If Thurmond goes down

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I contimplated making the topic "When Thurmond goes down " but that's not wishful thinking .

Does Winfield unretire and rejoin the squadrine ?

Mick063

Reaction score
Next man up. Maxwell, then Lane.

After seven weeks, Simon.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Would definitely be reassuring to have him on speed dial.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1txeiydi said:
I contimplated making the topic "When Thurmond goes down " but that's not wishful thinking .

Did I miss something? Winfield retired?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
UGotHawked":a6ykcffs said:
EastCoastHawksFan":a6ykcffs said:

Did I miss something? Winfield retired?
Sort of he retired , but the Seahawks cut him and that way he was paid not the full amount but 500k I believe.

drdiags

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":10n2fxrp said:

Think about it. Vikings cut Winfield but comes back to offer him $3M to re-sign with them. He takes a cheaper offer from the Seahawks at 1/2 the money because he was not happy with how the Vikings handled his release. He then gets cut by the Seahawks on the countdown to 53 after thinking he had at least the nickle position claimed. He decides to hang them up.

Fast forward to week 1 and Thurmond pulls a hammy. Would Winfield swallow his pride to come back to this team where he has little connection when he wouldn't consider going back to the Vikings where he was worshiped? Plus he had several teams interested in bringing him in after the Seahawks cut him, but he declined.

I cannot see him coming back here under any circumstances.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Win is a 15 year vet, he's made a lot of money.
I think he came to Seattle for the ring, and nothing else.
He knew the Vikings weren't going to make a real noise with Ponder.
But you have to think if this team were 5-0, and something bad happened.
That he wouldn't at least consider it.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Just ordered my WTIII jersey today. So sick of the hate on this board. Unger part II.

*Love my Ducks

kearly

Reaction score
I thought Thurmond was a stud in 2011 and 2012, albeit only in a few games because of injuries. This preseason he's looked pretty ordinary compared to before. I still think he's our 3rd best corner, but it no longer seems like there is a massive gulf between him and the rest of the CB depth chart.

Then again, sometimes preseason performances can be a fluke. We've seen plenty of good preseason performers who weren't the same in real games and we've seen some guys suck horribly in the preseason yet turned into pleasant surprises in real games.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I can tell you Xs and Os up the ying yang with the best of them and I've had serious doubts that WT3 would ever stay healthy and also thought that folks were too quick to anoint him. However, in the back of my mind I've always thought about that player who is injured for 2-3 years that all of the sudden makes the pro bowl. Thurmond has been as tough as I have seen him and am more than willing to say I was flat out wrong that I had doubts based on injury. His health/structural integrity is holding up right now. He's thicker and more muscular. An improved WT3 is quite the player and I'm certainly content to see how his future plays out here in WA at this juncture. He's earned it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Officially going on record here as on board the WTIII bandwagon. He will have a great season for us this year.
He will stay healthy enough to play all year and make key plays for us.

James Carpenter, now that's the guy I have no idea about, if this will be "the year" for him to stay healthy.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Thurmond looks confident. He played this preseason with determination, fire, and physicality. He did not look timid or hindered by any stretch of the imagination. In good health he helps make us probably the best secondary in the pro game's history.

redhawk253

Reaction score
kearly":20c32jdv said:
I thought Thurmond was a stud in 2011 and 2012, albeit only in a few games because of injuries. This preseason he's looked pretty ordinary compared to before. I still think he's our 3rd best corner, but it no longer seems like there is a massive gulf between him and the rest of the CB depth chart.

Then again, sometimes preseason performances can be a fluke. We've seen plenty of good preseason performers who weren't the same in real games and we've seen some guys suck horribly in the preseason yet turned into pleasant surprises in real games.

Uhhhh were you watching the wrong birds? Cuz thurmond has looked amazing this preseason and ive been wishing he could stay healthy the past 2 seasons because he has always looked.. Really good when hes been on the field.

Lets not forget this guy was a projected 1st rounder til he got injured. Its never been a question of talent with him.. Its simply if his body can take the beating. I have a good feeling about him this year.. Hes taken some awkard spills and some licks n i keep expecting him to get up gimpy but everytime he seems to just spring right up to his feet and he has some bounce to his step afterwards which tells me hes feeling pretty confident n sure of himself like hes feeling better physically than he has in a long time.

Latest posts