If you are lucky enough to get invited to the combine...

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Tired of this bullshit. You're being paid to show up for a job interview. If you're not going to work out, then don't go. They need to lay down the law.
I’m sure if you had that 1% talent you would just bow down and do whatever you were told to do…right?
Have you ever negotiated an employment contract? Would you concede all of your leverage to appease the boss?

Were you tired when Andrew Luck, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan or Sam Bradford didn’t participate or is there some other reason you’re taking exception with this class?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Me, personally, I would definitely participate in the Combine if I was invited.

I gotta assume these guys watch the combine themselves in some way shape or form.

I would love to know where I can stand on these “drills and tests” they go through.

I want to be able to tell my kids and show them, I was part of the combine.

I mean in the off season, players will have to train regardless, if they are expecting to play in the NFL starting August….so why not train and then do the combine?? I definitely see it as a win win situation.

If you’re a player, you already put on film what you’ve done on the field and even if you have a mediocre combine, or do not get the numbers you want, your tape is still the standard “review” metric.

I would love to do the combine but some players do not see it this way and they opt out. That’s okay, that’s their choice. They may be afraid of the results or afraid their stock will drop, I guess. If players opt out, more players should be invited to take the open spots….

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The difference between #1 and #5 is roughly 6 million. Legit players have moved up and down significantly due to combine performance. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for a guy that is by most accounts a lock for the #1 overall pick to see only downside to participating.

Caleb Williams cares about one thing......himself.

Ryan Leaf 2.0
How do you know this?