I'm expecting a blowout

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
The overconfidence round these parts is a little perplexing. It's Drew Brees and Sean Payton - two of the best. I doubt they'll lay an egg twice.

I would not be shocked if we got beat. Our offense has been a mess the last four games. If we three-and-out enough times our defense will wear down and they have the weapons to take advantage. A 20-17 Saints win is conceivable unless our AWOL offense finally returns.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I believe this will be an NFL record game..

-somehow we will only win by 1/2 of a SINGLE point... and I'm not even sure yet how that is possible.

NavySeaHawk

Reaction score
A win is fine, blow out or a nail biter.......................JUST WIN!!!!! :)

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I don't mind the blowout prediction because of silly jinx reasons, because that crap is just an embarrassment to people who believe in it. But admittedly part of me worries about some absolute nonsense where the Hawks only win by 3 points and then people are left going "OMG we only won by 3, things are falling apart."

If we win by a lot, great. If we win by a little, great. It's the playoffs; I'll be elated with a one-point win.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3d7yta6e said:
Crizilla":3d7yta6e said:
Kurt Warner made some very good points on NFL network. The saints just do not matchup well against us. They just don't. I don't think its physically possible for them to beat us. They are smaller, less physical, and we know what their offense is all about. They dont have the run game and defense to win a game like this. Our beastly secondary and ferocious pass rush mess up their precious timing on their pass game. They ain't built to win this game. I'll change my sig to I love the saints if we lose

You know Richard Sherman thought we were going to Manhandle the Niners at the Stick, and we lost.

Sherman was trying to get the defense fired up and said it was a glorified practice. Pretty confident that he didn't actually say they were going to manhandle anyone...

Edit: I cannot stress enough, how much it pains me to know Seahawk fans actually take statements like that and use them to criticize their own team. Maybe next time he'll come out and say "Hey fellas, let's give it the old college try!"

summersknight

Reaction score
Crizilla":2dcgib3p said:
Kurt Warner made some very good points on NFL network. The saints just do not matchup well against us. They just don't. I don't think its physically possible for them to beat us. They are smaller, less physical, and we know what their offense is all about. They dont have the run game and defense to win a game like this. Our beastly secondary and ferocious pass rush mess up their precious timing on their pass game. They ain't built to win this game. I'll change my sig to I love the saints if we lose

Wow. Dont overlook us. Any given sunday anyone can beat anyone.

Decimation

Reaction score
summersknight":2xk3tgq6 said:
Crizilla":2xk3tgq6 said:

Time for the Hawks to make your team ours just like we have with the Redskins.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":28oa6mfg said:
The overconfidence round these parts is a little perplexing. It's Drew Brees and Sean Payton - two of the best. I doubt they'll lay an egg twice.

I would not be shocked if we got beat. Our offense has been a mess the last four games. If we three-and-out enough times our defense will wear down and they have the weapons to take advantage. A 20-17 Saints win is conceivable unless our AWOL offense finally returns.

Because sometimes it just comes down to matchups. I know it was coming off a loss but I'm more confident about this game than I was about the rams.

Saints qb and coach better than the rams? absolutely, but NO doesn't have guys like Robert quinn that potentially could have created serious mismatches which fortunately it didnt

Anything can happen but I expect hawks to win. I was more nervous vs rams

summersknight

Reaction score
seahawksny":o2o5cv0f said:
Thunderhawk":o2o5cv0f said:

Because sometimes it just comes down to matchups. I know it was coming off a loss but I'm more confident about this game than I was about the rams.

Saints qb and coach better than the rams? absolutely, but NO doesn't have guys like Robert quinn that potentially could have created serious mismatches which fortunately it didnt

Anything can happen but I expect hawks to win. I was more nervous vs rams

Playoffs is an entirely diff season. You may be right, but dont bet the farm. The saints are pesky and the playoffs brings something out.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":r5cd4rwu said:

Thanks for the input, Nancy. :mrgreen: I acknowledge that the Saints have a very good coach and QB combo that are taking a second swing at us, but we should win most matchups. Do you really feel our offense was 'AWOL' against the Rams? I beg to differ. We slugged it out against the very good defense and won. 'Three-and-outs' happen against very good D's, and, from my recollection, the last 4 D's we faced were pretty damn good. Would you say Tate's performance 'a mess' against the Rams? What part of our offense did not show up? OL performance was a bit sporadic, but it was a noticeable improvement over previous games and we had some really good run blocking on more than a few occasions.

I expect the Saints to bring it way more than they did last time, but I also expect us to show up and ball out because it's do or die.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What is with the fascination of telling other people NOT to be too confident. WE don't play for the team. Fans being cocky and/or overconfident about a game has ZERO to do with the outcome.
It's right up there with telling people they are not "real fans" if they don't do this or that etc.

It's likely to be a close game, but if someone thinks it's gonna' be a blowout, who cares?? Why does it matter so much?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2c3s9c0w said:
I don't mind the blowout prediction because of silly jinx reasons, because that crap is just an embarrassment to people who believe in it. But admittedly part of me worries about some absolute nonsense where the Hawks only win by 3 points and then people are left going "OMG we only won by 3, things are falling apart."

If we win by a lot, great. If we win by a little, great. It's the playoffs; I'll be elated with a one-point win.

..or even a 1/2 point. 8)

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":uih24b7l said:
What is with the fascination of telling other people NOT to be too confident. WE don't play for the team. Fans being cocky and/or overconfident about a game has ZERO to do with the outcome.
It's right up there with telling people they are not "real fans" if they don't do this or that etc.

It's likely to be a close game, but if someone thinks it's gonna' be a blowout, who cares?? Why does it matter so much?

There are a large number of people out there who truly believe in jinxes, pathetically enough. That basically has to be the explanation for such posts.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Nothing a fan says or thinks is going to matter. If the Hawks were to actually lose this game, the haters are going to hate just the same whether Seahawks fans show concern for winning or confidence. If you feel that the Hawks are going to struggle, so be it. If you think they are going to bitch slap the Saints I have no issues with saying it. There is this assumption that confidence is a form of disrespect. Who cares? Every team left in the field has lost to the Hawks. Their fans hate the Hawks and their fans regardless. I promise you that showing any of them "respect" won't make any difference if the Hawks lose. All that matters is moving on to the next round.

The Seahawks will not be taking anything for granted. They are going to bring it on Saturday regardless of the fans. I believe that on Saturday the Hawks are going to show us some things we haven't seen. That the level of Hawks intensity will be unmatched. It doesn't get any more intense or hyped than a late season game on MNF with two teams fighting for HFA. The Hawks have been here before, in the national spotlight against a good team and they came to play EVERYTIME.

Yeah, they dropped a game they shouldn't have with AZ, but that was not a must-win, pivotal game. It changed nothing. In the game they had to win against the Rams, the Hawks shut them down, they had 16 yards of rushing after giving up a ton in STL. Lynch ran for 100 (90+) against a team that sold out to stop him. They did what they had to do in the must-win game and won by 20.

The Hawks are going to explode, they will beat the Saints. I am not calling for a blowout, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up that way.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8ff3brwl said:
It's right up there with telling people they are not "real fans" if they don't do this or that etc

Fans are even more superstitious than players are. We think if we act or think a certain way we're jinxing our team. Thus these kinds of posts.

Just ask my wife and kids, if they sit in my pre-ordained lucky spot on the couch before games they get berated like they just drowned a puppy.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
summersknight":1vviemm6 said:
Crizilla":1vviemm6 said:

Good thing the game's being played on Saturday, then!

hawker84

Reaction score
Allpro secondary against elite QB/very good recievers?

tenacious front 7 against average Saints O line?

Decent D line against very average Seattle O line?

Sprowles/Graham/Colston or Lynch/Tate/Harvin, who'll have more game impacting plays ?

average (putting it nicely) secondary against Tate/Harvin/Baldwin/Miller?

This battle will be won in the trenches again, i think we match up better with them than they do us. Key match ups being our front 7 getting pressure on Brees, and our secondary making plays. I think our offense stacks up much better against their D, we will move the ball, we will score points.

Sea - 24
NO - 20

Treefiddy

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3epjibfn said:
Nothing a fan says or thinks is going to matter. If the Hawks were to actually lose this game, the haters are going to hate just the same whether Seahawks fans show concern for winning or confidence. If you feel that the Hawks are going to struggle, so be it. If you think they are going to bitch slap the Saints I have no issues with saying it. There is this assumption that confidence is a form of disrespect. Who cares? Every team left in the field has lost to the Hawks. Their fans hate the Hawks and their fans regardless. I promise you that showing any of them "respect" won't make any difference if the Hawks lose. All that matters is moving on to the next round.

The Seahawks will not be taking anything for granted. They are going to bring it on Saturday regardless of the fans. I believe that on Saturday the Hawks are going to show us some things we haven't seen. That the level of Hawks intensity will be unmatched. It doesn't get any more intense or hyped than a late season game on MNF with two teams fighting for HFA. The Hawks have been here before, in the national spotlight against a good team and they came to play EVERYTIME.

Yeah, they dropped a game they shouldn't have with AZ, but that was not a must-win, pivotal game. It changed nothing. In the game they had to win against the Rams, the Hawks shut them down, they had 16 yards of rushing after giving up a ton in STL. Lynch ran for 100 (90+) against a team that sold out to stop him. They did what they had to do in the must-win game and won by 20.

The Hawks are going to explode, they will beat the Saints. I am not calling for a blowout, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up that way.

This post is great. I'm sick of being called an asshole or a bad fan because I believe the Ain'ts don't match up well say that I think we are gonna hammer them. Why should I respect them? They got slaughtered here earlier, their fans are arrogant pricks and I think the whole team is soft.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2w6xqm9h said:
You know Richard Sherman thought we were going to Manhandle the Niners at the Stick, and we lost.

In what way does what Sherman thought of the 49ers in a regular season game pertain to the Hawks facing the Saints in the playoffs???

Latest posts