I still dont get it!

Rainger

Reaction score
You give up multiple picks, you pay a top tier contract for multiple years for supposedly the savior to take you to the SB multiple years and then when the game is on the the line who do you go to???

The QB savior or a kicker attempting a 64 yard 2nd longest ever in NFL history FG not in the rarified air of Denver?

To me it says a lot about the confidence of the coach in his new prized possession. I think he KNEW RW could not pick up the fourth and 5.

Last edited:

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Paying RW was stupid they should’ve waited to see how good he is! Broncos should’ve gone after both Lockett & Wilson to make sure Wilson is somewhat successful.

Broncos revealed to the entire world how stupid & incompetent NFL Organizations & Coaches can be.

Seahawks showed the World how Sharp NFL Organizations & Coaches could be. Clearly Seahawks know how to draft & develop young players. Penny, Haynes, Brooks, Barton, etc… all were called bust clearly they can play. Injuries happen and when it’s a problem it doesn’t necessarily mean the GM & Coaches are bad.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
You give up multiple picks, you pay a top tier contract for multiple years for supposedly the savior to take you to the SB multiple years and then when the game is on the the line who do you go to???

The QB savior or a kicker attempting a 64 yard 2nd longest ever in NFL history FG not in the rarified air of Denver?

To me it says a lot about the confidence of the coach in his new prized possession. I think he KNEW RW could not pick up the fourth and 5.
1. McManus may have been hitting from 64 in practice
2. Hackett may have sensed that the Seahawk D was coping OK, or dangerussly well.
3. If the 4th and 5 had failed, RW would have been the most obvious object of failure, so Hackett's decision protected RW from that. No one will blame McManus for that long miss.
4. Some trendy new kickers are ending games: York, yesterday in Carolina is a new one, added to McPherson, Carlson, and Tucker seem to be extending the FG range to new distances.

keasley45

Reaction score
1. McManus may have been hitting from 64 in practice
2. Hackett may have sensed that the Seahawk D was coping OK, or dangerussly well.
3. If the 4th and 5 had failed, RW would have been the most obvious object of failure, so Hackett's decision protected RW from that. No one will blame McManus for that long miss.
4. Some trendy new kickers are ending games: York, yesterday in Carolina is a new one, added to McPherson, Carlson, and Tucker seem to be extending the FG range to new distances.

Russ could have run the play that Hachett called...

You might be blaming the wrong guy.

Scout

Reaction score
It was the first game of the season which is surprising they would try a long shot FG by NFL historical standards. Some bad situation football on Denver's part.

Clearly they were not prepared.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Please don't forget that the pro-Wilson media pieces (part of Wilson's ongoing smear campaign against the Seahawks) all agreed that Wilson going to the Broncos "wasn't about the money." It was about "control." And they all agreed that he got the "control" he wanted from the Broncos. So if he'd wanted to go for it on 4th and 5, he had the "control" to be able to do so. In fact, a play was sent in, but Wilson showed that in addition to Broncos orange and blue, he's YELLOW, and preferred to reduce the risk to his brand by making sure that if the Broncos lost, he wouldn't be involved in the final play, and his coach and kicker would take the blame.

Crizilla

Reaction score
My thoughts too. Looked like it was gonna be another Russ game winning drive. 64 yarder? Denver thought the game was in Denver I guess.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Ultimately the blame is on Hackett he's the head coach. I do put some blame on Russ. He should of called a timeout and went over to the coach and said "lets think about this" but he didn't. Russ was moving the ball at will most of the game and it wasn't like the offense was struggling. I think Hackett in his first game as a coach just blew it. That offense is going to get better and better though.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Russ could have run the play that Hachett called...

You might be blaming the wrong guy.
I didn't blame anyone, and didn't know Russ balked at a play called by Hatchett.
I was listening to Raible's radio broadcast, and thought it would be over if we got the stop or, McManus will kick the winner from reasonable distance, with 0 on the clock.
I will blame Hatchett for calling a useless final timeout, apparently just to delay the celebration.
What play did Hatchett call, which Russ refused to run?

keasley45

Reaction score
I didn't blame anyone, and didn't know Russ balked at a play called by Hatchett.
I was listening to Raible's radio broadcast, and thought it would be over if we got the stop or, McManus will kick the winner from reasonable distance, with 0 on the clock.
I will blame Hatchett for calling a useless final timeout, apparently just to delay the celebration.
What play did Hatchett call, which Russ refused to run?

Whatever they were lined up for and the other 10 guys were looking at Russ for guidance on. They were watching the clock tick down and looking confused, which makes sense if the call in the huddle was Russ telling them what they were about to do and NOT telling them 'hey... we're just gonna run the clock down and kick it here'.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
We don’t need to “get it.” All we need to understand is Seattle won the game.

And Wilson will never have another shot at a first game against Seattle again! Lmao.

And to add icing on the cake, Wilson, is probably pissed (no matter what he may say publicly) he didn’t get to close out the game, cause perhaps, he now plays for a Head Coach that doesn’t quite understand situational football and clock management (which was similar to a lot instances of his previous head coach).

This has got to be again frustrating and Wilson will include this as an example of “not allowing” him to cook. Lol.

It just gets better and better.

I reckon Denver will finish last in the AFC West.

Hahahahahaahahah!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, what a blast that was, and today feels so good. I still gotta' listen to some Denver Sports Radio, should be a fun listen. You'll survive Hawkstrong. Do you, if you need to dwell for years, go for it. I'm just enjoying a great win over THE BRONCO'S. And yes, the thought of Russ flying home with a big L is awesome. "Let's Ride.............to Last place in the AFC West"

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Whatever they were lined up for and the other 10 guys were looking at Russ for guidance on. They were watching the clock tick down and looking confused, which makes sense if the call in the huddle was Russ telling them what they were about to do and NOT telling them 'hey... we're just gonna run the clock down and kick it here'.
OK, i didn't see any of that, because I watched only the 'highlights' 2 hours postgame.
If your account is accurate, it really makes some of the nfl podcasters sound rotten.
I'll begin with former Steeler Ryan Clark, who put all the blame on Hackett.
Ryan Clark was blaming Hackett, for not letting Russ 'win' the game...Ryan Clark obviousfly dismissed the possibility of RW failure as absurd...
Just to confirm: I thought a 64 yard FG attempt was the wrong decision for Denver, and a hopeful decision for us.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Yep, what a blast that was, and today feels so good. I still gotta' listen to some Denver Sports Radio, should be a fun listen. You'll survive Hawkstrong. Do you, if you need to dwell for years, go for it. I'm just enjoying a great win over THE BRONCO'S. And yes, the thought of Russ flying home with a big L is awesome. "Let's Ride.............to Last place in the AFC West"

I haven't posted once about it. You on the other hand have multiple posts telling other fans to get over it, move on, etc. Don't tell other people how to be fans, especially with how much shit Broncos fans were talking all off-season and in the stadium yesterday. You aren't the arbiter of fandom. If you don't like the way people are celebrating, don't participate. You being a Debbie downer to try and take away other fans' enjoyment is as lame as it gets.