I feel sorry for Matt Flynn today.

mikeak

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":28qfac51 said:
Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, Russell Wilson.

All quarterbacks John Schneider liked.

1 / 3 better than Matt Miller with WRs in Detroit :)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Donn2390":3gu46o7u said:
therealjohncarlson":3gu46o7u said:
Its funny how so many of the people on this board hate him because he wasn't happy to backup Wilson. I mean, at least he cared enough to be disappointed. He was pissed that he didnt get his shot. Anyone would
He didn't like PC, and didn't buy into the system, he was a malcontent.. That didn't help his cause any....

He was a malcontent? First I heard of this.

drdiags

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":x66to2vl said:

I don't think he was a malcontent but he admitted when he went to Oakland that he just couldn't buy in to what Pete was selling. He felt he would have to be phony to project the leadership Pete wanted, sort of comment on what he thought of Wilson's schtick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ests-his-style-didnt-mesh-with-pete-carrolls/

“I feel like if the guys can look at me in the huddle and see a calm and collected face, that they’re going to relax a little bit,” Flynn said. ”The way I look at it, leadership and being that guy is, don’t be someone you’re not. Don’t be a hoorah guy jumping around and clapping your hands if you’re not that guy. Makes you look desperate. Makes you look silly. That’s not me.”

In other words, don’t look for Flynn to finish every interview by saying, “Go Raiders.” Especially if he somehow gets beaten out for a second straight year by a rookie named Wilson.

OrFan

Reaction score
I was behind our signing him because I really didn't know much about him. Once I had seen him in a couple pre-season games, I knew we had a wimp on our hands. He must have gone to a rich kids private school as a kid. He would be tougher if he had gone to most schools, cause he would have gotten the crap beat out of him for acting like such a wuss.

There is nothing that impresses me about Flynn, or makes me feel sorry for him. He is not NFL worthy.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
drdiags":3qm0czp8 said:
Tech Worlds":3qm0czp8 said:

I don't think he was a malcontent but he admitted when he went to Oakland that he just couldn't buy in to what Pete was selling. He felt he would have to be phony to project the leadership Pete wanted, sort of comment on what he thought of Wilson's schtick.

Ok. I can buy that.

I think instead of being called a malcontent that he should be looked at as being professional. He didn't agree with things here, didn't buy in, but never bitched, moaned, or caused issues.

Doesn't sound like a malcontent to me.

drdiags

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1n12vs0z said:
Ok. I can buy that.

I think instead of being called a malcontent that he should be looked at as being professional. He didn't agree with things here, didn't buy in, but never bitched, moaned, or caused issues.

Doesn't sound like a malcontent to me.

I agree. I would feel the same. Coach just has to find folks of similar mindset and long as it works for them, keep it up. Best football I have seen in a long time from my team. But I do cringe from time to time.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Flynn sucks so bad. Glad to see I was always right.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
theENGLISHseahawk":1bpwwbjc said:
Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, Russell Wilson.

All quarterbacks John Schneider liked.

This is an honest comment and not based on retroactive analysis, but I don't know if Schneider liked Flynn. 3/19 isn't "like" money; it is "show me" money.

Now him trading a third for Whitehurst and having to be talked down from taking Russell Wilson in the second, yeah, those scream like "like" moves to me.

drdiags":1bpwwbjc said:
I agree. I would feel the same. Coach just has to find folks of similar mindset and long as it works for them, keep it up. Best football I have seen in a long time from my team. But I do cringe from time to time.

Carroll and Wilson are so relentlessly positive that I would imagine that their pairing, while not serendipitous, seems like a natural thing that should by all rights have been inevitable. It probably is a bit weird for some people to have that kind of mindset. It would be for me (not that I don't wish I could be more positive).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
This game just goes to show how important or what effect an elite quarterback has on a team. That and your offensive linemen calling out the opposing defense. 40-10!

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
For the record, I have nothing against Flynn...My purpose of this post was that it was SITTON yapping his mouth again. Lest we forget what a whiny bitch he was after we beat GB last year. I would have said the same thing about Rodgers getting killed today too if he was playing. lol. That game was fun to watch. :)