Ifedi gives Brown #76

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":nwm3krjj said:
toffee":nwm3krjj said:
On Ifedi, hoping at some point the game will slow down for him so he wouldn't have to jump. Felt like the game is still going at quicker pace than his mind is running at. Once the game slows down for him, he could be quick good.

I don't believe this is the case. Ifedi was always this way. Even in college. I recall in discussions we had on him, I mentioned that he probably gets away with 10 false starts a game for every one that gets called.

He's always played on the edge in this respect. And to be fair, he's actually pretty good at getting a barely legal head start on plays. His pass rush blocking has been superb this year. And undoubtedly part of that is the fact that he flirts with head starts constantly.

Don't expect him to all of a sudden calm down and get better in this regard. This has been going on since his sophomore season at TAMU. It's something we'll have to live with because I don't see any semblance of an attempt to correct on his or the teams' part.

I have definitely noticed this when he is in pass pro. About ready to be pissed for a false start but then no flags and I just think it must be my slow mind.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Ifedi gained my respect when Doug Baldwin pushed Tom Cable during the Giants game. Ifedi immediately stepped in and pushed Doug away protecting his coach. His body language and facial expression suggested...
"You don't push my coach, that's not right man". It showed to me his heart and mind is in a good place it didn't matter if it was a captain or not he stood up for what was right.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
Most underrated value add of Duane Brown his leadership and knowledge he will give Ifedi. We cpuld have some pretty good tackles before season ends.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe Clark said he would punch him again if he didn't give it up :)

netskier

Reaction score
SeahawksMSHing":ibsd7px0 said:
Most underrated value add of Duane Brown his leadership and knowledge he will give Ifedi. We cpuld have some pretty good tackles before season ends.

Agreed. His press conference revealed that they already hang out together in Houston, go to the same gym down there, have the same financial advisor, already have a big brother to little brother mentoring relationship, already established while they played for two different teams. Ifedi's mentor just joined the Hawks, so Ifedi will get a lot better.

chris98251

Reaction score
netskier":1cz4y6e2 said:
SeahawksMSHing":1cz4y6e2 said:

Agreed. His press conference revealed that they already hang out together in Houston, go to the same gym down there, have the same financial advisor, already have a big brother to little brother mentoring relationship, already established while they played for two different teams. Ifedi's mentor just joined the Hawks, so Ifedi will get a lot better.

Well this makes more sense now, prop up the LT position and also get a guy that can help a young investment that may listen to him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is like getting 2 Tackles for the price of 1.

Tom Cable has talked to Ifedi, Pete Carroll has talked to Ifedi, and they don't seem to be able to get through to him. I was beginning to think that maybe someone needed to replace Germaine for awhile, and let him sit on the bench.

But now with Duane Brown here, someone that Ifedi will listen to, and someone that he can learn from, his play will improve. And I believe there will be a big jump in Germaine's play over the next couple of weeks.

netskier

Reaction score
ivotuk":q83528a4 said:
This is like getting 2 Tackles for the price of 1.

Tom Cable has talked to Ifedi, Pete Carroll has talked to Ifedi, and they don't seem to be able to get through to him. I was beginning to think that maybe someone needed to replace Germaine for awhile, and let him sit on the bench.

But now with Duane Brown here, someone that Ifedi will listen to, and someone that he can learn from, his play will improve. And I believe there will be a big jump in Germaine's play over the next couple of weeks.

That's quite possible. Ifedi will l listen to Brown, but Ifedi still needs to execute, and I am hopeful that he will.

Beyond that, Cable also said in his press conference:

1. Pocic will benefit playing next to Duane, talking to him, knowing that Duane has his left side covered, etc.

2. Britt will benefit just knowing that the left side is covered, which frees Britt up for making his signals freely, without having to adapt them to a problematical left side.

3. Aboushi will benefit from having Britt on his left, and Ifedi on his right, both getting better. Aboushi played with Duane on the Texans. Duane phoned Aboushi to ask him whether the Seattle situation was a good one.

4. Every OL man will benefit from Russell not getting injured from his blindside.

I am quite psyched about all of this. I think the rest of the offense, i.e., the running game (passing game turned around last week) turns around, or at least begins to, starting this week in practice, and in the Skins game.

irocdave

Reaction score
Ifedi is known to have a mean streak, D Brown does as well, and looks to be bigger and obviously more established than GI. Nothing but good is going to come from picking up DB, but next seasons training camp will be much more interesting.

Bennett, Clark and or any other D lineman wont be pushing DB around and if DB decides the vets are beating up on his pups, it could get ugly. I bet next training camp will look different than the past 5 years....Not to mention Pete's compete for everything every day mentality, that works for the younger guys, not so much for all pro vets, especially the veteran big boys on the O line.

massari

Reaction score
irocdave":5d7wzzb7 said:
Bennett, Clark and or any other D lineman wont be pushing DB around and if DB decides the vets are beating up on his pups, it could get ugly. I bet next training camp will look different than the past 5 years....Not to mention Pete's compete for everything every day mentality, that works for the younger guys, not so much for all pro vets, especially the veteran big boys on the O line.
Kinda wanna see Brown and Clark fight, just outta curiosity :snack:

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
Thank You John Schneider! To quote Russell Wilson Hell Yeah.

Lose Malik get Sheldon
Lose Avril get Freeney
Lose George get Duane

Just your everyday all pro's.

This is going to be a hell of a ride. Enjoy the journey.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Duane Brown
"Germain, I'll show you how to NOT be a one-man wrecking crew drive stopper with all your penalties, if you let me have 76."

kidhawk

Reaction score
netskier":2qaj3710 said:
1. Pocic will benefit playing next to Duane, talking to him, knowing that Duane has his left side covered, etc.

Although I believe this to be true in the long run, ironically, it was Pocic teaching Brown a thing or two in his first practice. From what I heard, he was helping Brown learn the lingo. Communication is important, and once Brown learns the lingo of our offensive line, I'm certain he'll be reciprocating many times over in helping with technique and also in just being aware of what defenses are doing across from them from play to play.

netskier

Reaction score
kidhawk":36qpeu8y said:
netskier":36qpeu8y said:

Although I believe this to be true in the long run, ironically, it was Pocic teaching Brown a thing or two in his first practice. From what I heard, he was helping Brown learn the lingo. Communication is important, and once Brown learns the lingo of our offensive line, I'm certain he'll be reciprocating many times over in helping with technique and also in just being aware of what defenses are doing across from them from play to play.

Yeah. I think I read something about that.

A friend told me that Pete offered him the job this season of something like "Offensive Quality Control Supervisor". I said "What's that?". He answered basically what you said above that "Communication is important.". Different coaches tend to use slightly different words and expressions to say the same thing, and this impairs the ability of the players to learn. So the quality control guy attends all of the meetings, and catches this in real time, and provides the agreed upon nomenclature, to keep everyone on the same page. I presume there is a similar guy handling the defensive meetings.

My friend refused the job: 90 hrs per week is too tiring; wife would not go; he would miss his wife, etc.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kidhawk":20g9sq0s said:
netskier":20g9sq0s said:

Yeah it is like showing your new boss where everything is located in the building, office and what the security pass code to the alarm is.

Latest posts