If Russell Wilson wins the Super Bowl this year...

If Russell Wilson wins the Super Bowl as a rookie, does he become GOAT in Seattle in one year?

• Yes

Votes: 103 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 22.6%

• Total voters

Fox0r

Reaction score
Does he instantly become the greatest Seattle athlete of all time?

drdiags

Reaction score
Nope. He would be idolized but unless he has an herculean effort to win the game single-handed, he has to share the glory with others on the team. Heat of the moment would probably have folks thinking he was. Maybe he would be?

zhawk

Reaction score
no, but it's a good start. and I love this kid!

The Radish

Reaction score
Lots of Sonics would be in that discussion and maybe even some baseball players back when Seattle had a professional baseball team.

:les:

Cartire

Reaction score
You guys, the first meaningful trophy seattle will have taken home ever. Seattle has never hoisted the Lombardi. Being the first QB to do it in 37 years of Hawk history is absolutely remarkable. The fact that hes a rookie, priceless.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Radish":10jw0ovd said:
Lots of Sonics would be in that discussion and maybe even some baseball players back when Seattle had a professional baseball team.

:les:

LOL...I had to read that twice.

A SB win would put him up there with the greats. That's for sure. 2 SBs and he surpasses Griffey and Payton, IMO. Perhaps even A-Rod (j/k).

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Who would you guys rank higher?

I am willing to bet our all timers would trade all their stats for a championship.

I vote YES.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I'll be too busy ejaculating to pontificate on Russell Wilson's greatness. :)

drdiags

Reaction score
Cartire":2yixw779 said:
You guys, the first meaningful trophy seattle will have taken home ever. Seattle has never hoisted the Lombardi. Being the first QB to do it in 37 years of Hawk history is absolutely remarkable. The fact that hes a rookie, priceless.

So you just really want to forget the Supersonics ever existed? The NBA trophy does mean something. I understand the awe factor but lets not act like he is the only athlete to ever do anything meaningful in this city.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
The Mariners don't have a AL pennant let alone a WS.

The Oklahoma City Thunder have a single championship in 1979.

From an outsiders perspective, only Griffey Jr. is in the conversation just for his career and association with the Mariners. To be frank, I wasn't alive in 1979 so I can certainly not attest to the impact of the 1979 team on the city of Seattle.

I can assure you though, that when Wilson wins a SB (whether this year or not) he will be the greatest Seattle professional sports athlete ever.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
drdiags":rzxxxwmo said:
Cartire":rzxxxwmo said:

So you just really want to forget the Supersonics ever existed? The NBA trophy does mean something. I understand the awe factor but lets not act like he is the only athlete to ever do anything meaningful in this city.

Nor the only member of the 2012 Seattle Seahawks.

Cartire

Reaction score
A Rookie QB has never won the superbowl.

Seattle has never won a superbowl.

The Mariners have never given us a Title.

We have no more NBA team.

If he became the NFL first rookie ever at the same time giving Seattle its first Title. He would be the instant all time great.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1bxgrmy1 said:
Ya, but as much as I love this kid, he's not going to do it all by himself,,He will be the most improved Quarterback Seattle has ever had tho.

hawktawk

Reaction score
If Russell Wilson brings home the Lombardi Trophy things will be a little different around these parts I'm afraid. For starters, Russattle, Wilsington has a nice ring.

two dog

Reaction score
I dunno, when the Sonics went all the way there were t-shirts for all starting five around
Seattle and Lenny Wilkens could have been elected Governor. If you weren't there,
it's easier to dismiss their championship.

During the Don James era, Huskies football was very important to the local sports psyche.
Some of the best sports moments of the 80's came from that program. (like cleaning
the Ducks' clock every year).

Because Russell was a (big) missing piece, he does not deserve all the credit for what this
team has accomplished. As lots of quarterbacks have said: The quarterback gets too much
credit when they win and too much blame when they lose.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2u4w8k9b said:
A Rookie QB has never won the superbowl.

Seattle has never won a superbowl.

The Mariners have never given us a Title.

We have no more NBA team.

If he became the NFL first rookie ever at the same time giving Seattle its first Title. He would be the instant all time great.

This.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Griffey, A-rod are you shitting me? If we win the Superbowl this year with a Rookie QB running the show He would instantly become the man amongst all those greats! I was a huge Kemp-Payton era sonics fan, and countless Seahawks before Russell but none of them delivered this towns first and only NFL Championship with a rookie at the helm. Hell that accomplishment alone would likely get him into the HOF just because it has never been done before!

My opinion entirely! Go Hawks!

birdman5

Reaction score
two dog":3r7u1mdo said:
I dunno, when the Sonics went all the way there were t-shirts for all starting five around
Seattle and Lenny Wilkens could have been elected Governor. If you weren't there,
it's easier to dismiss their championship.

During the Don James era, Huskies football was very important to the local sports psyche.
Some of the best sports moments of the 80's came from that program. (like cleaning
the Ducks' clock every year).

Because Russell was a (big) missing piece, he does not deserve all the credit for what this
team has accomplished. As lots of quarterbacks have said: The quarterback gets too much
credit when they win and too much blame when they lose.

This