In Defense of the Seahawks Receivers

irocdave

Reaction score
The Seahawks do not have a receiver on the roster that requires a defense to double cover, period. The receivers have done a great job of hand fighting and catching contested passes, but rarely get wide open. Especially in the middle of the field. The really frustrating part of last weeks game was how many times did a TE go down the middle of the field? THAT was the weakness in the Cards D. Rice looks like he done in Seattle, and Harvin is well on his way. NFW the Hawks can keep a guy that is getting paid what Harvin is on the roster if he isn't a constant contributor when the penny pinching starts next year.
The hawks need a solid number 1 receiver and that guy isn't on the roster right now.

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05 said:
... getting open on extended scrambles, and controlling the redline by boxing defenders away from the sideline. Wilson makes the most of these things, but sometimes it leads to a feast-or-famine situation....
quote]

I'm really worried that this may be the case.

BUT, I would still say we have a top 15 (at least) receiving core. I also think they don't get nearly enough credit. I wish somebody would put together a highlight real of all the sportscenter-esk catches that happened this season. It's really been phenomenal.

Anyone else notice how overly-disappointed that Baldwin dropped that ball on the sideline when he went down? Can you imagine in the early Seahawks days being irritated at receiver missing a catch like that. Made me realize how high they have raised my expectations.

Latest posts