emurri

Reaction score
CANHawk":1sqortmd said:
Shut up with the talking out loud about injuries! What the hell... Dont anybody believe in jinxes anymore?!

I was wondering why nobody was talking about Irvin not playing. I am knocking on wood as we speak.

kearly

Reaction score
Thanks for that list, emurri. Useful info. IMO, I don't think our injuries have been that bad, really. There are probably 5-10 players on our team who'd be critical injuries (QB, OL, Earl, Clemons, Mebane, etc). Harvin is a shiny hood ornament without which our team was still destroying defenses.

On the bright side, most of the players who will miss the game aren't that significant. The notable players to be out will be Irvin, Turbin, McDaniel, Carpenter, and possibly Unger. Turbin we kind of knew wouldn't play since he's been sidelined for a while, and his being out is actually a pretty big positive as we'll see nearly 4 quarters of Michael and Ware. I'm stoked for that.

Kind of sad to have to wait an extra week for McDaniel. I know absolutely nothing about him, I was curious to see which kind of 3-tech skillset he brings.

I think Irvin is going to need a few seasons to really catch on at LB anyway, so I'm not all that anxious to see him at his least developed. Moving Irvin to LB has a lot of risk, but if we are patient, it could work out.

Carpenter is no surprise, but did anyone else notice that he's out for a "foot" problem? If that isn't a misprint, that's good news. We assumed it was his knee. Carp being out means that Alvin Bailey and Rishaw Johnson have a big opportunity this week.

MattR92

Reaction score
kearly":1kxesm3x said:
Thanks for that list, emurri. Useful info.

Carpenter is no surprise, but did anyone else notice that he's out for a "foot" problem? If that isn't a misprint, that's good news. We assumed it was his knee. Carp being out means that Alvin Bailey and Rishaw Johnson have a big opportunity this week.

Pete said in his pesser from today that it was a foot strain.

OP
OP
emurri

emurri

Reaction score
Kearly I think you make some great points and thanks for settling me down. It will be nice to see some of the young guys get some playing time. I also think that's some of the reasoning behind not playing a few vets, let the younger guys get some more reps. Plus, if a starter sits and the backup plays lights out, that will lite a fire under their ass to get back and compete. We know that Pete is not afraid to play the younger guy.

Latest posts