I'm erring on the side of Bennett being gone.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I dunno. I just don't want us to break the bank for bennet. the way our secondary works we have to keep those guys. lose one, you break the whole system.
[/quote]

I love the LOB but they said that about Browner, granted he was the most replaceable of the group. There's a part of me that wouldn't be surprised if only Earl retires a Seahawk.

That said I don't even want to thank about it and wish we could keep those 3 and Bennett a long time.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
bigcc":2mewk83v said:
Lynch Mob":2mewk83v said:
Seafan":2mewk83v said:
The Hawks will find someone to be the interior pass rusher.

Who was Seattle's last interior pass rusher with 8.5 sacks. this Seattle secondary works best with a interior force like Bennett. Without Bennett their is no superbowl and P. Manning would hahe sve picked this L.O.B. apart. some Fans forget how the Seahawks were handled late in games in '12 when it counted most. So show respect and pay the man what he is due. On defense i think Seattle should basically build around E.Thomas,Chancellor,Sherman, and Bennett everyone else can be replaced.

That seahawks D late in '12 had 2 of their 3 expected top pass rushers out (J.Jones, Clemons).... the seahawks had two players with more than 3 sacks in 2012, they had 5 this season with over 4. That didn't all come from Bennett.....

Bennett has worked out very well for us, but to list him with the all-pros in the secondary as the only irreplaceable player?

I don't think so lol.

I'd instantly take Wagner, probably Wright as well over Bennett.

Look back at those '12 games and see how many times the QB easily stepped up in the pocket to avoid the outside rushers to make un-contested throws. I know because it drove me crazy back then. Finally Seattle has 1 guy that can consistantly bring pressure up the middle and they should let him walk becuase they are so easy to find? No you lock him down just like the 3 pillars of the secondary.

Some Fans don't know what they got until its gone.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":18a354zm said:
bigcc":18a354zm said:
Lynch Mob":18a354zm said:
Seafan":18a354zm said:
The Hawks will find someone to be the interior pass rusher.

Who was Seattle's last interior pass rusher with 8.5 sacks. this Seattle secondary works best with a interior force like Bennett. Without Bennett their is no superbowl and P. Manning would hahe sve picked this L.O.B. apart. some Fans forget how the Seahawks were handled late in games in '12 when it counted most. So show respect and pay the man what he is due. On defense i think Seattle should basically build around E.Thomas,Chancellor,Sherman, and Bennett everyone else can be replaced.

That seahawks D late in '12 had 2 of their 3 expected top pass rushers out (J.Jones, Clemons).... the seahawks had two players with more than 3 sacks in 2012, they had 5 this season with over 4. That didn't all come from Bennett.....

Bennett has worked out very well for us, but to list him with the all-pros in the secondary as the only irreplaceable player?

I don't think so lol.

I'd instantly take Wagner, probably Wright as well over Bennett.

Look back at those '12 games and see how many times the QB easily stepped up in the pocket to avoid the outside rushers to make un-contested throws. I know because it drove me crazy back then. Finally Seattle has 1 guy that can consistantly bring pressure up the middle and they should let him walk becuase they are so easy to find? No you lock him down just like the 3 pillars of the secondary.

Some Fans don't know what they got until its gone.

And there's that horrid 3rd down defense that we were sporting in 2012 as well, abused by air and ground. And the fact that over 20% of our sacks on the year came in one game vs. Green Bay.

Jville

Reaction score
There were a lot of changes made last season. New defensive coordinator. New defensive line coach. And, a surplus of pass rushers ..... some of which have yet to see an opportunity to play.

And then there is the "chemistry". Coach Carroll stated that it took half the season to "figure it all out" and settle on the packages and personal combinations that propelled the defense front on into the Super Bowl.

Bennett did fit in as a part of that 2013 evolution. But, his future cap number will have to fit if he is going to be a part of the 2014 team. I have little doubt that Dan Quinn will again experiment with his personal in 2014.

Changes are on the way.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Jville":16c83ja8 said:
And then there is the "chemistry". Coach Carroll stated that it took half the season to "figure it all out" and settle on the packages and personal combinations that propelled the defense front on into the Super Bowl.

All the Chemistry and Combinations contained Bennett in the middle doesn't work the same without Bennett.