If you are lucky enough to get invited to the combine...

Chukarhawk

Reaction score

, you work out, you do everything they ask.

Tired of this bullshit. You're being paid to show up for a job interview. If you're not going to work out, then don't go. They need to lay down the law.

Last edited by a moderator:

12forlife

Reaction score
It's such a dog & pony show. In today's world with all the video content they could ask for available at their finger tips. The underwear Olympics can go away imo? I mean they most all have pro days & Senior Bowl to get measurables. Combine is for interviews, and to discuss possible trades.

toffee

Reaction score
Tired of this bullshit. You're being paid to show up for a job interview. If you're not going to work out, then don't go. They need to lay down the law.
You sir are so not getting it. This is how it goes in the mind of Celabs of the world: they will grace a team with their talent and be the team's savior if the team licks their behind skillfully and willingly offers part ownership in return for the miracles that these stars shall bring with them.

Now, imagine you are the coaches that have to coach them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chukarhawk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Yep. They should have overseers out there on horses with whips to encourage these lazy bums to work harder.
They are getting paid to be there. Can you imagine going to an interview, being asked to "gasp!" actually demonstrate a task commonly performed at your job and saying, "nah dog I'm good, where the food at?".

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The nfl doesn’t mandate anyone do anything at the combine, which is why so,e don’t.

renofox

Reaction score
They are getting paid to be there. Can you imagine going to an interview, being asked to "gasp!" actually demonstrate a task commonly performed at your job and saying, "nah dog I'm good, where the food at?".
As of 2022, players were not getting paid. I read an article 2 years ago about agents having to advance players travel money to attend. Players who attend then don't get drafted are screwed. I am unable to find if that has since changed.

The combine is not equivalent to a typical job interview. The players are offering their truly unique individual talent that cannot be replicated by anyone else. They have already spent years demonstrating the "task commonly performed at your job" and it is all on film for any prospective contract partner.

The NFL Draft System already creates a power imbalance in favor of the owners. Why should players feel any pressure to perform like trained monkeys to please any future contract partners? Players are there for interviews to find partnership fits, and have every right to spend time meeting with team representatives to find good fits and persuade those teams to 'hire' them.

They also have the right to tell teams in which they have no interest "don't draft me" for whatever reason they choose.

The combine is about a lot more than tasks and numbers. It's good to see players utilizing their leverage to tweak a system that is rigged against them in the name of "competitive balance".

If a team is interested in further observation, they can send reps to the players' home ground for their pro-day.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Some already KNOW that they're getting Drafted, and see no point in risking doing something dumb and maybe raise a red flag.

Rat

Reaction score
Does the league compensate the players who fall in the draft because of injuries sustained at the combine? I'm guessing they don't.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If you think you’re good enough to not even do medical at the combine, then why go?
Interviews. Caleb also got measured while there. And he stuck around to support the other guys who were there.

Jayden Daniels did not do measurements or workout. I don’t know if he was still there when the other QBs worked out yesterday.

RedAlice

Reaction score

Why are you personally tired of it?

And who needs to lay down the law?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Yep. They should have overseers out there on horses with whips to encourage these lazy bums to work harder.

Right, whip those boys! lol.

I didnt pay too much attention, but the major news was the Worthy dude breaking the WR 40 time.

He clearly did the combine right and it benefited him.

I doubt it hurts anyone who didn’t participate fully.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Interviews. Caleb also got measured while there. And he stuck around to support the other guys who were there.

Jayden Daniels did not do measurements or workout. I don’t know if he was still there when the other QBs worked out yesterday.

Wait, caleb said he refused all medical,which includes measurements.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Wait, caleb said he refused all medical,which includes measurements.

Nope.

Caleb Williams: While Williams became the first prospect to attend the combine but not undergo any medical tests, he did get measured in Indianapolis. And if anyone was slighting the likely No. 1 overall pick for his physical stature, there's not much reason to.

Full Measurements here:

While top prospects Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels and Drake Maye aren't throwing at the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine, almost all of the QBs underwent measurements Saturday morning in Indianapolis.

Here are the full list of measurements for the position, including winners and losers based on heights, weights, hand size and more.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Does it matter at this point?

The NFL needs to move it back to its original format. Them moving it to prime time times is dumb for the players. The players don't want to really do the drills in the first place. Then making it later in the day, increases the chances of injuries.

But at the end of the day -- who cares. We have no say in all of this. The Combine has become a TV show...Plus the players are so much more accessible throughout the season. You don't go to the Combine to be 'discovered' anymore.

Lennie

Reaction score