How'd your room react when Percy returned the TD in XLVIII?

rastahawk

Reaction score
We were all down at my brother's house in San Diego. We had a handy lead in the first half but I was still cautious thinking back to how Indy came back and beat KC in their game. Plus I was nervous with Manning at the helm. So I came back into the TV room after stuffing my face and after looking up to the TV I realized that Denver was kicking off and Percy was returning it. I started yelling, "Percy is going to do something". Sure enough he took it to the house and the house exploded! It was at that point I started to feel that okay we have this thing. Good times.

dbmack

Reaction score
It was just me and mr dbmack watching in our living room. I kept telling him before the game I wish we would blow them out because it was so nerve wracking leading up to the game. During halftime I asked him wouldn't it be awesome if Percy returns the 2nd half kickoff for a touchdown? I was jumping up and down in the middle of the room through Percy's entire return. Mr dbmack said "well, you just got the blowout you wanted. " It is my favorite play of the SB too, I don't know how many times I have watched it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
We watch the kickoff return at least once a week at lunch which includes a die hard 49er's homer(which he obviously hates). favorite moment of that game and something I'll never forget.

The Radish

Reaction score
There was just the wife and I. Her in the bedroom watching on the larger TV there.

I was in here watching the game and the site. When he split those first 5 defenders I yelled "HE'S GONE" and continued screaming at myself the entire way.

I'm looking forward to the league trying to figure out how to defend those sweeps he made in the game for almost 60yds in two plays. And then after they figure that out how to defend the pass that's coming after the fake hand off.

GO HAWKS!

:les:

uncle fester

Reaction score
I was there too. Only I didn't jump up and down - not right away at least.

We'd barely made it back to our seats when the ref whistled for kickoff. We watched as the pooch bounced up in front of Percy. And we watched as he brought it all the way back to the corner beneath us.

I can honestly say, I thought it was some sort of rehearsal kick - there was no way it would be allowed, that would make things really ridiculous. There would be another kickoff, wouldn't there? Maybe (probably!) it's my memory, but there was a kind of stadium-sized gasp as Percy jinked through the main coverage.

I looked at the refs, and then back up the field. No flags. Then I noticed my wife and everyone around us (except the Broncos fans in front) going batsh*t crazy. The noise kicked in in my brain. I was in shock. This can't be happening. All I could do was raise my hands above my head, as the ref on the field did the same.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Excellent thread.

I was jumping up and down and screaming so loudly that my blood pressure shot through the roof and the cat thought she had done something wrong. I think I ran up and down the stairs about 5 times too.

It went something like this:

[youtube]wvsboPUjrGc[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I picked up the wife of one of my buddy's cause she was standing by me in the kitchen and spun her around like a helicopter about 10 times.

uk seahawk

Reaction score
watched it here in London..what a play by percy..as said before it was like it was in slow motion..because of the time difference it was the middle of the night here..i was drunk and decorated the room in seahawks flags.when percy got the touchdown I woke up the wife..she thought her luck was in..no chance of that..two quarters to watch !!!
took about a week before she spoke to me again..well worth it..hope we get to more superbowls

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I was too nervous to even pace during the first half. Just sitting on the edge of the couch, right leg bouncing up and down from nerves, everyone around me talking, laughing, etc. but I was just too focused on the game and tuned it all out. I try not to be negative but after every score and big play (which I cheered as loud as anyone) I would soon settle down and just start to think about all the disappointments that I've seen with this team in the past (XL--FU Stealers) and in football in general (Oilers losing to the Bills via Frank Reich's deal with the devil as an example).

So by the end of halftime I decided to stop the leg bouncing (and end the dirty looks from my wife) by sitting on the floor and wrapping my arms around my knees. When he caught the ball on the bounce and I saw the lane open up in the middle of the field I just started rocking back and forth with (likely) a dazed look on my face like a mental patient in the corner of a rubber room as chaos erupted all around me.

Is it true? Do I dare to start dreaming that the Seahawks can and will be world champions?

That Harvin TD started to turn my negativity around. Yes, I will admit that I still had worries that we could somehow blow it (damn you Frank Reich!!!) and I didn't fully expect victory until after the Kearse TD. But the Harvin TD will always be my favorite play of that game because it's when I finally "dared to dream".

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I was at a party. There were a few non-football fans that just like the super bowl. A couple Raider fans and a few uneducated 9er fans. I live in CA. Being the only Hawks fan at the party, I was getting crap from the 9er fans all day. It was funny because I would ask them about one of their players and they would be like "uh who?".

Being the only Seahawk fan made the game experience interesting. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time. Everyone was bitching about how it was boring. I was laughing and cheering. When Percy got the ball I wa holding my breath almost the full 12. When he ran in I yelled at the party "This game is over!". It was awesome seeing the pouty looks on the 9er fans faces. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Take Roland's post, add women and cigars, and that was our house.

Almost exactly.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I was at a friend's place for the game with a group of about 8 of us watching. We had been drinking pretty much the whole first half since it was a Seahawks celebration seemingly every 2 minutes. When the second half started we were looking forward to getting the ball back and hopefully put some more points on the board, to be honest I didn't think we were completely in the clear with Peyton and those receivers still on the opposing sideline. I remember when the pooched kick had the big bounce someone yelled "take it to the house Percy!" and then as Percy weaved through the tacklers and got into the open field we were all jumping up and down, screaming and hugging each other. Every one there knew the game was over at that point. That's when we broke out the scotch and the next day I bombed an accounting exam...

Totally worth it.

RockHawk

Reaction score
I was at Metlife, and my biggest memory of this was that I was in the aisle seat and as Percy crossed the goal line, I started running down the steps to the bottom of the section, and then ran up the stairs of the entire section slapping hands of fellow 12's all the way up and back down again.

The other memory I cherish was the image of several Broncos fans in front of us sitting stoically with their arms folded. They were statues and didn't say a thing for 3 quarters.

I still can't believe all that happened. It's still like a dream.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I just spent an hour watching Seahawks videos they have on that site...awesomeness.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3d11pavb said:
We didn't have a party, since most of the people here I know are Broncos fans and none of them are as fanatic about the Broncos as I am about the Seahawks - so I knew that I'd end up obnoxious with them no matter how the game played out.

So it was just me, my wife, and my daughter in our basement. We had just moved into a new house earlier in October and had gotten a new plasma TV. More importantly, we had changed our Comcast service to include some basic cable channels, so we had live football for the first time in about 5 years. The first game we watched with this setup was the NFC Championship game.

Now, this basement has a lower ceiling than the rest of the house does, and there is an even lower segment where an AC vent goes across the room. This is an important detail... the clearance under this lower segment is just under 7 feet.

When I watch live Seahawks games, I tend to pace... there's too much nervous energy for me to sit still for very long. And even with the score 22-0 and the Seahawks getting the ball first in the second half, I was still a bit nervous. I've seen Manning engineer some pretty impressive comebacks in his career, so I wasn't in celebratory mode just yet. So I see Percy back, waiting for the kick, and I start telling my wife about how dangerous a returner Harvin is. The kick goes short and bounces up; my first thought is that I just hope Percy grabs it and holds on. I honestly thought at first glance that by the time he'd be able to grab it and secure it, the Broncos would be on him. But he had room and started his return.

When he made the first guys miss and got a bit of open space, my pacing had taken me directly under the low section of the ceiling. I jumped up in excitement as I saw the potential for a big return and smacked the top of my head hard on the ceiling. I collapsed to the floor, dazed briefly as my wife and daughter were shouting, "Go! Go!" A couple of seconds later, my wife realized what I had done and crouched down to check on me, saying, "It's okay, he scored!" I'm still not sure how the fact of Harvin scoring the TD would have made my potential concussion okay (heh). Luckily, I had only been dazed for a second, and I still had a clear view of the TV while lying on the floor. I got to see the whole thing. I just cackled, still lying on the floor, and spent the rest of the game giggling and every once in a while turning to my wife and saying, "We're gonna win the Super Bowl!"
Awesome story! Your wife and daughter are true fans to cheer on Percy and worry about your self inflicted wounds later!
You took one for the team. :th2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was at my friend's sister's place. We had just finished eating the most amazing prime rib of my life (capped off with a mountain of dungeness crab) and I sat back down to take in the second half. When I saw him juke the first couple of players I knew he was gone. I jumped up and down and shouted like a lunatic (sadly, I was the only diehard 12 there...Everybody else were general fans or apathetic non-football people).

I completely felt like I had died and gone to Heaven.

Still do.