UW: Scariest team in college football?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That game was just plain incredible. Two teams just leaving it all on the field.
If Penix wasn't hurt much of the 2nd half, I think they win going away. Homer opinion, sure, but they were up 11, had the ball and were in control of the momentum. Also, the fake injuries by Oregon were PATHETIC.
God I hate that team. I respect how good they are, but I loved Wide Right Weekend. Down goes the Quacks and the 29ers, BOTH wide right.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Yeah lots of Duck fans saying they should have won if Lanning made better decisions on fourth down. However, I don't think they were bad calls. I was afraid they would convert. They had success against Washington's defense, but the defense stepped up on those 4th down plays and made something happen.

Washington had some questionable play calling, too. Especially when Penix was in pain... Should have handed off to Johnson a bit more. Should have been more prepared for Oregons tall and long d linemen batting down passes. If Lanning and Deboer both made "better" decisions, Washington still wins. You cant just look at one side.

There were surely missed penalties on both teams, but I counted at least 3 plays where Oregon got away with a false start. Seems like when they go hurry up the refs are either not ready or they are just more willing to overlook the early movement. The 3rd down play where Washington was flagged for unsportsmanlike should have been offsetting, but as usual the refs tend to only see the retaliation.

Both teams played well. Both made great plays on offense and defense. Both teams had to deal with some injuries and players playing a little banged up. Both teams showed they are potentially worthy of the playoffs.

One of the best games I've ever seen.

balakoth

Reaction score
FS1 sure had an odd version of 3 yards on a ton of these on screen lines... 3 yards looked like 6 lol

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
15 yards rushing and they still won the game. Lucky AF but ill take it.

NoGain

Reaction score
Oh Good Lord! Did you have to do that to me tonight? FOUR turnovers? The story of the game. If we had any kind of an offense we win comfortably. Hats off to ASU. They killed us on the LOS tonight.

But a win is a win, and most top teams are going to put up a stinker at some point. There's little doubt in my mind that the team suffered from a bit of a hangover from that great win over Oregon. I bet the coaching staff had a hard time getting them to seriously concentrate on ASU.

I do not want the Stanford game to be close. At all. We've got a gauntlet to run through with USC, Utah, Oregon State, and WSU. Going to be tough to get all of them.

Onward Ho!

sutz

Reaction score
Kind of fitting, though, that the D scored the winning TD. The win's on them all the way. Good teams find a way to win, we just saw a prime example of that old canard. :)

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
The injury faking was pathetic, but it's about what I'd expect from that trash program.

Good win. I think a Duck fan on a Husky msg. board just about went over the edge after the loss. He hasn't posted since (and he had about 20,000 in two years). LOL....:LOL:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Huskies don't have the run game or the defense to be a CFB champion. But they have the firepower to be a top 5 team, just off their incredible passing offense and solid special teams.

AZ built the blueprint for stopping UW's pass offense. Pull everyone from the box, UW will try to run instead. That takes the ball out of the QB's hands and since the run game isn't great - many instances result in just a few yards gained. That leads to punts and takes time off the clock, limiting our scoring. (That we could run against the Ducks at all makes me question their run defense too)