I guess I missed Prosise's injury. What happened?

SeaChat

Reaction score
I thought for his first game back, Rawls looked pretty good, he's going to need a couple of games to get back up to full speed again. I'm really hoping Rawls has learned his lesson.

In the NFL you can't get by for very long with just training hard enough to play a game, you have to condition yourself to superman levels if you want to avoid season ending injuries.

I really like Prosise's style of play. He's not a smash mouth style player, he does bring a razzle dazzle silky smooth, style to the field though, and a total contrast to the offense that is much needed and highly productive.

I think he is going to have to set down and ask himself if he really wants a career in the NFL , if he does, he is going to have to dig down realy deep and start pushing himself into the kind of physical condition that is needed to reducee his potential for future injuries.

The Pope, got a couple of handoffs today and wasn't able to get much going, then some ape on the defense stomped on him while he was laying on the bottom of the pile waiting to get up off the ground. Its what it appeared like to me. 7 watch it again a few times on game pass and watch the play a few times. High ankle sprain was whanevergt Wilson did early on this year and with a rehab regiment and a brace, he never missed a game.

Guess we'll see what he is made of pretty quick. I don't see where he had much of an injury history thru college, so maybe this won't become a reoccurring thing for him. In reading a little after the game I found a couple of reports it was nothing major and that he should be able to return to play soon.

Giblien

Reaction score
At least we have Rawls back.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
It's really horrible luck that Pope came in for one fricking play and got a high ankle sprain. Damn

nash72

Reaction score
So Rawls is our healthiest RB at this time. That's just scary.

Seafan

Reaction score
Who gets waived or IRd? Pope could get released and resigned to PS. Tukuafu is a possibility. A defensive player? Tripp?

Hopefully Pope's ankle isn't severe.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Alex Collins was very durable in college and will receive increased playing time. I am rooting for the guy, he is not all world but does possess some unique skills.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Threedee":2dczs0bs said:
Is Spiller still available?
Not sure if he's still on the roster but Spiller was picked up by the Jets almost immediately after the Hawks released him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2scfbjdk said:
Alex Collins was very durable in college and will receive increased playing time. I am rooting for the guy, he is not all world but does possess some unique skills.

So do certain women working in Las Vegas.

The skills I'm concerned about is the ability to find narrow creases in the enemies Defensive Line. ;)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":mgt2m5ld said:
:roll:

HHHTGT

Reaction score
This is the exact reason I why I kept saying cutting Christine was a mistake so soon. Now we HAVE to rely on an injury prone Rawls and hope he can last..

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Not a great situation, but Schneider & staff have their eyes on players everywhere. They already have a list of serviceable replacements, I would guess. They can bring in some young, hungry dude, then we get Procise back for the playoffs.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Isn't Lynch still under contract? What would it take to bring back the well rested beast?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cyrus12":10ve68fg said:
needs to be addressed in the draft.

Exactly. This might be a good thing for us. I don't see how Prosise gets less injury prone as his career goes on, and the draft this year has some amazing talent to be had in the 2nd round. If the FO believes Prosise can't be relied on, then we might pull the trigger for a really good RB and we could rotate Rawls, Prosise and draft pick.

253hawk

Reaction score
pcbball12":24dgwa5h said:
Marlin Man":24dgwa5h said:
shoulder injury. Must have been when he jumped into the endzone on the long run????????????
No, it happened on the final drive before the half. I think on the play he dropped the pass.

I think it was. He had his back to the defense waiting for the pass from Russ and got hit hard by Bradham's helmet in his left shoulder as he's turning upfield. You can briefly see him favoring it as he's getting off the turf.

EYdp0UG

SeaChat

Reaction score
Both Prosise's and Pope's injuries could have been avoided and both were the result of overly zealous defenders. The Eagle player targeting his helmet into CJ's shoulder blade from behind , he was completely defenseless. I thought that was illegal now, isn't it? I don't mean an aggressive tackle on a receiver, we all love to see that, well not so much when it s our guy getting tackled, but the whole helmet targeting a defenseless receiver thing.

The there is Troymaine Pope laying on the ground having been tackled, the play blown dead, and a big ass Eagles defensive lineman jumping up and down all over the place out there, and comes down right on Popes ankle with all his weight, That little unnecessary dance put the finishing touch on two of our three active running backs.

I remember last week saying we needed to keep all four of our RB's on the active list, Collins, Pope, Rawls, and Prosise, so if one went down we would have our running game barrels loaded and keep up our running assault going no matter what. Who could have imaged two of the three injured and out before the end of the tame.

I'm probably out of line for saying they were both seemingly targeted by the Eagle defense. I've gone back and watched the incidents on NFL Game Pass. It's admittedly tough to call because CBSs game coverage sucks,

I think I could do better with a Sony movie camera, they film the game from one angle, don't go looking for instant replay, you won't find any. CBS films it one time from one angle, that's it, all you can do is rewind it and play it back a few times trying to gather what you can from what you see.

We all remember the fumble recovery, both refs on the scene give the ball to Seattle, you can see the Seahawk player laying on the ground with the ball cradled in his arms with his back to the Eagle players, once the refs call the recovery for Seattle, he gets up with the ball in his hands to head to the sidelines with his trophy, and another then another referee, who wasn't anywhere in sight of the fumble recovery when it happened, ignores the calls of the other two refs and hands the ball back to the Eagles.

Pete is standing on the sidelines waiting for the nod to go ahead and throw the red flag for a challenge from up above, but none ever comes because they don't have any replay film angles either.

I really felt bad for Pope, after just getting his taste of playing in an NFL game that mattered. not that preseason games don't, just to have a big defensive lineman, what look like to me, stomp on his ankle like that, and bring what was probably one of the greatest days in his life to a screeching halt, and even worse because it didn't appear that it was unintentional necessary,

That is not to minimize the impact that same sort of play had on CJ Prosise, he was just starting to really shine for the Seahawks too. I really wish both of these players God Speed on their recoveries and that when they do make it back, that they manage get back out there and play for us before too long.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pacific101":uhzl0g4s said:
I thought for his first game back, Rawls looked pretty good, he's going to need a couple of games to get back up to full speed again. I'm really hoping Rawls has learned his lesson.

In the NFL you can't get by for very long with just training hard enough to play a game, you have to condition yourself to superman levels if you want to avoid season ending injuries.

I really like Prosise's style of play. He's not a smash mouth style player, he does bring a razzle dazzle silky smooth, style to the field though, and a total contrast to the offense that is much needed and highly productive.

I think he is going to have to set down and ask himself if he really wants a career in the NFL , if he does, he is going to have to dig down realy deep and start pushing himself into the kind of physical condition that is needed to reducee his potential for future injuries.

The Pope, got a couple of handoffs today and wasn't able to get much going, then some ape on the defense stomped on him while he was laying on the bottom of the pile waiting to get up off the ground. Its what it appeared like to me. 7 watch it again a few times on game pass and watch the play a few times. High ankle sprain was whanevergt Wilson did early on this year and with a rehab regiment and a brace, he never missed a game.

Guess we'll see what he is made of pretty quick. I don't see where he had much of an injury history thru college, so maybe this won't become a reoccurring thing for him. In reading a little after the game I found a couple of reports it was nothing major and that he should be able to return to play soon.
Rawls looks every bit as reckless as he did before. Cross yer fingers.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

hawker84

Reaction score
What's everyone worried about, we got Boykin. Right Pete. :? Why have they not made a move to pick up a back yet, we're going to rely on Rawls, fresh off two major injuries and supposedly banged up in the last game, and Collins who's done exactly didley squat to this point? :2thumbs:

Latest posts