How'd your room react when Percy returned the TD in XLVIII?

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2glo0pb0 said:
I was watching with a bunch of friends and family and I was drunk at that point. All during halftime I kept saying "percys takin the opening kick all the way!"

spent ten minutes after that slurring "I told you! " around the room.

Awesome! Alcohol seems to have a clairvoyant effect on you sir, lol ...

Tokadub

Reaction score
I wasn't that suprised at all since I predicted it officially... I was just like yep that's what I thought would happen. Only difference was he did it first kick off in 2nd half instead of my prediction of the 2nd Kickoff of 2nd half.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88077&start=100

Tokadub":6peqb91e said:
A little late on this one, night before Super Bowl I'm so pumped!

So this game seems incredibly difficult to predict the exact score, and I have done a lot of analysis still don't feel too confident in any prediction other than Seahawks win :)

I think it will either be a very close nail biter type of game if Russell Wilson struggles, if he plays his best we completely dominate them.

I think Russell can beat them in a variety of ways:

- Deep ball (exploit their weak secondary, Brady had some guys wide open but just missed his throws which would have been huge plays or Touchdowns)
- Short passes (Either Harvin, Tate, Lynch, or Miller should be ready to bail Russell out on any given play. We shouldn't have to throw the ball away quite so much against this defense. Harvin, Tate, and Lynch can be very effective catching short passes and create big plays).
- Scramble/Designed runs (Russell should be able to pick up quite a few first downs with his feet against the Broncos. If Kaepernick can burn us for huge runs even with our amazing defense no reason Wilson can't do this against the Broncos, the runs don't even have to be huge but just get the first downs!)

1st Half:
- Broncos start with ball have to punt.
- Seahawks score Touchdown unleashing Harvin, Denver looks confused and over-matched against our offense. Hawks lead 7-0.
- Broncos get the ball, make a little progress settle for Field Goal. Hawks lead 7-3.
- Seahawks are looking great with a nice Kick Off return by Harvin but we can't quite keep the drive going and settle for Field Goal. Hawks lead 10-3.
- Broncos Punt or possibly Peyton Manning gets sacked maybe even forced fumble :)
- Seahawks with great field position score a Touchdown with Beast Mode and make the drive look easy. Hawks lead 17-3.
- Broncos finally get a little momentum and score a Touchdown. Hawks lead 17-10.
- Seahawks drive the ball down field both Lynch and Harvin having great numbers so far, get another FG. Hawks lead 20-10.
- With 1st half winding down Broncos score a FG just in time, Payton Manning has to take some more risks on this drive and almost gets picked off. Hawks lead 20-13.

2nd Half: Hawks lead 20-13
- Seahawks start with ball drive down field looking strong, somehow can't quite keep the drive alive (most likely a questionable or phantom penalty) settle for FG. Hawks lead 23-13.
- Broncos Field Goal some questionable calls keep their drive alive. Seahawks lead 23-16.
- Harvin kickoff return for Touchdown, or good field position resulting in Touchdown. Hawks lead 30-16.
- Broncos drive down field finally scoring another Touchdown. Hawks lead 30-23.
- Seahawks punt.
- Payton Manning throws interception for either pick 6 or resulting drive for Touchdown. Seahawks lead 37-23.
- Payton Manning drives down field for Touchdown. Seahawks lead 37-30.
- Seahawks Field Goal. Hawks lead 40-30.
- Payton Manning throws another interception as he approaches the Red Zone.
- Hawks start draining clock and Broncos can't score again.

Final Score: SEAHAWKS WIN 40-30!

Disclaimer: This prediction is based on Payton Manning throwing at least 2 interceptions, possibly having a forced fumble. Harvin does not get injured. The referees do Broncos a few favors to make the game more competitive. The Seahawks protect the ball with no turnovers.

If any of those details change unfavorably for the Hawks, the game could be MUCH closer. If the Seahawks turn the ball over 2 times they will probably lose.

I think I might of been the only person on this forum to predict the Seahawks scoring 40 points? But my prediction was pretty dang wrong since I didn't account for how terrible the Denver Offense would be. Highlighted some of the better points of my prediction in green.

Had some decent predictions for our other Playoff games too:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85939&start=50

Gonna put on my thinking cap and try to predict Seahawks vs 49ers game. Thinking cap tonight = chugging beer while attempting to meditate and visualize the game simultaneously :)

Ugh... OK I think I got it and I'm sorry to say it is not pretty :shock:

1st Half:

- San Fransisco is up 10-0 :pukeface:

- Another horrible kick return puts us at the 25 yard line if we are lucky

P.Dawson kicks 65 yards from SF 35 to SEA 0. D.Baldwin pushed ob at SEA 24 for 24 yards (P.Cox).

- With less than 20 minutes to play the Seahawks finally pull through and make it happen on offense scoring a touch down. Seahawks go up 14-13.

(In reality we were tied 10-10)
Seattle at 12:06 3rd Quarter
#78 eligible. M.Lynch left guard for 40 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
S.Hauschka extra point is GOOD, Center-C.Gresham, Holder-J.Ryan.

- 49ers respond right back and score a touchdown of their own and are now leading 20-14.

(In reality they went up 17-10)
49ers at 9:51 3rd Quarter
(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass deep middle to A.Boldin for 26 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
P.Dawson extra point is GOOD, Center-K.McDermott, Holder-A.Lee.

Overtime: Tied game 20-20

- 49ers get the ball to our horror. Here is where it get's a little hazy for me. I see two possible outcomes.

1) 49ers score a FG followed by Seahawks scoring a Touchdown.

2) Intercept Kaepernick for either a pick 6 or a resulting FG.

Overall decent prediction with us going down 10-0 in first half and coming back for the win with a 49ers interception being one of two possible outcomes for their final offensive play.

Just swing the point totals +3 for us and -3 for them before my overtime prediction and that's pretty decent.

Who else predicted we would go down 10-0 in first half with most likely outcome a Kaepernick interception at end of game?

And for the Saints:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84770

23-20 Hawks win

BUT we end up with the ball and run out the clock with several minutes to go. I don't think we'll need to stop some last minute push by them to save the game or need to score ourselves in some 2 minute drill. So the game is a little bit wider of a margin for Hawks victory compared to how close it looks on paper.

I think that prediction is a little generous to the Saints. This is my Saints play well and Seahawks struggle a bit prediction (most likely occurrence in my opinion).

23-20 would of been a pretty spot on prediction if they didn't miss 2 field goals.

Pretty much the whole playoffs were along the lines of what I predicted would happen, but the 49ers game was a lot scarier than I expected even though I predicted we would be down 10-0 and they would have a chance to win the game at the end. Didn't predict the Broncos Offense to suck that bad though which was a humorous way to end the season.

As for the original question of what was the reaction to the Harvin Kickoff return in Super Bowl? Even though I already knew we were gonna win at half time I just laughed A LOT and did some dancing for sure
:0190l:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tokadub, (moderator edit) with your own hand is more effective than trying to get others to do it for you. Your prediction about Wilson was completely irrelevant as well because you correlated how the game would go with his performance when our defense is what had an elite day, and even if Russell had played poorly, we'd still have won by quite a bit. Also, half the 12th man predicted a kickoff return TD by Percy. Everybody with half a brain knew we had great special teams coverage and they knew what Percy can do, predicting that wasn't going out on any sort of limb.

...Anyway, some great responses by people here. What a magical moment; one that I will never forget. Props to those that ponied up and were there in person.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
If we are talking Harvin predictions, here's mine from the end if December...

I still think Percy Harvin will have some Fernando Torres (Spanish soccer player Chelsea paid £50m for who did nothing and then scored their most important goal to take them to the Champions league final) type impact for the Seahawks.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Watched it at my brothers house with a few friends. The day before my brother was at QFC and they were having Seahawk trivia giveaways. Just as my brother was walking by customer service they asked a question, don't remember what it was, but the answer was Bosworth. He answers and they give him a big foam Seahawk logo with at hand strap in the back. Just as the game is getting started he puts it atop a bookshelf next to the TV and says, "If that falls off it means something good just happened." We all laugh and get another beer. Start of the second half comes, kick, bounce, catch and Percy is gone and we're jumping up and down and screaming and Boom! down it falls. We'd totally forgotten what he said earlier and as it came back it made the moment that much sweeter. More laughing and more beer. Great Game!

SC

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1hddoa4n said:
Whats with all these "i was with a bunch of people that dont like the hawks/football/sports etc?"

Barf.. I would have done whatever i had to do to surround myself with fellow 12s!

Seriously. After finding myself stuck at a party with a bunch of idiot casual fans for Super Bowl XL, I was absolutely adamant that I would only watch any future Seahawks SB with actual passionate fans of the team. If that would mean that I watch alone, I would watch alone. Not a chance I would watch with people who don't "get" sports obsession, even if I love them otherwise.

Chapman

Reaction score
Sorry not sure how the room reacted.
I was there and screemed my fool head off, high fived the crap out of everything in sight and reveled in the fact that there was no way Denver could survive that massive blow to their ego's. Then proceeded to drink the place dry.

MB12

Reaction score
I woke the entire house up.

I was starting to feel a bit nervous about Manning miraculously recovering, and as soon as Percy got it in his hands I jumped up and went absolutely mental.

My Mum and brother were not impressed, considering they had work and school the next day.

Best middle of the night occurrence ever (Yes I live in the UK)

byau

Reaction score
My son chose that moment to have a dirty diaper and in my mind I was thinking "He's going to return it for a touchdown. He definitely will go all the way"...then I thought "well, I got a few minutes before kickoff"

Went to change my son's diaper, he made it a bit difficult so it was taking awhile, and then I hear my wife from the living room

"Uhh...you have to come see this..."

Here I come running back to the tv, carrying my son with a half-on diaper, I catch the end of the return and I'm jumping all up and down doing my own touchdown dance and pumping my son up in the air and his diaper falls off and I'm jumping around (good thing I had the presence of mind not to spike him)

I think that's how it went

What's even more fun: the thread here with the links to live game day forums around the league, I love scrolling through the discussion to the parts where Percy returns for the TD and I just see like five to 10 posts in a row of

"Wow"

"Wow"

"Holy S***"

"Game Over"

That's awesome

:)

LAMike1

Reaction score
We made the kids watch in the upstairs den so the adults could be free to drink, swear, etc. In my poor management of the DirecTV remote, I allowed my wife to rewatch a part of the halftime show. When she fast forwarded back to "live", she fell about 10 seconds short. I suddenly hear the kids losing their shit upstairs and we all start looking around at each other as if to say "What the hell is going on up there"? About the time they started to really lose their minds, I stood up to go up and see what was going on with them... but stopped just as Percy caught the ball.

Blew the moment for myself because it didn't take long to figure out what had happened as soon as Harvin got to full speed. My wife hasn't been allowed to touch a remote in my house since. Not a TV, not a ceiling fan, not the garage door. No remote touching EVER again.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
I was over at a friends house with my wife (about 8 total.) I KNEW in my mind Percy was going to return it right after half-time. One of our group was still in the bathroom (the hallway was just to the left of the TV.) When it happened, we were jumping up and down screaming and the dude comes out (looks like a young Eddie Vedder) still pulling up his pants shouting "What the hell just happened??"

Was pretty funny!

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
For me, being in AZ, I was torn on what to do for the game. I work with a bunch of guys that are fans of other teams. Mostly being Cardinal, Packer,or Bronco fans. We ended up just staying home, we being the wife and my two son's. I remember thinking before halftime that we could come out flat and Peyton could possibly make some magic happen. Right before the kick I looked over to my oldest son, who is about as rabid as me when it comes to the Hawks, and saying Percy is going to run this back. By the time he was breaking into overdrive we were jumping around. When he crossed the goal line, and I saw no flags were down I started yelling we just won the superbowl. By far the best part of the game for me, as I knew it was over. I've had some pretty good luck of being able to make it back up there for games in the past. Seeing the Romo fumble, BeastQuake, Beardquake, and the tip. This was by far the culmination of all.

Barthawk

Reaction score
LAMike1":3h26qfjs said:
We made the kids watch in the upstairs den so the adults could be free to drink, swear, etc. In my poor management of the DirecTV remote, I allowed my wife to rewatch a part of the halftime show. When she fast forwarded back to "live", she fell about 10 seconds short. I suddenly hear the kids losing their shit upstairs and we all start looking around at each other as if to say "What the hell is going on up there"? About the time they started to really lose their minds, I stood up to go up and see what was going on with them... but stopped just as Percy caught the ball.

Blew the moment for myself because it didn't take long to figure out what had happened as soon as Harvin got to full speed. My wife hasn't been allowed to touch a remote in my house since. Not a TV, not a ceiling fan, not the garage door. No remote touching EVER again.

Mike, same kind of deal here. My mom and wife wanted to watch the Seinfeld bit again and I didn't fast forward far enough. I was on the phone with my buddy and he says "gotta go, they just kicked off".. I was perplexed because they had not lined up yet on my TV.. well, it cinched it when he screamed "holy sh*t" as he hung up.. I fast forwarded and saw Percy breaking into the clear and quickly rewinded to the kick.. pandemonium ensued after.. house went nuts.. daughters, wife, parents.. awesome day

aredub

Reaction score
I was sitting 17 rows up in Metlife right behind Harvin. The kick looked SOO short. We freaked out for a moment when it hit the ground. Once it bounced straight up and saw Harvin grab it my eyes got huge, you could see the lane open up wide. My buddy grabbed me around my neck giving me a head lock and screamed. We were jumping up and down as we saw him cut back past the punter and run away from us. When he finally let go of my head I said "oh sh*t, we just won the Super Bowl" It was the first time I allowed myself to say it. I knew they were not coming back after that!