If I Was Steven Hauschka...

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
First, I would develop my leg strength and work on my deep FG range.

Secondly, I would go up to Pete Carroll, ask him to put on his creative thinking cap, and take a page out of Jeff Fisher's playbook to develop me as a QB.

Knowing I wouldn't be any good at first, but also knowing that if I worked hard, trained harder, gaining 10-15 pounds to put me at 6'4, 220-225 pounds... I would have at minimum prototypical size like Johnny Hekker (6'5, 227) with at least a concept of how to throw a ball the right way.

If I progressed well enough by pre-season, and Pete Carroll still liked the idea to allow me to keep training as a K and somewhat a QB, I know I would add an element of value to my position and give the Seahawks another trick up their sleeve, and give me somewhat the legs up in the Kicking competition.

Give me a year or two to work on my QB skills as well and I could very well be better than lets say Tim Tebow. J/K.

(Sorry, I was bored. LOL)

mikeak

Reaction score
Or he could have a kid give him HGH now as the kid isn't tested and then work on his kicking for the next 15 years and seriously cash in

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3q7nnnw7 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3q7nnnw7 said:
(Sorry, I was bored. LOL)

Well, thanks for that?

I wouldn't declare precedent though. Not around here.

Well, yeah... its all serious analysis around HERE. Yet, the true beauty of any analysis or form of writing is going where no one thinks to go but staying within the boundaries of realistic possibility.

While some will write this off as some sort of drug-induced nonsense... I say to anyone, at 6-4, 210 pounds, Steven Hauschka has a chance and potential to develop an unique skillset like trick-play QB more so than most kickers in the NFL. Granted, of course, he has the opportunity, leniency, and support to do such a thing.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
He is tall, you're right on that. Might be why he never panned out in "the world's game"...

-SH

NoChops

Reaction score
bored? and on drugs apparently, He could show up to camp and say "I wanna play QB" and already be better than Tebow.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I can't wait for training camp to start. For some reason these kind of topics disappear when camp starts.

godawg

Reaction score
But until training camp starts, we'll need more of these topics to keep us entertained. Have at it Pandion, it's a lot of time to kill.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":130k285e said:
First, I would develop my leg strength and work on my deep FG range.

I don't think it's as easy as "just developing leg strength". He's been doing this awhile, I suspect he's reached the limits of his physical development.

Besides, we are not a team that needs long field goals to win. Very few of our games come down to long field goals that win or lose. What we need is a reliable extra point guy, because we are going to be hanging TDs left and right.

:th2thumbs:

The Radish

Reaction score
If you were Steven Hauschka you would be an above average field goal kicker for the Seattle Seahawks.

:roll:

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Why are we even looking for a LB when we can pack some pounds on Hauschka and wreck some players.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I think Hauschka should develop his footspeed and become the gunner on his own kickoffs.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'd tell him to put on about 200 pounds and become an OT.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
If he bulked up and improved his speed and outside move he could be a pass rushing DE.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
jkitsune":2e64esns said:
I think Hauschka should develop his footspeed and become the gunner on his own kickoffs.

lol. Why not just dedicate his entire craft to perfecting onside kicks if he's gonna spend time working on something?