Identity of tendered offers coming in for Seahawks

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/707679864057298945[/tweet]

McGruff

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2bek0r9u said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/707680229716721665[/tweet]

I still suspect Michael is on the radar, but probably for longer/cheaper than the one year deal.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Although he struggled last year, the Bailey thing is kind of surprising.

Seems like another guy who came in with a lot of potential and fell victim to the randomness of Cable's doghouse.

HawkGA

Reaction score
McGruff":2zm4r87b said:
KitsapGuy":2zm4r87b said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/707680229716721665[/tweet]

I still suspect Michael is on the radar, but probably for longer/cheaper than the one year deal.

I would think most of these guys are potential bring-backs on minimum deals rather than the tenders. I would be surprised if any of them attracted interest from other teams, but if they do, more power to them.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Basis4day":3c3c690n said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/707679864057298945[/tweet]

Given that there was uncertainty as to whether Alvin Bailey wanted to continue to compete with the Seahawks, passing on tendering Bailey makes sense. The offensive line has a lot of work in front of it. There is only room for guys that buy in without reservation. I anticipate that Bailey will want to take some time to look for a greener pasture. I had hoped for more from him last year.

Christine Michael still has a lot of work in front of him. Giving him the choice of where he wants to do that makes a lot of sense. To return to Seattle he must buy in and work at it .... without distractions or any reservations. I would think the door remains open to sit down and talk about a return.

A lot of questions about the health of Ricardo Lockette remains. There is plenty of time to see how his future shakes out.

Fullback is not typically an early priority. So allowing Derrick Coleman to become a free agent should surprise no one. Besides, procession of synthetic marijuana as a possible contributor to a big impact traffic accident in the middle of the season doesn't instill trust. But, I would think the door is open to sit down and talk about a return.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Jville":2he997oo said:
A lot of questions about the health of Ricardo Lockette remains. There is plenty of time to see how his future shakes out.

There's no question in my mind that his career is over.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3etjtleo said:
Jville":3etjtleo said:

There's no question in my mind that his career is over.

I also think Ricardo has played his last snap ...... [tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/708012271230803968[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Here is a scary thought ..... [tweet]https://twitter.com/AOLSports/status/708053570919260161[/tweet]

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jville":2zmftlyy said:
hawkfan68":2zmftlyy said:
Cooper Helfet? What a waste of money. There are better options in the draft than him.

I suppose it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Helfet has earned the trust of coaching staff and quarterback. He runs reliable routes. He offers versatility including significant special teams snaps. His continuity dates back to 2012. $600K is a solid number for an experienced #3 tight end and special teams veteran. Besides, this year challenges are no different different than last year. He still has to win a job on the 2016 team.

I also like the tender number on Deshawn Shead. He is needed for continuity and depth on both the defense and special teams.

IMO ...... Too much print is overdone on stars and "potential stars". The important contributions of a competent supporting roster is overlooked, understated and under appreciated. Fortunately, these tender revelations reinforce Pete and Johns' competence in building a roster for 2016.

Ditto. Helfet is one of those X-factor players that can actually be a difference maker as a pass-catching TE, when the "real TEs" in front of him are banged up, as they often are. His blocking may not be great, and this last year it seemed like he had a couple untimely drops, but he's overall an asset in the passing game.

It's kind of like SB49, where one matchup can make a difference. We lost JLane and had to stick an injured TSimon in there to get torched by Brady and the too-quick-for-Simon NE WRs. All because Marcus Burley was on the inactive list for the game. If Burley is available, the small quick NE WRs don't beat him like a drum like they did Simon. That's not even talking about SBXL and Etric Pruitt, man-off-the-street at SS...

By playoff time, a lot of teams have very banged-up secondaries, but you're gonna need legit passing game targets to exploit that. Helfet is legit in the passing game.

There's the potential for games where one matchup can make a difference, and with the Hawks probably throwing more next year, a legit NFL pass-catching (not blocking) TE like Helfet, who knows the routes and gets open and makes the catches, can be the difference maker on a couple plays in a close game.

For $.6 per year, it's a hella cheap and decent value deal, and good for the Hawks.

Willyeye

Reaction score
olyfan63":qepm4rzm said:
Jville":qepm4rzm said:
hawkfan68":qepm4rzm said:
Cooper Helfet? What a waste of money. There are better options in the draft than him.

I suppose it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Helfet has earned the trust of coaching staff and quarterback. He runs reliable routes. He offers versatility including significant special teams snaps. His continuity dates back to 2012. $600K is a solid number for an experienced #3 tight end and special teams veteran. Besides, this year challenges are no different different than last year. He still has to win a job on the 2016 team.

I also like the tender number on Deshawn Shead. He is needed for continuity and depth on both the defense and special teams.

IMO ...... Too much print is overdone on stars and "potential stars". The important contributions of a competent supporting roster is overlooked, understated and under appreciated. Fortunately, these tender revelations reinforce Pete and Johns' competence in building a roster for 2016.

Ditto. Helfet is one of those X-factor players that can actually be a difference maker as a pass-catching TE, when the "real TEs" in front of him are banged up, as they often are. His blocking may not be great, and this last year it seemed like he had a couple untimely drops, but he's overall an asset in the passing game.

It's kind of like SB49, where one matchup can make a difference. We lost JLane and had to stick an injured TSimon in there to get torched by Brady and the too-quick-for-Simon NE WRs. All because Marcus Burley was on the inactive list for the game. If Burley is available, the small quick NE WRs don't beat him like a drum like they did Simon. That's not even talking about SBXL and Etric Pruitt, man-off-the-street at SS...

By playoff time, a lot of teams have very banged-up secondaries, but you're gonna need legit passing game targets to exploit that. Helfet is legit in the passing game.

There's the potential for games where one matchup can make a difference, and with the Hawks probably throwing more next year, a legit NFL pass-catching (not blocking) TE like Helfet, who knows the routes and gets open and makes the catches, can be the difference maker on a couple plays in a close game.

For $.6 per year, it's a hella cheap and decent value deal, and good for the Hawks.

Just wanted to let you know...Tharold Simon was playing in SB49 with a dislocated shoulder and a fully torn labrum. It was idiotic to not include Burley on the active roster and depending on Simon to play that role in that game. I was so ticked off...I didn't even realize at the time that Burley was inactive. It's one thing for them to let Earl or Sherm play through an injury in that game, but Simon is no Earl or Sherm.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. It was clear Simon wasn't 100% but what I didn't know was whether Burley was nicked up. How ironic that maybe the biggest SB49 coaching mistake was having the wrong guy active for the game.
One thing I love about Pete's approach is the attention to the bottom end of the roster and getting as much quality there as possible. Classics were Heath Farwell making a goal line stop to win the Rams game a few years ago.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Bailey was no surprise as I highly suspect Britt will be taking over the multi-purpose back up role. Alvin was already not too happy with the situation here and Cable didn't really like him.

Lockette never added much to the passing game but he was our best gunner on ST. We now have McCray who managed to somehow be even better on ST than Ricardo and adds more to the roster as #2 SS than Lockette does as a #5 WR. Couple that with a dangerous injury and I can't see us keeping him.

Coleman has been done for a long time now. Causing traffic accidents under influence, while being highly replacable should mean the end of his stint with us.

Christine Michael was the only surprise out of the 4. Going into next year with a promising 2nd year back recovering from an injury backed up by two unproven rookies at RB is a scary thought. I think they either have another vet on their radar or are going to try and get Michael on the cheap.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I want Michael back and loved what he did late in the year.

Latest posts