If we continue to lose games, it will be interesting...

irocdave

Reaction score
Much to early to start this conversation....When it is time, the answer will always be the same, if there is a chance at making the playoffs, you do what it takes to get there.

Rat

Reaction score
Nobody is saying we shouldn't try to make the playoffs, especially with this team.

If you're not going to make the playoffs, I think the Colts are a good example of why it can be better to be really bad rather than kind of bad. They've done better than teams like the Bears that seem to draft in the 14-20 range every year.

Also, momentum for non-playoff teams is so overrated. There's nothing that shows a team that wins their last three games to get to 7-9 is any better off the following season than a team that lost its last three and finished 4-12.

I think most of us agree that it was good this team played so poorly in Mora's only season. It caused the team to clean house and bring Carroll aboard, which has been one of the best things that has ever happened. If we had won a few more games that year, who know where this team would be now?

seahawksny

Reaction score
HawkGA":3d6ot9zn said:
If this team rights the ship enough to have a shot at the playoffs, I pity the higher seeds. I think this is definitely a team that could go 3 road games to the Super Bowl. Not saying they would, but saying they are probably one of the most likely teams to be able to do it.

Last three years, yes. This year I'm not seeing how they are capable of this

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkfish":3hlbg3im said:
Thinking today it's been years since I have participated in the debate, "would you rather go into the playoffs as a WC and lose or just not go as it gives you higher draft picks?"

I pray that we don't have to have these discussions in a month or so...

Go Hawks!
I hope not either but HawksGA is absolutely correct. This team reminds me of the Giants that beat the Perfect Patriots....but if we lose enough to make the playoffs an unrealistic goal I'd hope we go the tank for Luck route. Either be hot or cold because lukewarm is the ticket to the hell of Purgatory.

Like that Giants team the Seahawks are a hot mess that had serious postseason experience and success at all levels that got their act together when it counted. IF they make the playoffs the seed isn't going to matter you can trust that.

I sure wouldn't bet on Atlanta or Carolina to beat us when it's playoff time and I know they aren't skeered of the Packers, Lambeau or not.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It has been such a strange year. The last couple seasons (before Super Bowl), coming back and winning in the 4th was pretty common. This year, blowing leads has become common. Makes zero sense, but there are so many factors in why they are losing. Not just the D, not just the O etc.

massari

Reaction score
I'd rather the Seahawks go 2-14 and get a top draft pick than go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

However, I do believe the Seahawks will make the playoffs and be 11-5 or 10-6 by seasons end.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":30ahfsew said:
torontoseahawk":30ahfsew said:
we traded away our first round pick for next year?

Nope, but we traded it for this years's draft and we got Graham, and as well a 4th for Unger.

But it is highly likely that come draft time they will trade the pick away.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
The only team tanking would benefit would be the Saints as they have our #1 this year.

Treghc

Reaction score
There is zero reason to play for higher draft picks. Look at how many really high picks have worked out (very few). It's not worth it at all. Always compete. Always learn. Always try your hardest.

crosfam

Reaction score
Last year we drafted in the dreaded 31st slot (meaning we lost the SB, 32 is better). We left with 2 top ten picks - Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett. it does not matter that they were picked in rounds 2 and 3, they are top ten talent.

The Patriots have not drafted very high in the last decade, yet they draft fairly well.

The Browns have drafted three QBs in the first round over the last 5-7 years, and none are starting for them.

I will take drafting late any day.

Latest posts