I have a really bad feeling about this draft

Atradees

Reaction score
I didnt like the third. More talent was out there waiting to be had for the Oline. Some centers were better gets. Guards too.

Like Kearly's eval.

I think Ifedi can be a left tackle. Maybe I am the only one. We could have had Clark AND Ifedi. As it is- we are huge all over the line now. Maybe the vets will bring something to the table. I guess we will see.

The second round pick and theft from Denver was cool. I liked the later picks. We drafted too many running backs.

The UDFA's are interesting. Adams and/or Boykin in the preseason baby! That will be an interesting story line.

Its a C plus for me because of the third round. Seems like we picked three third day picks in a row. Sixth rounders.

Yes I am excited to see what happens.

Look at Dallas regretting not pickin up a QB. We got two for free. They were sweating a six seven QB. History tells us thats too tall and stiff. Sometimes its only perception. Maybe this is our best draft ever. Who knows. Got some starters likely. Didnt sign pricey free agents in a panic filled them with cheap draft picks. So that was really good work by the FO.

rideaducati

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":16eri5o9 said:
I wonder if Pete and John come on here to laugh at the people who can't admit that PCJS make mistakes on a regular basis.

2013 draft: sucked
2014 draft: sucked.

Why do so many posters on here act like Pete and John always draft well? They don't.

It's a damn shame that the people on this board have created an environment where you can only feel welcomed if you blindly support every move the Hawks make and insist that they're always the best.

Seriously.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

2013 and 2014 drafts seemed bad because we haven't seen any of the players from those drafts play yet. With basically all starting positions already locked in, it was more of a challenge for those rookies to see playing time.

Go back and look at each draft pick and then look at the starter in front of him. Do you think Christine Michael had any chance to unseat Marshawn? Was Hill or Williams gonna take snaps from Mebane or Bennett on passing downs? Simon for Sherman or Maxwell?

2013 was actually a pretty good draft because most of the players selected are still in the league and the late round guys have actually played well...just for a different team.

Perspective...

A brand new Corvette is nice, but if you already have a Porsche 911 in your garage, the Corvette isn't gonna take it's place.

Aaron Rodgers was a wasted pick for his first four years in the league too. He also had an entrenched starter in front of him.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3d4lnwix said:
But again, your opinion is as valid as anyone else's and you shouldn't be afraid to disagree

This is very true. Everyone on here has just as much right to post his or her opinion. So keep posting!

But let's not pretend that all opinions are equal in value; many are filled with ignorance and speculation, and even emotional attachment to specific players. There are others here who follow College ball, do their own scouting, and are prepared to speak with quite a depth of knowledge and are closer to "experts" on the subject. Their opinions are more balanced, educated, and closer to reality. This doesn't guarantee these opinions are correct, but they're far more likely to be so than mine, someone who doesn't follow Saturday games. So while none of us should be "shut up" from posting, not all posts are worth the same. Sigh... the era of political correctness and internet anonymity where everyone gets a trophy for even silly opinions...

My thanks to Pandion, Kearly, Hawknation2016, Montana, and others for your input, even when you don't agree with each other.

two dog

Reaction score
scutterhawk":kqifxc8b said:
EverydayImRusselin":kqifxc8b said:
No need to disparage folks that enjoy talking about the draft. It's no different than this entire forum talking about the Hawks, we're not NFL coaches last I checked. For the record a few of those guys in the draft forum have had incredible scouting track records.

Maybe so, but, isn't it bottom line to weigh out the success of Pete, John, and their professional "Scouts" that should carry the biggest influences?
I mean, their track record with the Drafting process, and the winning of a Super Bowl Championship lends a whole lot to their credibility as talent evaluators.
I've no intentions of disparaging anyone here, but we fans are amateurs, and as fans, we're pretty much just going along for the ride.
I think it's cool that some astute folks around here can somewhat foretell how the Draft is maybe going to shake out, but there's no need for the foreboding by their followers when they sometimes miss the target.
Oft times, there's just a whole lot of circumstances & information that isn't available to folks outside the war room.

Absolutely agree with everything scutterhawk says here.

It is harmless folly, but still folly it seems to me, to issue letter grades the day or the week after the draft.
The fact is that we have no idea how the draftees will perform when playing against NFL veterans until
they actually do that.

No matter how well informed, and some of you are astonishingly well informed, or how good you are at
breaking down film. Again some of you are far beyond my ability to gain information from game film.
We still lack the resources available to scouts and personnel people of NFL teams. personal interviews,
talking to coaches, etc., are beyond the reach of even the most committed fans.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1cfmw5ww said:
scutterhawk":1cfmw5ww said:
therealjohncarlson":1cfmw5ww said:
I usually find a way to be positive about our draft and find a few guys with all pro level of potential... but this draft man. Just weird. I feel so down, especially since Schneider hyped it up so much. Yay we got OL help but man I dont know about any of them.

Just a bizarrely anti climatic draft imo. Im looking forward to Pete and Johns comments on it.

Someone plese help convince me otherwise??

Not enough jazzy names for ya?
The problem with hanging around in the Draft forum in the last couple Months, we all get to hear a lot of sexy & over hyped names strewn about, and then when Schneider doesn't pick up on all the frenzy, some folks around here start believing that he doesn't have the "IT" going on anymore.
Whatever happened to the "In Pete We Trust"? :0190l:

I've made it a point in my life to never regurgitate the line "In blank we trust" for anyone. I prefer to think for myself and analyze each action on its own merits. You know, just something most adults pride themselves on doing.

Maybe I'm crazy about not being totally hyped on this draft, maybe I'm not. I guess only time will tell.

I know how the Draft successes have shaken out with Pete & John's Picks & Passes and a Super Bowl win backs up their credibility.
I like to prognosticate as much as any prideful "Adult" likes to do, only, I like to try and make the best INFORMED pick on who I would like to see get Drafted, BUT, I'm not so prideful that I actually believe that I KNOW better than Pete Carroll or John Schneider.
If your picks in the past have mirrored theirs?, then I salute you.