Idea for our D's nickname next year...

Aircrew

Reaction score
Just me talking here, but I'm of the school that nicknames are earned by performance. Back in my flying days, if you gave yourself a callsign before it was earned and given to you, it automatically defaulted to "cupcake". I vote we let them play and see how they perform as a unit, the most appropriate name will come.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Just me talking here, but I'm of the school that nicknames are earned by performance. Back in my flying days, if you gave yourself a callsign before it was earned and given to you, it automatically defaulted to "cupcake". I vote we let them play and see how they perform as a unit, the most appropriate name will come.

This analogy doesn't really work does it? The players aren't giving themselves a nickname, the fans are...It may be premature, but your comparison is off.

Aircrew

Reaction score
This analogy doesn't really work does it? The players aren't giving themselves a nickname, the fans are...It may be premature, but your comparison is off.
Point being, let's wait to crown them anything before they actually get on the field and show us what they've got. God forbid we anoint them the second coming of the Legion and they end up being average or worse, we'd never hear the end of it from the whiner fans.

Attachments

• sUiarl4.jpeg
    sUiarl4.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 2

GGotskill

Reaction score
Point being, let's wait to crown them anything before they actually get on the field and show us what they've got. God forbid we anoint them the second coming of the Legion and they end up being average or worse, we'd never hear the end of it from the whiner fans.

Yeah, god forbid fans have any fun. People on the internet might tease us!

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmmm right now based on last year the Seahawks Sieve.

Let them earn one, LOB is already taken historically and forever. They need a new name not a re run name.