If we are trading DK in the offseason

OP
OP
Seahawkwalt1967

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Not especially but..we are 6-6 w him. I’d prefer to see what a new oc can do w him but if someone dangles 2 firsts.. we can always hope for a Tank Dell in the latter rounds

hoxrox

Reaction score
DK had a huge game, but JSN needs to be the "possession" receiver going forward.

Jac

Reaction score
In your scenario, Schneider would be doing the trading "of"...not trading "for". Inappropriately high draft picks is typically only involved in the latter.

GemCity

Reaction score
Not liking the idea of trading DK…

PhxPhin

Reaction score
Not liking the idea of trading DK…
Yeah. I don't get it.

I understand he's a bit flamboyant and polarizing, not in the elite tier of WRs, but very good and the contract isn't rough to the production

Continue to integrate JSN more for sure, develop more for the WR group as a whole.

I just wouldn't look to shed talent out of that group unless you get a sure shot situation

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
If someone wanted two 1sts for DK then I think you'd have to consider it, especially if the said team was drafting in the Top 15. Atlanta, Green Bay, Tennessee, and Indy could use a #1 and it could be tempting if they'd rather get a commodity that is known and could still grow, especially in a new system.

flv2

Reaction score
Listen to offers and do whatever seems best, but this would be a bottom 10 offense without him, (maybe bottom 3).

taylorvon29

Reaction score
Not sure why you'd trade away a position of strength. Get coaches in here who can utilize the talent at hand

seabowl

Reaction score
Most of the time they do not use DK correctly. That is why people are suggesting, potentially trading him, especially if Pete is going to remain the coach.

djb28

Reaction score
Why would you get rid of someone you are ultimately going to be looking for? He can run He can catch. His routes are getting better and he is a good dude. Makes no sense.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
DK had a huge game, but JSN needs to be the "possession" receiver going forward.

I'm pretty sure he has. I think Lockette has been supplanted to the #3 at this point.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think JSN becomes the #1 and I think DK is the ideal #2 or 1B. If Seattle would just use DK to his strengths and not “avoid the middle of the field because you get more turnovers” Pete Carroll style offense he would be a monster as we saw. A creative coach who has full reign would get more out of DK imo.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I think JSN becomes the #1 and I think DK is the ideal #2 or 1B. If Seattle would just use DK to his strengths and not “avoid the middle of the field because you get more turnovers” Pete Carroll style offense he would be a monster as we saw. A creative coach who has full reign would get more out of DK imo.
Pete just isn’t creative.

I like DK and would want him to stay and just crush, but I hate seeing Seattle have clear and talented players but used incorrectly or not to their fullest because Pete tries to mold the player around his scheme rather that the opposite.

NoGain

Reaction score
If we can get two firsts for DK (I have my doubts), I'd do it in a minute. We're in need of as much draft capital as we can possibly accrue to give us maximum draft flexibility/ammo in order to position ourselves to get a potential QBOTF, which we've been absolutely negligent about for some years now.

The fact of the matter is you can get a quality WR in the draft for a fraction of the cost of DK a lot easier than you can get a potential QBOTF. Sure, we might take a step back for a bit in the quality of our receiving corp, but getting a potential QBOTF on a five year rookie contract gives us all sorts of future flexibility.

Last edited:

hoxrox

Reaction score
Wasn't that first TD to DK over the middle though? Wasn't the seam route to Dissly over the middle?

This is fan fiction that is being perpetuated. No one has been able to provide any proof that Pete has explicit said they actively avoid the middle of the field. They threw all over the middle last season as well. Passing charts show this.

Latest posts