How'd your room react when Percy returned the TD in XLVIII?

A

Anonymous

Aros":38ydb9ie said:
I was at my friend's sister's place. We had just finished eating the most amazing prime rib of my life (capped off with a mountain of dungeness crab) and I sat back down to take in the second half. When I saw him juke the first couple of players I knew he was gone. I jumped up and down and shouted like a lunatic (sadly, I was the only diehard 12 there...Everybody else were general fans or apathetic non-football people).

I completely felt like I had died and gone to Heaven.

Still do.

You had me at "...a mountain of Dungeness crab".

:3:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I had been pacing the living room all halftime because I was so nervous that the Seahawks were going to go into cruise control and let the Broncos back into the game. I just kept saying, "keep pouring it on, keep pouring it on"...

Then Percy returned the kick. I was literally jumping and screaming all over the living room, laughing and shouting.

Then I sat down and enjoyed the second half. That kickoff was such a HUGE weight lifted for me. I didn't worry about the outcome of the game after that.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I was at the party at SoulfishHawk's place and can confirm that at least 4 people called that kickoff return right before it happened. I don't remember exactly what happened but I do remember a lot of jumping up and down and screaming like madmen.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
My house was just my wife and I. the 'Hawks in the SB is too important and personal for me to share with other people. Like others, I was still nervous going in to the second half, but as soon as I saw the short kick, I knew Percy had a chance. How many times have short kicks like that turned in to TD's? As soon as I saw him field the ball, I was on my feet. Definitely my favorite play of the SB.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
volsunghawk":j6x56fd7 said:
NinjaHawk38":j6x56fd7 said:
I also thought I would get emotional and cry if we had finally won a SB but it was such murder too early on I was way to Happy

I can relate to this. I expected to be more emotional, but the beatdown was so severe and it was over so early that the drama just never ratcheted up enough for it. I was a wreck after the NFC Championship game, though.

Yep.

Everyone I was watching the game with knew how important the Seahawks have been to me since I was a kid. How long I'd waited for this.

They kept asking me, "Are you ok, how you doing? I thought you'd be a lot more emotional?"

But I was just in a dream, didn't seem real, it was just a wonderful experience, I just kept asking is this real? Is this happening? :179417:

Wasn't until later, days later, watching the celebrations, watching the game over, that it sunk in and I got emotional. Strange.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
I was at my Mom and Dad's place watching the game with family. To be honest I couldn't even sit down, I kept pacing behind the couch. By the end of the 1st half I was pretty excited but also very nervous just waiting for something to go wrong (this IS Seattle sports after all). I'd been drinking pretty steadily throughout and started getting louder and louder. When Percy made his first initial move I yelled out "Go Percy go!" and looked at my wife who gasped and put her hands over her mouth. I glaced back at the TV and saw Percy make the kicker miss and that's when I saw my Dad stand up and go "YESSSS!!". By the time Percy hit the end zone, my wife was already giving me a big hug and jumping up and down. A round of high fives from my brother in law and Father followed. Once the commercials hit we ran outside and yelled out "SEA-HAWKS" several times in the front yard :)

Once the game was over, I gave my Dad a big hug and said "I wish Grandpa was here to see that" to which my Dad replied "he would've loved every second of it". My wife and I ended up meeting with a group of friends at a bar later and drank with a bunch of other Seahawk fans while watching what was going on in Seattle on the news. What an amazing night I'll never forget.

DirtyDave

Reaction score
I'm not embarrassed to say that I actually cried tears of joy.. Having waited so many years for that to happen.. at that moment I knew that we had won the super bowl.. it was the single greatest sporting event that could have happened for me. It was pure adulation to the 10th degree. I was in complete shock and flooded with so much emotion... pure raw emotion with the sorts that you have never felt before. still chokes me up to this day when i think about it..

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Whats with all these "i was with a bunch of people that dont like the hawks/football/sports etc?"

Barf.. I would have done whatever i had to do to surround myself with fellow 12s!

I was at my buddies where 10-12 of us life long Hawks fans were going crazy in every way imaginable.. The only place i woukd have rather been was at the game itself.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
When they kicked it short, I actually said "if he gets to it, he's gone".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I still have a perm-a-grin from XLVIII. It's my happy place! Whenever I am having a bad day, I think about that glorious day, and I am automatically in a GREAT mood again! :lol:

JonRud

Reaction score
I was at the game. The moment feels like a blur to me. I pretty much just remember jumping around and then dancing when they played some song after the TD. I kept looking up at all the other Hawks fans and we were all just dancing around, it was amazing.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":l158ebgo said:
Whats with all these "i was with a bunch of people that dont like the hawks/football/sports etc?"

Barf.. I would have done whatever i had to do to surround myself with fellow 12s!

I was at my buddies where 10-12 of us life long Hawks fans were going crazy in every way imaginable.. The only place i woukd have rather been was at the game itself.

Harder to do when you live 1400 miles from Seattle.

And I'm not big on crowds, anyhow. :mrgreen:

titan3131

Reaction score
Well I had 3 other people over and my wife + I.

I had decided to place a wager on the game. Only 509$ I put 300 on us winning, and 209 on any kickoff or punt returned for a Td.

We told our guests about it before the game and they had a few they did with their family.

So during the game I was distraught because I was tinking we would blow them out and never have a chance for a kickoff return!

And then after Bruno I WAS LIKE OMG WERE GETTING THE BALL.

He kicked

Harvin grabbed it out a preordained perfect bounce.

ME AND MY wife start SCEAMING

GOGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

HE BREAKS THE CLUSTER MIDFIELD

she start jumping up and down while double fisting beers.
IM screaming WOOHOOOO.

At the line I scream "EAT SHIT Donkeys!"

our guests are amazed

I won 3700 in 12 seconds.

Go hawks

Riley12

Reaction score
ZagHawk":36pwmjw0 said:
I wasn't in a room, I was standing in a crowd...at MetLife

+4

It was and remains a surreal moment in an unbelievable day/weekend. I had the same 'Oh, they kicked it short." initial reaction that others described, followed almost immediately by sheer elation (or is there an emotional state above elation?) as Percy sliced away from the coverage and through the meager two or three remaining orange jerseys and kicked in the afterburners.

"Worth every penny!" were probably the only words out of my mouth, in between the my cheering.

BBlades89

Reaction score
Everyone was screaming & jumping around. I went up to my 5 year old & said "Give me five buddy!". He then proceeded to smack me in the junk & I watched all of the replays from my knees.

Terpdragon

Reaction score
I got to see my son get tackled by his 2 and 3 year old sons and their 4 year old cousin because he made the mistake of collapsing on the ground. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen because they wouldn't let him up. lmao

irocdave

Reaction score
Had my parents, one of my brothers and his 5 person family, my sister and her husband over for the game. My dad is that guy that bitches about every little thing about the Hawks. Guess he has been a fan for to long. He knew better than to bitch about anything as I had to scold him in the NFCCG game to keep him quite. The Hawks had a firm grip on destiny before the kick off but there was that little twinge of this could be the ultimate heart break as a Seattle fan. None of us in the room mentioned it, but we all were thinking it. Then the kickoff. I jumped, hugged my dad and told him "it's OVER, OVER!!!". I don't remember the rest of the game, everybody was talking, beer and booze were flowing..man that was awesome and in my mind PH sealed the deal. In hindsight there was no way in hell the Donks were coming back but that return made the game so much more fun to watch. As soon as it was over I went outside and lit off a couple of big mortars I rat holed from our 4th of July party. My dad had to tell me about Sherman going off, didn't see it live.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
My wife, kids, in-laws, everyone but me was watching the game in Westport. I had to work the day before and the day after, so I was watching it on the big-screen in the man cave in my house in Orting. When Percy grabbed the ball and started running, I jumped half-out of my recliner and started screaming. When it looked like he was taking it to the house, I started getting faint and thought I was having a damn stroke or something (I'm 54, so it ain't far fetched). Sat back down, recovered, and had a good laugh at the whole affair.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
uk seahawk":28dbhlm2 said:
watched it here in London..what a play by percy..as said before it was like it was in slow motion..because of the time difference it was the middle of the night here..i was drunk and decorated the room in seahawks flags.when percy got the touchdown I woke up the wife..she thought her luck was in..no chance of that..two quarters to watch !!!
took about a week before she spoke to me again..well worth it.
.hope we get to more superbowls

This is the funniest one so far, I haven't laughed that hard in a while, cheers UK !!!

Love hearing about everybody's experience in that moment, one of the best of that historic game ...

I watched with my father who, for years, took to games as a child. When my parents divorced, my mother moved us across the country. My father and I hardly saw one another for the next 20 years, eventually becoming almost strangers to one another ...

We now live in the same city and have grown to be very close again but hardly ever watch any games together ...

But this one we did, and as we sat together, and watched the game unfold ...

It was like I was a kid again, hanging with my Dad, watching the Hawks ...

We drank, danced, cheered, laughed and watched our Hawks win their first championship ...

And as I left his place that night, thinking about how poetic is was for us to experience it together ...

I cried and realized it was one of the most special moments of my life, being together with my Dad ...

True Story

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I was watching with a bunch of friends and family and I was drunk at that point. All during halftime I kept saying "percys takin the opening kick all the way!"

spent ten minutes after that slurring "I told you! " around the room.