I don't ever again want to hear...

chris98251

Reaction score
Refs made some botched calls for sure, but the game should not have had to depend on them being right based on how the defense handed the offense the game 4 times on a silver platter, 3 that should have been converted for touchdowns at least.

253hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, we sucked today. But as long as there's time on the clock we still deserve a fair game and that was a horribly blown call. You all think we should have lost to the Panthers, the Texans, the Bucs or the Rams just because we played badly on offense? We had a very solid shot to drive down and tie it but that chance was ripped away by incompetence. These replay crews have access to 4K resolution cameras and playback and even I could see the cloud of turf pellets that jumped off the field when the ball hit. Throw all of your 'ifs' up to that point out the window. We're down 7 with two minutes to go and the ball is just basically handed to AZ for the win. That's BS and a slap in the face to the defense who busted their ass all day.

The only thing worse than the officiating or our offense today was the 'fans'. Never in my life have I witnessed such a disgusting meltdown of character and support. You make me sick.

Polaris

Reaction score
chris98251":3azxph2a said:
Refs made some botched calls for sure, but the game should not have had to depend on them being right based on how the defense handed the offense the game 4 times on a silver platter, 3 that should have been converted for touchdowns at least.

I agree, but that really isn't the point (at least for me). I was irate when the officials blew the call to essentially hand the Patriots a win over Cleveland. Likewise I was irate when I saw the officials not only make a bad call but a BAD REVIEW to hand a team (in this case Arizona) a win.

That's not to say that Arizona wouldn't have won with the correct call. The odds are they probably would have. But IMHO that's not the point. The Officials should not be making blatently bad calls that outright hand one team or another the game (and no the so-called 'fail mary' was not a 'blatently bad call' whatever Jon Gruden has to say).

Sturm

Reaction score
We actually had 2 ticky tack calls with the Zona players lining up over the center go our way so I think the officiating was bad all around.

All in all, this loss could've been prevented by just playing better. The Hawks had a ton of chances to win the game and they blew it.

Polaris

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":251nfh6i said:
Officiating doesn't matter.

Tell that to the Cleveland Browns. Officiating shouldn't matter but all too often it has, and not just w/r/t the Seahawks.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Polaris":38ag8eml said:
HawKnPeppa":38ag8eml said:
Officiating doesn't matter.

Tell that to the Cleveland Browns. Officiating shouldn't matter but all too often it has, and not just w/r/t the Seahawks.

The OP subject line was "I don't wanna hear anyone say officiating doesn't matter," so I'm just being a smartass :) Gotta go for the small, personal victories, since our boys didn't deliver the W I really wanted.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2osrvt5z said:
Hey, I'll readily admit that RW and the Offense made a bunch of mistakes today, so are you ready to defend that the Refs didn't make ONE?

Sure they did. So?

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
I think the issue for me here is that the refs (all over the league) are becoming a talking point week after week.

Now this game was down to poor offence, of that their is no doubt, but the refs are leaving it open to woulda/coulda/shoulda with their terrible decisions. 2 big plays in this game were wrong calls by the refs.

Id just like the refs to get decisions correct and not be the the talking point (or one of the talking points) week after week