I still dont get it!

Jac

Reaction score
OK, i didn't see any of that, because I watched only the 'highlights' 2 hours postgame.
If your account is accurate, it really makes some of the nfl podcasters sound rotten.
I'll begin with former Steeler Ryan Clark, who put all the blame on Hackett.
Ryan Clark was blaming Hackett, for not letting Russ 'win' the game...Ryan Clark obviousfly dismissed the possibility of RW failure as absurd...
Just to confirm: I thought a 64 yard FG attempt was the wrong decision for Denver, and a hopeful decision for us.

You can watch the full sequence here:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Ultimately the blame is on Hackett he's the head coach. I do put some blame on Russ. He should of called a timeout and went over to the coach and said "lets think about this" but he didn't. Russ was moving the ball at will most of the game and it wasn't like the offense was struggling. I think Hackett in his first game as a coach just blew it. That offense is going to get better and better though.
Broncos scored 16 points! I'd hardly call that 'moving the ball at will.' What good is moving the ball if you aren't scoring points?

They let Russ cook, and he burned the pot!

TwilightError

Reaction score
I dont believe for one second that Russ didn’t have a say in that decision. He did not have the guts to go for it. If he had, he would have gotten his will through the rookie head coach. That is why he went to Denver.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
You can watch the full sequence here:

Thanks for that, which impugns all the broadcasters.
Even Steve Raible and Dave Whyman could have asked, "What the Hell is Russ doing, waving his arms around with 3 timeouts and 59 seconds on the clock?"
Peyton is hand signalling "timeout". Eli says, "Sutton looks confused."
No one wants to blame Russell Carrrington Wilson.
The NFL media are totally ROTTEN!

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
Russell and Hackett are 50/50 we have been told endlessly all off season. It’s just as much on Russ for not taking matters into his own hands as it is on Hackett. Rough day for the Russ lovers man.
I have to agree. #3 wanted control. They're going to have big problems that will result in Hackett
getting the axe. These QBs hold more power than ever and I feel it sets a bad precedent. Teams
start fracturing into tribes and there's no clear direction. Look at Aaron Rodgers for example . Tom
Brady would be the exception.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
God you're sensitive Hawk Strong. Why are you taking it so personally? Do you.
Taking away fans excitement? What are you even talking about? I was in the stands and screaming my a** off all night and am enjoying every minute of it. Why would I actually not want people to also enjoy a win? Are you ok? They won the game, nothing else matters. It's gonna' be ok.

Last edited:

HawkStrong

Reaction score
God you're sensitive Hawk Strong. Why are you taking it so personally? Do you.
Taking away fans excitement? What are you even talking about? I was in the stands and screaming my a** off all night and am enjoying every minute of it. Why would I actually not want people to also enjoy a win? Are you ok? They won the game, nothing else matters. It's gonna' be ok.

Sensitive? LMAO because I told you to stop telling fans to move on? Ok, sweetheart. You are all over these boards telling fans how to act; not a good look. I am not sure why you would not want people to enjoy the win, but this is you:

"Meh, the game is over, might be time to get over it and move on. Hawks got the last laugh. Next"

Now you tell me, are you ok? Why does other people having fun make you feel like less of a man? Might be time for you to get over yourself and move on. Next!

pmedic920

Reaction score
My understanding is that they had a 4th &5 play called. I assume it’s the reason the offense and Russ were on the field.

Having said that, you decide.
Did Russ call time out because he’s saw a defense he couldn’t beat with the called play, did he “chicken out”, did he have the foresight to see that the loss could be placed on a kicker instead of himself.

Idk, but I suspect there was a brand being protected by said brand owner.

Also makes me wonder if our clock management issues were all on Pete C.

Been lots of speculation round these parts, I suspect the remaining games on the Broncos schedule will clear many things up.
Time will tell.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I didn't blame anyone, and didn't know Russ balked at a play called by Hatchett.
I was listening to Raible's radio broadcast, and thought it would be over if we got the stop or, McManus will kick the winner from reasonable distance, with 0 on the clock.
I will blame Hatchett for calling a useless final timeout, apparently just to delay the celebration.
What play did Hatchett call, which Russ refused to run?
I always wondered why coaches don't call all their timeouts on kneel downs anyway hoping for a miracle fumble. Not in Sxchiano style and have the DL go full speed but just make them snap the ball 1 or 2 more times just in case. The game is already lost if you don't so why take them with you?

fullquartpress

Reaction score
there was no discussion between the QB and HC, plenty of time after 2 time outs, but no verbal exchange.
Could Hackett have transmitted the dumb decision into RWC's helmet speakers?

Last edited:

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Could Hackett have transmitted the dumb decision into RWC's helmet speakers?
Up until 15 seconds (or thereabouts, not sure exact number) left on the play clock. If Russell called that timeout well past that mark, he was supposed to run a play. He wasn't attempting to draw an offsides penalty or anything else.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ultimately the blame is on Hackett he's the head coach. I do put some blame on Russ. He should of called a timeout and went over to the coach and said "lets think about this" but he didn't. Russ was moving the ball at will most of the game and it wasn't like the offense was struggling. I think Hackett in his first game as a coach just blew it. That offense is going to get better and better though.
Russ LEFT Pete & the Seahawks for MORE SAY-SO & CONTROL of the Offense, so Hackett (like Pete) is there to shoulder the blame when Russ comes up short, but will reap all the accolades for the success of the team?
Sounds eerily familiar.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Up until 15 seconds (or thereabouts, not sure exact number) left on the play clock. If Russell called that timeout well past that mark, he was supposed to run a play. He wasn't attempting to draw an offsides penalty or anything else.
And that final minute looked as if everyone was waiting for the called play, except for...
Russell Carrington Wilson.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I haven't posted once about it. You on the other hand have multiple posts telling other fans to get over it, move on, etc. Don't tell other people how to be fans, especially with how much shit Broncos fans were talking all off-season and in the stadium yesterday. You aren't the arbiter of fandom. If you don't like the way people are celebrating, don't participate. You being a Debbie downer to try and take away other fans' enjoyment is as lame as it gets.
Perhaps soulfish would like us all to move on before we realize that he was talking just as much shit as Broncos fans about our coach, team, and QB all off-season.

nanomoz

Reaction score
We can't know what they may have said/decided, either Hackett or Russ. But for me, the buck stops with Hackett.

And he should have been aware that his kicker had never made a feel goal even close to that long, but he's missed a number of them.

Wrong call. He seems to have either panicked or second-guessed himself or both.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
You give up multiple picks, you pay a top tier contract for multiple years for supposedly the savior to take you to the SB multiple years and then when the game is on the the line who do you go to???

The QB savior or a kicker attempting a 64 yard 2nd longest ever in NFL history FG not in the rarified air of Denver?

To me it says a lot about the confidence of the coach in his new prized possession. I think he KNEW RW could not pick up the fourth and 5.
The coach is an idiot.. basicaly admitted what a f up that last minute was..Even PC was stunned and the only ones who would turn it around in such a way as to say, What you just stated are on this board.