I don't ever again want to hear...

KK84

Reaction score
We sucked. We lost because we sucked. There are no excuses. That being said, if you don't think officiating improperly impacted this game, you're high.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The Hawks obviously didn't play well enough to win offensively, but that last call was mind-blowingly bad. And Sherman's PI against Fitz was pretty horrendous as well. The last call I can see a legitimate issue with, but other than that it's a wash due to how bad our offense was today

chris98251

Reaction score
We had 60 minutes of football to put this away, defense did there job and more, offense took an ass chewing by Okung and Wilson to get that one touchdown. If we could move the ball then we should have been able to move it at other times in the game. Blame it on the offense not playing up to capability and with motivation, whether Bevell had a curtailed game plan or not we still need to execute plays as they are designed.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
We didn't play well and a couple timely calls helped as well. The pick at the end was crap and the pi on Sherman with Fitz was bad too. The pi should have been at most illegal contact.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
All I know is that we get 3 interceptions in the first half all with short fields where we should have scored 21 points yet we DO NOTHING. The offense needs to get it together end of story. The officials have nothing to do with that.

drdiags

Reaction score
Cannot blame the refs for not getting in on 1st and goal after the Smith interception. The FG penalty on the Cards was bogus. Missing a chip-shot FG didn't help. We can go on and on. Once the ruling was interception on the field, with that blurred replay, no way it is overturned. How do you get beat on a 3rd and forever for a bomb TD?

Play of the game was Palmer's flip to the TE on the scramble roll-out. With what was on the line, should have never come to hoping a ref sees something the way you want him to see it.

Polaris

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":c0ttptjj said:
All I know is that we get 3 interceptions in the first half all with short fields where we should have scored 21 points yet we DO NOTHING. The offense needs to get it together end of story. The officials have nothing to do with that.

I agree that we did not deserve to win for just this reason, but the officials should NOT hand a team a game with a mind-numbingly bad call. When Periera says that it was a bad call against us, you know it's a horrible call.

Seattle probably loses anyway with the correct call, but we'll never know now. It's just like the Patriots-Cleveland game IMO.

plyka

Reaction score
For all those saying "don't blame the refs, the offense sucked, etc."

We all know that the offense was embarrassing. We all know the Seahawks made horrible mistakes. But that doesn't mean the refs were not horrible. It doesn't mean the refs didn't cost the Seahawks the game. You know two things NOT mutually exclusive? Horrible calls by the refs + Bad offense. Both can happen at the same time. Both can affect the outcome to whatever extent they did. The refs made horrible calls throughout. You stating that the offense sucked doesn't change the fact that the refs were atrocious.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wilson looked unusually short today and so did Carson Palmer. Did their combined QBR even total Harvins IQ (80-ish)? I doubt it. Both offenses sucked, both defenses played lights out. We lost. They won. No, we are not invincible, not even at home, and the man in the zebra suit is not our friend.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Okay just for a test.

Somebody go outside and throw a football at someone's bicep and see if it bounces back like that.

Yeah right. It's common sense. Stupid refs.

Let's get the rams next week. We need this #1 seed. I have faith Russell will get this team ready.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
plyka":2ql2f947 said:
For all those saying "don't blame the refs, the offense sucked, etc."

We all know that the offense was embarrassing. We all know the Seahawks made horrible mistakes. But that doesn't mean the refs were not horrible. It doesn't mean the refs didn't cost the Seahawks the game. You know two things NOT mutually exclusive? Horrible calls by the refs + Bad offense. Both can happen at the same time. Both can affect the outcome to whatever extent they did. The refs made horrible calls throughout. You stating that the offense sucked doesn't change the fact that the refs were atrocious.

Exactly.

Everytime someone is critical of the refs, we have to read 4 pages of people preaching that we cant be critical because our offense/defense/coaching/special teams/flag raising/cheerleaders/etc were bad.

It is possible to acknowledge our own faults AND STILL have a legitimate gripe about moronic calls that influence the game.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
On another side note of irritation:

I cant stand when we hear announcers ramble on about how "the refs are going to have to see irrefutable evidence to reverse the call on the field"

Well thats fine and dandy if the right call was made on the field in the first place.

Cant we just have the replay stand on its own merit? If it looks like it was a fumble, call it a dang fumble!

Perfect analogy today. Had the fumble by the Cards RB been called a fumble, it would have stood. Had the the pass on the field been called "hitting the ground" it would have stood because thats what it LOOKED like. Instead these replays are held to this lofty "indisputable" standard that is nearly impossible to reach, leaving the team to deal with the crappy original call.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Really hoped a thread like this wouldn't exist tonight, but not surprised it does.

Arizona earned and deserved the win. And it's a sad statement that we have threads bitching about officiating after literally every loss we take.

Polaris

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":35033ofv said:
Really hoped a thread like this wouldn't exist tonight, but not surprised it does.

Arizona earned and deserved the win. And it's a sad statement that we have threads bitching about officiating after literally every loss we take.

Like I said earlier, I am not denying that Seattle deserved to lose, and even if the call was made correctly (even Periera said it was a horrible call....and that's saying a lot), Seattle still probably loses.

However, the phantom-pick gave Arizona the game. This is a case where a bad call with a BAD REVIEW decided the game point blank. That isn't acceptable.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I wasn't overly fond of the call either obviously, but meh. It should be a rare, rare day that a loss is ever blamed on officiating. And, like it or not, threads griping about officiating right after loss do sort of carry an implication of blaming the loss on that factor. I just personally wish that we acted better than that after a loss. For what it's worth, I do think that it's something the fanbase has gotten better about over time, so I suppose I should be happy with even seeing progress.

razor150

Reaction score
The officiating was bad, Mendenhall fumbled, Sherman didn't interfere, and the ball hit the ground. It annoys me to no end. That said I still think we lose, the refs just made it easier for the Cards. The reasons should be clear as day, after 4 interceptions we score 3 points, and the defense plays great the whole game but with a lead isn't clutch when the game is in the line. I've seen that enough from this defense to know they aren't clutch. Even if Floyd doesn't make a great catch in the end zone the Cards were already in FG range, and unlike Hauschka, Feely could actually kick today.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
PryorFamily":1o4a1ayg said:
I'm with you!!!!!

It was terrible. Did you see how they used their mind powers to cause a missed field goal!!!!! I mean COME ON!!!!!! They should be suspended just for that. And THEN to top it off, they used a laser pointer to distract Turbin from holding on to the ball. They should be banned from the league.

Twice the refs didn't let us score from the 5yrd line. TWICE. Once would have been too much but the league should hear about this!!!!!!

I'm so mad at the refs I can't even see straight. Did you see them out there? The refs 100% gave this game to Cardinals. This league is rigged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Dr. Snide, I don't give a shit about dumb mistakes, bad play calls and/or crappy execution, but that has nothing to do with what I was alluding to, and you damned well know it.
The Offense sucked a big one today, including Turbins brain fart play, as all that shit just happens, BUT, you'll never convince me that that call wasn't a possible game changing mistake.
We would have had exactly 2 minutes to find out if RW and the others could have maybe tied this game up, taking the game into OT.
So A-G-A-I-N, THAT bad call DID change the possibilities of a completely different outcome.
Oh, and DUH to those who said that it was the Team that lost :roll:

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Polaris":q55ucgn9 said:
MidwestHawker":q55ucgn9 said:

Like I said earlier, I am not denying that Seattle deserved to lose, and even if the call was made correctly (even Periera said it was a horrible call....and that's saying a lot), Seattle still probably loses.

However, the phantom-pick gave Arizona the game. This is a case where a bad call with a BAD REVIEW decided the game point blank. That isn't acceptable.
Yep, it's like some folks here are saying that there's no excuses for the players that make mistakes, but the Officials are out of the picture, and shouldn't be held to blame when it comes to making boner calls. SMH

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":q5h8ik65 said:

Hey, I'll readily admit that RW and the Offense made a bunch of mistakes today, so are you ready to defend that the Refs didn't make ONE?