Huskies @ Wildcats

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Petersen is an idiot. I have better clock management in Madden than some of these college and pro football coaches..You have 3 timeouts remaining with 35 seconds to go and you let Arizona it milk to 3 seconds only to call a timeout on a missed field goal giving them 2 chances..SMH

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2fvpr85e said:
Seahawkfan80":2fvpr85e said:
Remember that Pete is still seeing what he has available for a team to do what he needs to work on. His strength may have not been that great today...but he is a great coach. He needs his own recruits in for his scheme to work.
His clock mgmt. was Holmgren bad at the end there. "Great coach"? Um, not so much in the 4th qtr. today.

Not today...but in the past he has had HIS team do great things. Only one year with what he has learned with the team he has NOW means a lot. He has been known to do different things too....et al..the first touchdown..but he is still getting a feel for what he has available. He is a GREAT coach. Give him and his recruits time...you will see. I hate saying this as I am a closet BSU fan...but my heart lies in .............Pullman...or whatever team is good that year. LOL My brother went to Pullmans college whatever that one is...and I became a fan. I have taken 3 classes in the past for my minor degree....from BSU. University of Maryland, I have 3 classes there too....I think. or is it 4...so I could be a Maryland fan too. LOL
By the way...acting on the instantaneous want of a win is admirable. I just dont expect it all the time. Hmmm Capn and Grapefruit shasta aint that bad. LOL :mrgreen:

kearly

Reaction score
Pete Carroll did something similar like this at the end of a game once. The road Rams game last year. He sat on his timeouts and wasted his chance to strike back if St. Louis scored. The Rams ended up a yard short. Pete's plan worked, but in terms of win probability, it wasn't smart. He did something dumb and got away with it.

Carroll also iced the kicker in the Falcons playoff game, which turned a miss into a make. (And that was in a freaking playoff game.)

Petersen made both of those mistakes today in the span of a minute.

Carroll does generally learn from his mistakes. I hope Petersen is capable of the same.

And not that it matters, but I'm 99% sure the right knee was down for a while on the last fumble. Had that happened in the NFL with all the extra camera angles NFL games have, I really doubt the call would have stood.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kearly":ff4hsp7e said:
Pete Carroll did something similar like this at the end of a game once. The road Rams game last year. He sat on his timeouts and wasted his chance to strike back if St. Louis scored. The Rams ended up a yard short. Pete's plan worked, but in terms of win probability, it wasn't smart. He did something dumb and got away with it.

Carroll also iced the kicker in the Falcons playoff game, which turned a miss into a make. And that was in a freaking playoff game.

Petersen made both of those mistakes today in the span of a minute.

Carroll does generally learn from his mistakes. I hope Petersen is capable of the same.

He is...and when he has what he needs in the system for success, we will all see it. Believe me.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SeatownJay":xkmoo1n5 said:
Jermaine Kearse after the game.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chopchop_15/status/533774657111879680[/tweet]

Ouch. LOL

kearly

Reaction score
I'm racking my memory for the last time UW had so many bad breaks only to lose by so little so late. The closest I can think of was the leap by the lake, and that was like 17 years ago or something. And also against Arizona, I think.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/533783694478045184[/tweet]
So, either Petersen sucks at reading a clock, or he sucks at basic math. Either way, that's a piss poor excuse.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jkitsune":12zbrtoz said:
Chris Petersen, Cyler Miles, Cooper, and two long snappers cost us this game. The refs had a huge assist, but the turnovers and missed XP were inexcusable.

havent watched much UW this year, but watched all of this game. thought Miles was good. First fumble was a bit unlucky. Second he probably just needs to go down.

I just didnt understand why Cooper was running the ball at the end. Well, more to the point, why anyone not Washington was running the ball at the end.

Bummer game. UofA is a dodgy group. Rich Rod is Harbaugh at the college level

mikeak

Reaction score
SeatownJay":221p9991 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/533783694478045184[/tweet]
So, either Petersen sucks at reading a clock, or he sucks at basic math. Either way, that's a piss poor excuse.

No he is bad at math

1.30 DOES NOT EQUAL 1.23

At 1.30 you run backwards and ensure that each play takes 3.3 secs or more :)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't see how Arizona is ranked 14th in the country. They are riding their win Oregon still it seems. They aren't that good. The Huskies fumbled away a sure win. The Huskies had about 360 yards of offense and only 17 points to show for it in the first half. Turnovers cost the Huskies mightily today. They need to find a new center. Tanigawa is horrendous.

HawkWow

Reaction score
That was painful. Again.

Can't stand Rodriguez. Just made it worse. You'd think after being gifted a miracle win, he would have been gracious enough to give our kids some props. Not that it really matters, or that it would make me feel even slightly better, but I hate losing to a punk. They have themselves quite a collection of douchebag coaches in the Pac 11.

LOL...at the Les Myles reference. Didn't he cost his kids a title just a few years ago (Bama?) with stupidity similar to what we saw with Pete today? Man, I thought we had this one. Woulda' been a nice win for Pete but he got greedy to end the 1st half, then dumb to end the second. I do like the guy though, but the penalties have to be halved asap.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
HawkWow":59c6bh4l said:
That was painful. Again.

Can't stand Rodriguez. Just made it worse. You'd think after being gifted a miracle win, he would have been gracious enough to give our kids some props. Not that it really matters, or that it would make me feel even slightly better, but I hate losing to a punk. They have themselves quite a collection of douchebag coaches in the Pac 11.

LOL...at the Les Myles reference. Didn't he cost his kids a title just a few years ago (Bama?) with stupidity similar to what we saw with Pete today? Man, I thought we had this one. Woulda' been a nice win for Pete but he got greedy to end the 1st half, then dumb to end the second. I do like the guy though, but the penalties have to be halved asap.

Absolutely, the penalty situation needs to improve. In totality, the team has committed way fewer penalties than they did last year when they were ranked 119th in the nation in penalties.

It took three lost fumbles, over a hundred yards in penalties, a faked FG for a TD, a blocked PAT for a two-point conversion, and a final fumble with a minute and a half left to edge out this team with a 47-yard FG as time expired. Wild, crazy game.

Beat the Beavers!!!

HawkWow

Reaction score
"It took six fumbles, over a hundred yards in penalties, a faked FG for a TD, a blocked PAT for a two-point conversion, and a final fumble with a minute and a half left to edge out this team with a 47-yard FG as time expired. Wild, crazy game".

You are merciless my friend. LOL.

You know what really REALLY sucks about this loss (for me)? At no point, despite our domination, did I feel we would win. Seriously. It's become that bad. I can barely enjoy a single play anymore...it's like "Ok...go down" or "hold onto the damn ball" or "here comes the flag". How bad is it when you'd rather have your D on the field than your O? I will always love this team but sometimes wish I didn't.

But today isn't one of those days. Great effort and execution by 90% of our players and I'm just going to think of those guys until my pulse slows, lol.

mrblitz

Reaction score
peterson is the best overall husky head coach since james. this game today really points to a great season next year.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Nothing Petersen does this year will make up for this.
Take 3 friggin knees, punt it and ASU has what 5 seconds left AT BEST
Take a timeout and you have 35 seconds to drive again.
It's high school level trash, completely overshadowing some of the improvement, specifically on offense.
I'm sick to my stomach

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Jerry Brewer has a pretty good article on Petersen's stupidity.

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewe ... 16xml.html

The chart doesn’t leave any room for reality. What’s most bothersome is the inflexibility and the lack of critical thinking under pressure. That’s on Petersen and everyone advising him. This staff is too creative and mentally agile to be so rigid.